Fleet Meta Stale?

Krysath
10 posts Member
Is anyone else finding the Fleet 2.0 meta stale? The entire thing hasn't moved since the move to Fleet 2.0 was made.

You either start with Biggs and two of these (Tie Fighter, Tie Advanced, First Order Tie) or you just lose.

This screams stale meta to me. The entire thing is just so boring it's unreal and so many battles are decided purely by RNG. There's no skill in it, it's just luck.

Replies

• Options
    My whole shard is stale, nobody around me has got above a 4* cap ship (challenges are at silly level to complete), and I've been sat at 50 for ages. People have either lost interest or they don't feel there's anyway to go.

Ships 0.5 is terribad.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    Incorrect. I’ve been owning the “meta” you refer to and cashing out at #1 for nearly a month with my Geos.

My shard is starting to adjust, producing more diversity. I would expect yours will, too.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Incorrect. I’ve been owning the “meta” you refer to and cashing out at #1 for nearly a month with my Geos.

My shard is starting to adjust, producing more diversity. I would expect yours will, too.

Well now you are incorrect. There is absolutely no diversity in my shard and no one uses Geos, not even in top 10.

I'm guessing your shard gave up, or don't have the resources to gear other ships?
  • Options
    I absolutely decimate Biggs and company. I’m not saying Geos are the only option, but anyone not paying attention to the changes and adjusting to them (especially reinforcement abilities?) is at fault for their own failure.

Vader is a great example. Anyone not using him as a reinforcement is insane in my book, yet I see him in virtually EVERY starting lineup.
  • Options
    I absolutely decimate Biggs and company. I’m not saying Geos are the only option, but anyone not paying attention to the changes and adjusting to them (especially reinforcement abilities?) is at fault for their own failure.

Vader is a great example. Anyone not using him as a reinforcement is insane in my book, yet I see him in virtually EVERY starting lineup.

That's because they like the guaranteed TL with biggs.. on a >2year old shard many in mind have 3+ mil GP, and the top 50 is chimaera with vader, biggs and either FO tie or imperial tie..
  • Options

That's because they like the guaranteed TL with biggs.. on a >2year old shard many in mind have 3+ mil GP, and the top 50 is chimaera with vader, biggs and either FO tie or imperial tie..

Oh, I get the target lock, but it’s just not the most effective use of resources. My ship shard is over two years old, by the way. No idea what the GP of the top fleet performers are, but their fleets are in the high 300k range.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Options
    IT IS A FACT: Chimera and BIGGS/ VADER + TIe Fighter/or random other suitable ship are heavily used. You always have single outbreaks with other ships like geos but at least 15 teams in the top 20 of nearly every shard are Chimera witht he above mentioned combinations. The reduction of 5 to 3 ships hammered the fun of ships enormous. I remember the devs saying in an interview that this will bring strategic depth as we never experienced it before.

Yeah well, i never experienced such a rng strategy LOL
  • Options
    I run Biggs, Vader and TFP and usually finish #1 or #2. Only 1 person in the top of my shard runs Geos and they never get higher than maybe #10. I personally love to fight them whenever I get the chance - other than Sun Fac they aren't that great.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Geos are all over my shard now, diversity is going away as the Geo meta comes in now that everyone has had time to work on the new fleet easy button lol.

Can still win with Biggs Vader and Tie, but geo teams are just better.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I penetrate full equipped geo fleets. As soon as I see one i go for them.
  • Options
    Well I finally beat Executrix 5* so I can stick Vader in the new slot now. That DOT is too handy.

Only trouble is I'm not sure how AI handles reinforcements. Don't think it can be trusted to sub him in at the right time.

I have Phantom on reinforce as well for obvious reasons.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    Hell: I do agree with you on not trusting the AI with reinforcements. I may remove consular (whom I never use on attack) for that very reason.
  • Options
    I think reinforcements are getting called by the order you place them. So the first reinforcement chosen gets called first and so on. Never really thought about it though.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Options
    Elendior wrote: »
    I think reinforcements are getting called by the order you place them. So the first reinforcement chosen gets called first and so on. Never really thought about it though.

Sadly they are not gonna called in that order. The AI is looking which ship is the best reinforcement in your current situation. Eg: Put Slave 1 to the right, and play a fleet challenge. He will be called in first. Same goes for Scimitar.

My fleet shard is partially switching to the geos or tanky starting line-ups/reinforcements. Everybody is above 350k and we have now 4 of the geo trios. The siwtiching is also true for captial ships: Executrix 4 to 6, Home 1 3 to 4 and the rest is still using Chimaera in the top 20. And every Chimaera uses the old META.

We have already diversity and this is good. The players which are still running the old META lose every week a little more of their stand in the top 10.
  • Options
    Ships 2.0 is going to be a slow moving transition. People are going to farm the ships that have a pilot that is raid or arena viable until they've reached a point that they can focus on ship pilots. Plus, some of the lesser known ships are difficult farms. It was nice that they put Sion with Kylo's Command Shuttle, but now that I'm done with Sion I really don't want to keep farming that node when I need to get Bossk and Holdo to 7*. MilFalcon is paired with Scav Rey, so if you have a 7* Rey, what's the point of farming the ship when you probably have Raid toons you want to focus on?

