FO team first zeta?

So I’m building a first order team and just want opinions on what to zeta first. Leaning toward KRU leader, but its nice to hear other opinions

FO team first zeta? 66 votes

KRU leader
100%
ArcaverEventineElessedilAycee1HowieWanShaunyveeWaffandrordWallynator94gpeeeeMr_SausageZCD_9915CindaveGcdevilOnEMesSduPKiDCombatCommander7RiszJay_1997_CSpartan549OneohmKyJoe_Coolc1ever_pun 66 votes
KRU unique
0%
Kylo outrage
0%
FOS unique (not even sure why I’m putting this as an option)
0%

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    KRU leader
    KRU is the ultimate FO Zeta, however; FOST unique just feeds the advantage train, and a full assist with no damage penalty is pretty sweet. After adding KRU Zeta it also heals the assisting ally.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Options
    KRU leader
    KRU by a country mile.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    Options
    KRU leader
    KRU lead then outrage. Makes the BB8 soooo easy
  • Options
    KRU leader
    KRU first followed by FOST's unique, then outrage or KRU's unique.
  • Options
    KRU leader
    KRU leadership then old school Kylo's Outrage (my personal choice).
  • Options
    KRU leader
    ZCD_9915 wrote: »
    KRU lead then outrage. Makes the BB8 soooo easy

Funny you mention this - I got BB8 before KRU was around, but I was having terrible luck with the BB8 event back in the day. Put a zeta on Outrage and easily beat the event.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    KRU leader
    The most important zeta for most teams is the leader zeta.
    Still not a he.
  • EduardoCadav
    390 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    KRU leader
    "FOST unique (not even sure why I’m putting this as an option)"

This is the second best FO zeta. Assist when doing anything (basic, taunt, counter, assisting)... pretty good in my opinion anyway.

To be honest, unless you are planning on having some off meta fun and trying to use them in arena then it's the only one worth considering beyond KRU lead.

The added survivability from KRU lead and the fact that lashout is used constantly for TM gain makes the zeta on outrage outdated. Pre taunt and a little extra counter chance from KRU's unique is very expensive for a zeta imo. I have it just because it changes JTR's opening move in arena.

*edited a typo
  • Options
    KRU leader
    how can you even think about something else besides KRU L ?
    the people's voting just proved it. people dont even attempt to troll and suggest other thing.
    and btw, if you just read the ability, there's no single doubt. this is the BEST leadership ability in game.
    lets see what it gives : (A) Speed bonus. (B) Crit damage bonus. (C) TM gain. (D) Hp+Protection regain.
    look at every other leader ability in the game.. they will give variations of it, but always 2-3 Max. KRU give you 4 big stuff...
    truth is - if you change KRU L to "Sith/Empire/Rebel/Resistance/Jedis" or whatever instead of First Order, he'll be #1 leader also in meta report. he just have pretty much bad allies, FO isnt a good faction overall. but KRU L zeta make them somewhat great. give him op buddies like Han/R2/BB/Sith trio and stuff like that, and hes broken with this leader ability.
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    Options
    KRU leader
    You already know the answer... Merciless Pursuit changes everything about FO. You have no choice:)
  • Options
    KRU leader
    Kru’s leader is most important. But anyone that says his unique isn’t, obviously hasn’t played much first order.

A. Pre-taunt is extremely valuable in PVP. It prevents executioner or FOO from being fractured or hit from someone right off the bat. Without those two, your team is dead.
    B. 100% counter chance means he’s CONSTANTLY applying tenacity down, which aside from being a great debuff, means that each time he counters and hits someone, he taunts due to his basic. His unique helps him to be taunting almost the entire match.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    KRU leader
    Everything about First Order stats with Kylos leader ability. That absolutely has to be the first, FO zeta you do.
  • Options
    KRU leader
    @OnEMesSduPKiD assume that's in response to my comment?
    I will stand 100% behind what I said which was that KRU unique is only worth the zeta mats for use in arena, where obviously you should have all the zeta's you can get but I think that the FOST zeta is more important.
    That's just my opinion on it of course but I will point something else out too, "If the target was already debuffed, and it is Kylo's turn, he gains taunt for 1 turn" which means he doesn't gain taunt when counter attacking.
    The biggest benefit from the counter attacking is actually the 20% TM that FO get when critically hitting which is why you want goodish crit chance on KRU so that when he's counter attacking his effective speed goes through the roof.
  • Options
    KRU leader
    @EduardoCadav you are correct on that part of his skill. Still though, he’s applying tenacity down every time he counters, which allows him to hit almost any enemy and regain taunt on his turn. This is also useful in boosting HAAT damage, while still getting him to taunt.

