Hitting a wall with Bastila - help me beat Traya!

Current team: 4* zBastila (L), zzGMYoda, zEzra, GK, 5* zHermit Yoda. All are gold-ringed except Basti and Hermi. I get stopped somewhere around 15-20 in the arena. I started playing Nov 2015 - the month the game launched. So it's a pretty competitive shard.

I can take down Emperor Palpatine (L) teams - no problem. Every time.
I can take out mirror matches by swapping Ezra out for my G12 zVentress. All it takes is one round where WE have our buffs and they don't (because Ventress took 'em off) and they're done for.

I. Cannot. Beat. A Traya lead.

For those of you reading this and using Sith, whenever I see someone in the arena running Palpatine lead *but they have Traya in their party* I'm like, BAD MOVE! ...I can crush Palp lead. You should always run Traya lead if you have her. At least against Jedi.

Anyway, the team that's killing me is Traya (L), Sion, Sith Trooper, Palpatine, Thrawn. I spend all my time trying to kill the Trooper, and as soon as I do, I'm blocked by Sion's taunt and have to work on him. By the time he's almost dead, he's got his super-resurrect on and it's pointless. Traya's isolated GK, Thrawn's fractured someone (probably Ezra or GM Yoda, my primary damage dealers) and it's game over.

I don't know if this is a matter of my Bastila and Hermit not being 7-starred and G12? Or if at that level of arena play, their mods are just better than mine? Or if I'm missing something on strategy or team composition...? I've tried replacing GK with zOld Ben (switching tanks), and zEzra with zOld Ben (TWO tanks), and zEzra for zVentress (to dispell taunts, which is pointless, because they come back too quickly) and zEzra for Visas (but she's not zeta'd yet and only G11, so she isn't impressing me much).

Any advice from any of you? And for those of you running Traya lead, feel free to smirk and feel good - that team is a headache and a half!

SamUX

Replies

• Options
    This seems to be the number one question when it comes to Bastila lead. Traya is the problem with it. I'm closely following the Game Changers on all things Bastila, and so far, the best answer to Traya lead (especially with Sith Trooper) seems to be Bastila, Ezra, GMYoda, HYoda, and Darth Nihilus. MobileGamer made a video on it.
    https://youtu.be/PxpDKmYJGt8
    And if you try it and it works, please let me know! There are no Trayas in my shard yet, but I want to be ready!
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    One team doesn’t beat everything it’s Rock Paper Scissors you have to change squad to beat Trayas . There many options rex lead titans and Thrawn lead Magma plus 3 empire is best trayas counters . Beat Trayas get your rank then after just switch back to your Jedi lead . Multiple squads are needed to play this game at a high level you can’t put all our eggs in one basket hope advjce helps
  • Options
    So far, the best answer to Traya lead (especially with Sith Trooper) seems to be Bastila, Ezra, GMYoda, HYoda, and Darth Nihilus.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeah. I never got Darth Nihilus! LOL. Whoopsie. I mean, I HAVE him, but he's like 3-star G6 or something horrific like that.

I'll slowly work him up, but it's gonna be a hot second. Any other bright ideas?

• Options
    I run zFulcrum in Ezra's place, which is also awesome until triumvirate/trooper shows up. The first problem is our debuffs don't stick, thanks to traya, so ability blocking thrawn or sion does nothing. The second problem is trooper is ungodly annoying to deal with. I can beat traya lead without trooper, but that team doesn't exist anymore. Haha.

The only real answer is someone like nihilus or probe droid to one-shot traya as soon as bastila clears trooper's taunt. I'm also curious if traya herself can work as the fifth. I'll unlock her tomorrow, so I'll find out soon enough.

Either way, it's a dang fun team, so I'll take what I can get with it. The sith bandwagon just bores me.
  • Options
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    I run zFulcrum in Ezra's place, which is also awesome...
    Either way, it's a dang fun team, so I'll take what I can get with it. The sith bandwagon just bores me.

Yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeahh, I never got Fulcrum either. I mean, I HAVE her, but she's in the same condition as Nihilus. I've always WANTED her!! I mean, my name is Ahsoka Tano! But she's never been strictly farmable... wherever it is that she occasionally pops up, I use that currency for something else. Zetas, maybe?