Basically, until there's another Ship piloted by an arena viable toon, you're not going to see a big shakeup in fleet squads outside of the bigger spenders. I have no desire to gear up Geo Spy when I can get into the top 20 already without him.
  • Options
    And the triplets can still be beaten with the Chimaera / Biggs team, sometimes more easily than others, but it's still more than possible. Ships 2.0 still leaves a very sour taste in my mouth - and I really don't believe the AI very much - my Tie is routinely out-dodged by their Biggs, and my Biggs out-resisted by their Vader of all ships. It makes little sense. Say confirmation bias if you want, but I've played enough matches where I can call out when the opposing Tie is going to dodge and be right 80% of the time. Just an epic dumpster fire that's served no purpose other than to line EA's pockets and (along with the marquee platoon fiasco) keep TB stars down.
  • Options
    It actually doesnt matter if the top 20 uses only chimaera or full ackbar geo or whatever. There are only 2-3 Fleets really dominating and it depends on every players shard what the top players do. The others will mimic it and do mirror matches.

The battles themselves dont makle fun at all. And for me this is the top priority problem. It simply is no fun, if you run geo, or Biggs advanced tie, or whatever you are trying to.

There needs to be at least 2-3 more capitap ships + 20-25 fighters + a 5 ships starting formation. We need bombers and capital ships being attackable. Until then this will just be a sim mode for me.

Same as fleet arena: I just start a battle and then quit the match. I would loose anyway due to AI mayhem and the same happens when others attack me. I barely loose on defence too. What is the point of this??

And I am quite concerned, that new chars like enfys get dropped to very hard fleet nodes. They should stop this separation of f2p and p2win players. The gap between them gets to big when looking at all of them. Ofc there are some f2p examples showing their brave strength but for the majority this doesnt count.

I cannot beat all hard fleet battles at the moment. Eventhough my main fleet is quite high with g12 pilots with 5* mods and 7* ships. Ofc i dont have all ships ready on g12 pilots cos there are too many things required everywhere in the game.

I wish that we could get a short break of new chars and get some time for pushing the roster. In that break the devs could rework the ship section of the game. and Bring ships 1.1 instead of 2.1.
  • Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Ships 2.0 is going to be a slow moving transition. People are going to farm the ships that have a pilot that is raid or arena viable until they've reached a point that they can focus on ship pilots. Plus, some of the lesser known ships are difficult farms. It was nice that they put Sion with Kylo's Command Shuttle, but now that I'm done with Sion I really don't want to keep farming that node when I need to get Bossk and Holdo to 7*. MilFalcon is paired with Scav Rey, so if you have a 7* Rey, what's the point of farming the ship when you probably have Raid toons you want to focus on?

Basically, until there's another Ship piloted by an arena viable toon, you're not going to see a big shakeup in fleet squads outside of the bigger spenders. I have no desire to gear up Geo Spy when I can get into the top 20 already without him.

This is the main issue with ships 2.0. There are actually several metas available, but the one that everyone already has farmed is Biggs + TIEs, since they were the old meta. Geos are good on offense, but horrible on D, so not exactly what I’d consider the “best” meta as D is the biggest defining factor in how valuable a team is. Honestly, the most difficult team in my shard for me is tarkin with Biggs + Phoenix, since they are designed to counter crits (which is what chimaera relies on). There are other viable teams as well, it’s just that ships take so long to farm, not only with pilot gear but also omega mats now, that we haven’t had enough time for people to explore those. I bet in about 3-6 months you’ll see a lot more diversity, which, until the grind speeds up, is just gonna be how long it takes to change a ship meta.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

This is the main issue with ships 2.0. There are actually several metas available, but the one that everyone already has farmed is Biggs + TIEs, since they were the old meta. Geos are good on offense, but horrible on D, so not exactly what I’d consider the “best” meta as D is the biggest defining factor in how valuable a team is. Honestly, the most difficult team in my shard for me is tarkin with Biggs + Phoenix, since they are designed to counter crits (which is what chimaera relies on). There are other viable teams as well, it’s just that ships take so long to farm, not only with pilot gear but also omega mats now, that we haven’t had enough time for people to explore those. I bet in about 3-6 months you’ll see a lot more diversity, which, until the grind speeds up, is just gonna be how long it takes to change a ship meta.

And until that time comes, there may be new meta ships added to the game.

which will be good for people who only care about ships or whales with hSTR in farm mode...the 99 percent of game not HSTR ready are ONLY farming stuff that can HSTR...lets count HSTR pilots that are viable.

