Old Ben for arena

Just got him out of a x8 pack, is he good at 4* for arena? And what sort of teams would he work in?

Replies

• EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Options
    I use him, but I'm not going crazy in arena, my chars are all low 40s, average team power is around 10-12k. But...his damage reduction+ability block can make it very nice for a couple rounds. If you block the other team's Chewie Tank, and have yours taunt, you can go to town. Also nice for going through GW as well.
  • Slayvoff
    139 posts Member
    Options
    i use him end game in top 5. idk how good he is though. he may be too slow
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben works well in a semi-slow arena team. That means you need some toons with enough HP to not go down at once. But I don't think you need a team of four tanks+ Ben. Then the fights tend to drag out too long and Ben's mind trick skill comes and goes, leaving only a basic attacker with low damage and a long cooldown.

Tl;dr - If you manage to find the right pace, Ben is a great toon for Arena.
  • Options
    Is not good for the arena at all. He is way to slow, invest your materials in better characters. However he is very useful and light side battles. His ability block will come in handy when you go against AoE teams.

In the arena he is just to slow. By the time he gets a turn the other team has already used their specials which makes his ability block useless. Without his ability block he is very useless as his damage is very poor. He does have a lot of hit points but since he does little damage this will not have any effect as you progress through the levels.
  • Options
    Leave him at 4*

Basically you want him to get off his special and die giving your team buffs.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    IMO he is a char that is atleast useable in arena at 4* . I have him at 5* gear VII. I will mix him in against certain squads once in awhile. He has some natural survivability because of his high dodge rate. He is best with a Qui lead team because of the speed boost. He can normally only get his "trick" in against slower toons before they get their specials off but the offense down and turn meter reduction is still very useful if your squad can survive the first turn onslaught. If the AI is dumb enough to kill him early (which in my experience it avoids him) then you don't even care because he puts the rest of your squad on steroids.

He doesn't hit hard but he is far from being on a Barris/RG level. If he was a bit faster he would be a really really good tank. Problem is he is not farmable either.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help people, I'll give him a try
  • Options
    @JonnyBoyIV remember, you want him to die as he makes everyone else godly, as long as you boost up his abilities.

At this point, Old Ben is a better low star character than maxed out, because nobody will touch him. If you keep him low starred, he will die to AOE teams and buff your team. However, this sort of tactic really depends on who else you have available.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    I'm in a very similar Situation and would apreciate your help:

My Team consists of:
    Sid 5* (Lead) g6
    Lumi 7* g7
    QGJ 4* (almost 5) g7
    Count dooku 4* g7
    Eeth Koth 5* g7

Im aiming to Farm Yoda and want to Build this Team:
    QGJ (lead)
    Lumi
    Yoda
    Eeth Koth
    Dooku

Basicly a speed and Stun team

Now my question is if i should change in Old ben 4* against sid in my current Team and set QGJ as lead?
    And should i eventually even Change him in against dooku in my "end Game Team"
    And go Full Jedi?

Additionally some thoughts about my Team and my Team I'm aiming for would ne Great! :)

• Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Everytime I try to use him. Or really use any character not 100% meta.. I get knocked from top 5 to 100 overnight.

Players see you aren't doing what's the best and pounce.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    Rg
    Ben
    Fotp
    Kylo
    Lumi

He works very well for me with my current squad he helps take away the damage to RG
  • Options
    Nooooo for arena. Yes for light side battles.