Random client updates are a huge mess

Stop it with the random "client restarts". THIS time it was during an Arena match. Its really simple, have a "snooze" feature, that allows you to either do the update right then and there or force update no matter what in 5 min.

This would allow players to exit whatever they are doing at that time conveniently and then take the forced update

Either do this or stop pushing these content updates that have all these bugs. We dont care about the cadence. We would rather have a bug free game for a few more weeks rather than a rushed half baked content that breaks the game and takes 3-4 hotfixes to correct. We understand youre shorthanded, stop rushing things! This is getting ridiculous!

Vent over.

Replies

• Options
    I often get them during my GW runs, right at the prize stage.

I would not be happy if that happened during a TB/TW match.

in fact I would fly over to whichever EA superfortress CG are based in and leave a very strongly worded letter of complaint at the door.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    Thats an hours notice. Im not a mod scrubbing these forums every hour. Not happening, for casual or hardcore players of this game.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Thats an hours notice. Im not a mod scrubbing these forums every hour. Not happening, for casual or hardcore players of this game.

Or healthy
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    A simple bot flags updates like this and you can see the updates pretty easily.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Still it's quite simple to change the design/implementation to postpone the update until after the results of the battle have been transmitted to the server.
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Still it's quite simple to change the design/implementation to postpone the update until after the results of the battle have been transmitted to the server.

afaik they're doing exactly this BUT there is a difference between CLIENT (restart at any point) and SERVER (restart immediatly) updates as the Server updates could invalidate sessions and other stuff thus requiring the client to reload as everything not submitted at that point is invalid due session loss
  • Options
    Agreed, they should be held for when you login. This last one occurred right in the last phase of the heroic rancor for me and I wasn't in chat. I missed out on killing it and when I finally got back in it was over. Thank God I took number one still.