A Thank You to EA Support

Krey
341 posts Member
I was not sure where to post this, but I had to post it somewhere.

I just wanted to say thanks to EA support for help getting name changed. I was one of those who was not paying attention when I first started playing the game, and I clicked through the one and only chance to change your in game name without even realizing what I was doing. It has annoyed me ever since.

Well, after reading about people contacting support to have it changed (some successful, some not), I decided to give it a try. I used contact by email, and filled out a ticket. I tried to be polite and respectful, explained what I was after, and that I was not sure I had categorized my request correctly because nothing really fit. And then I waited.

Well, I took a little longer than 24 hours, but I got back a very polite email from support stating that they would be happy to help me and, in fact, had already changed name to Krey in game. And sure enough, it's changed!

Anyway, we complain about support all the time. But this time, they really came through for me, and all I had to do was ask once. So thanks guys. I hope this gets back to you.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    If more people would try that first instead of running to the forum with a complaint....
    I have had good response from EA in this and other games when contacting them directly.
  • Options
    This is great to hear!
  • Options
    Nice.

Yes, politeness and respect does go a long way :)
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    That's nice to hear Mol Eliz....eh..i mean Krey :P
  • Options
    +1

Ive had a pretty good experience with the support team also, quick to reply to DMs too (not so on replying to the reply but im sure they are busy).
    Nice to see.
    Good post.
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    Options
    Hi Krey, I just saw you on my leaderboard tonight, so I'm thinking you're "that" Mol Eliza.

Good story, and it's always nice to have one less ME.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    Arillian wrote: »
    Hi Krey, I just saw you on my leaderboard tonight, so I'm thinking you're "that" Mol Eliza.

Good story, and it's always nice to have one less ME.

Yeah, I noticed a new guy named Krey too that was up there with us ;). At first I thought it was someone new that worked his way up, then after looking at the team I thought "no way...". Anyhow, at least now there is one less Mol Eliza in the top 50 :)
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    I did the same thing and they changed mine to what I use here. Very much appreciated
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    droidboyz wrote: »
    Nice.

<Template for support request>

Dear CG,

Can I respectfully be allowed to be of the opinion that maybe Poe was affected too much during the recent "adjustments". Would it be possible if not too much trouble to reinstate some of his stats or evaluate some ways to make him a bit stronger. While some people showed very little love for him, he only wanted to have friends, to love everyone and be loved. That's all he asked. It would be merciful and would show such great compassion against this poor char to make him a bit more viable if you would so consider in your great wisdom and generosity.

My Kindest Regards and may you have great night or day, today and every single day after.

<Signature>
  • Options
    Awesome!
  • Options
    droidboyz wrote: »
    Nice.

<Template for support request>

Dear CG,

Can I respectfully be allowed to be of the opinion that maybe Poe was affected too much during the recent "adjustments". Would it be possible if not too much trouble to reinstate some of his stats or evaluate some ways to make him a bit stronger. While some people showed very little love for him, he only wanted to have friends, to love everyone and be loved. That's all he asked. It would be merciful and would show such great compassion against this poor char to make him a bit more viable if you would so consider in your great wisdom and generosity.

My Kindest Regards and may you have great night or day, today and every single day after.

<Signature>

This is perfect