Rebels: Basic Training Event. I give up.

Hello.

In short ... what's the solution?
I have tried to follow previously posted advice (always Rebel Tactics on Leia, even if she doesn't need it; smoke from R2 on everybody but Ben), and it's not even close to successful.

(I'm too old to go through every permutation.)

Thank you.

Replies

• Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Hey!

For many it worked out to keep Palp, Vader and Thrawn stunned. Means basics of CLS and R2. Furthermore you have to prevent the stormtroopers from taunting. For that you have Bens ability block and in worst case the dispel of CLS.
    Try to stun the guys and get rid of one of the three guys in the back (for me it was Vader). TFP you can absolutely ignore.

This is just one way, there are of course others

GL! :)
  • not scaled i passed on main and alt, but alt seemed easier because i took so long on main to finish it.
  • This one took me a while, it was that Thrawn fella that caused me the most trouble. He wouldn't stay stunned, and fracture was pretty much insta kill on the damage dealers.

Old Ben had to die, but die at the right time in the end.

Don't worry though, the rest are pretty easy, aside from maybe the FO one. That was pretty tricky, BB8 and everything.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    This one took me a while too but I didn't give up and in the process helped a guildmate who had long since given up on it.

As others have said, the key is the 3 named and in particular Thrawn. If the blue meanie gets loose you are Bantha pudu. Next on my list was Vader because of his ability lock and saber throw. Don't worry about the troopers until you have these three taken care of.

Study your toons' abilities carefully. Luke is your primary stunner backed up by Han and one other (R2?). Ben is your ability locker.

The good news is that this is by far the hardest faction event fight so once you clear it the remaining faction fight sequences are easy.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    It was so weird but I completed all of the events on the first try. I don't remember my strategies, but I do remember disabling the most useful characters. Hope this helps at all.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Dont try to burn them down or you will lose. It is a turn meter and stun control exercise. Keep the 3 main guys stunned. Use Luke and Hans turnmeter and buff block abilities to keep the stormtroopers from getting a turn and taunting. Use Leia only for damage on one person at a time. The rest of the people need to focus on control. You can ignore Tie Pilot as he will kill himself with counters.
  • On my main when i first did this i had the same trouble and had to youtube how to do it and i still struggled! After unlocking Thrawn/Palp etc and seeing how they work it was a lot easier when i did it on my smurf and did it second time.

If you can keep Thrawn, Palp and Vader stunned it becomes a hell of a lot easier. This stops them using their big abilities that would cause you a lot of damage and give you a lot of debuffs. Then you need to focus of reducing the turn meter for the storm troopers so they are unable to taunt. By doing this it allows you to do some damage to the big guys. I focused on Palp first, then Thrawn, then Vader then it was easy (im sure you could prioritize differently if you wanted)

Hope this helped and good luck!
  • dmiles
    23 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Dont try to burn them down or you will lose. It is a turn meter and stun control exercise. Keep the 3 main guys stunned. Use Luke and Hans turnmeter and buff block abilities to keep the stormtroopers from getting a turn and taunting. Use Leia only for damage on one person at a time. The rest of the people need to focus on control. You can ignore Tie Pilot as he will kill himself with counters.

this is exactly right. you need to focus on stunning the 3 mains, but stun thrawn first because he 1 shots, then palp and then vader. just make sure you dont use the taunt break until you need it for when the troopers have it. essentially ignore most of what the training showed you and follow the steps. you need to stunlock the other team
  • Its all ****. These is so pointless, just ignore it. They give us garbage characters, if I could use my own **** rebels I'd have this done in 1 min, but no some **** at EA thought this would be entertaining for them....**** them. Just dont do it, the "rewards" are as useless as the exercise.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    It’s all about the stun a little rng and don’t feed Ben to wolves in the beginning. All the above suggestions are good save cls dispell for taunt.
  • I recall having to try a few times, but once I was familiar with their moves, I passed the tier rather quickly.
    Never fought with Rebels beforehand, and I really got the hang of it during that quest, so absolutely worth it.
    For instance, I discovered the dmg output of Leia!
  • I beat it first try, stun Vader first, buff immunity a stormtrooper and kill the other, use r2 to stun Thrawn while killing Vader and kill palp last is what I did