I love his unique, and I zeta’d it without question.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    KRU leader
    Also his constant taunt is excellent in P3 as he'll absorb all cannon hits and regain portions of the health lost. Don't have to worry about getting a buff up on someone as his taunt is triggered passively by his basic so you can't ability block it. His unique would be great on attempts where the main cannon is primed to go before your team. Nobody dies. I've been really torn about my FO zeta order but this thread and all comments have lead me down this path:

KRU lead - done
    FOST - 2 more mats needed
    Kylo
    KRU unique
    FOTP
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    KRU leader
    KRU's zeta is one of the best ingame from what I've heard. A Zylo is pretty sweet too. So maybe after you zeta KRU's lead you go for OG Kylo's Outrage. That's just my 2¢. :smile: Best of luck to you @Sithlord1230 on whoever you choose! :smiley: And remember... may the force be with you. Joe :sunglasses:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Options
    KRU leader
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Also his constant taunt is excellent in P3 as he'll absorb all cannon hits and regain portions of the health lost. Don't have to worry about getting a buff up on someone as his taunt is triggered passively by his basic so you can't ability block it. His unique would be great on attempts where the main cannon is primed to go before your team. Nobody dies. I've been really torn about my FO zeta order but this thread and all comments have lead me down this path:

KRU lead - done
    Kylo
    KRU unique
    FOTP

I think that's probably the right approach. I personally didn't have FOST until long after I had been running FO (that's a mistake...don't ignore FOST), so I used my 2nd zeta on Outrage for Kylo. I don't regret the zeta, but FOST's is probably the 2nd best one for the team as a whole.

With the addition of FOE, I don't find myself using FOTP very much any more, so I would consider his a very distant 5th, and possibly even 6th behind Phasma. But honestly, I would start putting zetas on other toons outside of the First Order after KRU's unique (I don't have that one either, but I see its merit).
  • Options
    KRU leader
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

KRU lead - done
    Kylo
    KRU unique
    FOTP
    don’t zeta Fotp. You will never use him instead of executioner.

• Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    KRU leader
    I run KRU, Kylo, FOST, FOE, FOTP. And I run him in ships so I might as well. I zeta arena then guild then arena, etc. Just did Vader's lead for rancor. Next is FOST. Then it'll be Ebb and Flow.
  • Options
    KRU leader
    @Vendi1983 you probably have your solo team all sorted now with the Zader but you can solo rancor with KRU,FOO,FOX at >g9 with good mods, g10+ to be safe. If you add Phasma and FOST then it's a very reliable auto solo in just over 10 mins. Seems like you are not using FOO though? He's super important for a good FO team so worth subbing in for FOTP.

Also, if that squad is your arena team then (having rubbished it above... ;) ) I would recommend KRU unique above outrage. But if your guild is struggling with phase 1 of HAAT and you have the patience for the Zylo cheese method then that might be better.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    KRU leader
    I have FOO but not at 7* yet. KRU G10, Kylo G11, FOX G10, FOTP G10, ST G9+4 is my arena lineup. I'll swap in FOO once he's maxed and modded. Currently finishing up Qui Gon in Cantina store. The main reason I included FOTP zeta was in the event I keep the lineup the same, KRU will be pre-taunting to absorb whatever happens first and then FOTP will be sitting behind foresight to avoid instant death.
  • Oneohm
    17 posts Member
    Options
    KRU leader
    I've been running FO in the Arena for a long time and the KRU leader zeta really is the best FO zeta. I went up in Arena rank immediately after switching from Phasma to KRU. My preference on zeta order is KRU leader, FOST assist, then KRU unique zeta.

I run zzKRU, zFOST, FOO, FOSFTP, and FOX (All some amount of G12). I have zPhasma, zFOTP and zKylo on the bench. I agree with some other comments where once you gear up FOX, there no need for FOTP. FOX seems better to me in almost every way. I'm hoping for a couple more FO toons so I can field two full teams.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Options
    KRU Lead > FOST Unique > KRU Unique >> Kylo