Resistance Pilot : HSTR usable not optimal. Ship would be glorious with more resistance ships but until then is horrible (well a horrible option) with full resistance team the assists would be glorious

KRU : Great HSTR option for certain phases, Good ship with the right lineup easy farm

Falcon 1.0 : JTR no need to mention HSTR. Finn good everywhere else. 2.0 rework of ship is horrible IMO but if you only care about HSTR you will have at least one of the toons geared.... small synergy with RP ship would still get crushed in meta

Command Shuttle : again P2 HSTR synergy works great with silencer not ship meta worthy but does appear

Reaper : DT P3 no need to mention him for HSTR. Most consider ship worthless after 2.0 although he is maxxed in my fleet as 4th reinforcment or as a needed dispel never really use him just there as no one at top of ship shard ever get's to 4th reinforce.

Phoenix : P2 good team gear requirments sick Fleet is actually meta worthy against certain fleets. May be a top option for new shards as they are needed for many things.

Tano : P1 jedi team ??? who knows. Ship not that good except for emergency call in dispel

Rex : ??? meh

Now there is no real META team to be had in that mix...

And YES it does depend on peoples priorites.. But for the 99 percent of guilds and people who can't do HSTR these are prob the toons and ships they are farming..

New ships being released would prob make way more $$$$ on pilots that have some kind of HSTR synergy

Ships will still be awesome until the power creep model hits here...thankfully new falcon and Sith fighter were not ungodly OP... hopefully they stay off the power creep as long as they can in ships and let's hope Seperatists get rework so Genoshans can be used as a team in TB and TW...

EDIT : Just the way it goes...You don't have to run Genos to win, you don't have to run Biggs Vader to win you can win with a lot...as long as they don't release a meta that can win all the time on Defense complaints will be a minimum I guess I love all the new features and stuff but still hate TB ships big time
  • Options
    To be honest..... by now it is more than 1 % that manages to win the HSTR. I am in a f2p guild ( ofc there are some few that spend money but they are no whales for sure) and we already manage the HSTR with ease now. It just takes disciplin and good management by the guild leaders.

And it's not all about the already added ships. Its about NEW ships and bringing some new content. Making Capital ships being attackable for example. Where are the Bombers? Heavy Assault fighters. Other Standard fighters. Furthermore it is time to add at least SOME ships without a Pilot. The Tri-Droid Starfighter for Example does'nt even have a pilot. It just has a Droid brain which controls the Fighter.

As for now it is normal to priotise things in this long-time game. It is MEANT not do do everything and unlock everything in a blink of a time. That is what newer players have to learn. But the Gamechangers are guiding the People wrong. For example. Bastila gets released ... BOOM ... tons of videos abput the Jedi in HSTR.... Embo gets released... BOOM... tons of Videos about BH in the HSTR... thats WRONG. You cannot make new players happy by showing them how much they still need.

Also the Youtubers like Ahnald and all the others should stop throwing out content on how to beat Traya teams what so ever.

They should make some more advice videos for smaller guilds an newish players. And als midgame Guilds/players. Showing how other Teams than the exensive/ legendary teams work in a Raid or Arena. The same for ships of course.

Show them how to focus on what toons to get and which events to focus on etc. Telling them to focus on Rancor/AAT raids to get GK and Han and THEN moving on slowly grinding for HSTR.

• Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe to shake things up, Biggs should be required to fly only under a Light Side commander. and/or, the cooldown of the "starts on cooldown" capital skills should be increased by at least 1. and/or, make more ships and capital ships and require all ships to fly only under the same type of commander (Empire under Empire commander, Separatist under Separatist commander, etc.)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Tryxa wrote: »
    Maybe to shake things up, Biggs should be required to fly only under a Light Side commander. and/or, the cooldown of the "starts on cooldown" capital skills should be increased by at least 1. and/or, make more ships and capital ships and require all ships to fly only under the same type of commander (Empire under Empire commander, Separatist under Separatist commander, etc.)

Biggs is a joke right now how are people still complaining about him....oh you don't have any hounds tooths maxxed in your shards....
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yeah bugs were not a “fake meta” and people only have themselves to blame for being strategy lazy and not working the rest of their ships past Biggs, TIE A, ITF. Gauntlet stops tank issues for the most part with buff immunity but people didn’t want to bother with it. Bugs and HT now are even more brutal than anything. And yes mine is maxed with maxed Bossk. The cookie cutter fleets of old are a joke and the joke is on those who didn’t think ahead.
  • Options
    Yeah bugs were not a “fake meta” and people only have themselves to blame for being strategy lazy and not working the rest of their ships past Biggs, TIE A, ITF. Gauntlet stops tank issues for the most part with buff immunity but people didn’t want to bother with it. Bugs and HT now are even more brutal than anything. And yes mine is maxed with maxed Bossk. The cookie cutter fleets of old are a joke and the joke is on those who didn’t think ahead.

Ummm...it's just a different cookie cutter.

All CG/EA did was manipulate a change in the meta (and nerfed things people had paid for in the process). In general, this is not something that should be applauded or celebrated. It's reason for concern.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*