But I agree with you: I've only ever wanted to have a badass Jedi team and now I do! All my Jedi are strong now (G11 or higher, everyone except Guardian) and I have tons of fun using all of them in various places in the game!
  • Options
    I run zFulcrum in Ezra's place, which is also awesome until triumvirate/trooper shows up. The first problem is our debuffs don't stick, thanks to traya, so ability blocking thrawn or sion does nothing. The second problem is trooper is ungodly annoying to deal with. I can beat traya lead without trooper, but that team doesn't exist anymore. Haha.

The only real answer is someone like nihilus or probe droid to one-shot traya as soon as bastila clears trooper's taunt. I'm also curious if traya herself can work as the fifth. I'll unlock her tomorrow, so I'll find out soon enough.

thrawn can be ability blocked... he is not a sith
  • Options
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    So far, the best answer to Traya lead (especially with Sith Trooper) seems to be Bastila, Ezra, GMYoda, HYoda, and Darth Nihilus.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeah. I never got Darth Nihilus! LOL. Whoopsie. I mean, I HAVE him, but he's like 3-star G6 or something horrific like that.

I'll slowly work him up, but it's gonna be a hot second. Any other bright ideas?

Ugh, bummer. I mean, I don’t have him either, but I figured if you’d been playing that long, you would.

That’s the only team I remember seeing that could really handle the Traya lead. Bastila, Old Ben, Ezra, Talzin, Nest is a variation I’ve seen, but it still struggles badly against Traya lead.

Sorry. :(

If I come across another, or remember one, you’ll be the first to know.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    I assume you have Thrawn at least? This lineup is a little weird, but I just saw it take down two Traya leads in this video: Bastila, Ezra, GMYoda, Hoda, Thrawn.
    https://youtu.be/F5A-d9wSTKk
    I’ve never tried it, nor have I seen a Game Changer discuss it.

That’s all I could find for you. :(
  • Options
    Nihilus is great against any sith combinations. If you gear him, you can make him work at low stars. Use extra to feed him tm. Ezra and GMY will still be your main damage dealers, but with tm buff from GMY, your Nihilus will get a head start to annihilate. You really just need to keep him alive to increase cooldown, then annihilate Sion. Anything beyond that is bonus. The lower stars will make it a bit harder because of lower health/protection, but if you can keep him protected with foresight and restore health/protection with HY, should be able to make it work. May be able to swap out HY for GK or Old Ben for added protection. Won't hold up well on defense, so you may want to swap it out after last battle, but will make your climb easier.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

In arena Nihilus works just fine at 3* g8. May try him once or twice.
  • Options
    Current team: 4* zBastila (L), zzGMYoda, zEzra, GK, 5* zHermit Yoda. All are gold-ringed except Basti and Hermi. I get stopped somewhere around 15-20 in the arena. I started playing Nov 2015 - the month the game launched. So it's a pretty competitive shard.

I can take down Emperor Palpatine (L) teams - no problem. Every time.
    I can take out mirror matches by swapping Ezra out for my G12 zVentress. All it takes is one round where WE have our buffs and they don't (because Ventress took 'em off) and they're done for.

I. Cannot. Beat. A Traya lead.

For those of you reading this and using Sith, whenever I see someone in the arena running Palpatine lead *but they have Traya in their party* I'm like, BAD MOVE! ...I can crush Palp lead. You should always run Traya lead if you have her. At least against Jedi.

Anyway, the team that's killing me is Traya (L), Sion, Sith Trooper, Palpatine, Thrawn. I spend all my time trying to kill the Trooper, and as soon as I do, I'm blocked by Sion's taunt and have to work on him. By the time he's almost dead, he's got his super-resurrect on and it's pointless. Traya's isolated GK, Thrawn's fractured someone (probably Ezra or GM Yoda, my primary damage dealers) and it's game over.

I don't know if this is a matter of my Bastila and Hermit not being 7-starred and G12? Or if at that level of arena play, their mods are just better than mine? Or if I'm missing something on strategy or team composition...? I've tried replacing GK with zOld Ben (switching tanks), and zEzra with zOld Ben (TWO tanks), and zEzra for zVentress (to dispell taunts, which is pointless, because they come back too quickly) and zEzra for Visas (but she's not zeta'd yet and only G11, so she isn't impressing me much).

Any advice from any of you? And for those of you running Traya lead, feel free to smirk and feel good - that team is a headache and a half!

SamUX

You just have to use something that works. Adding Thrawn is always smart... To almost any line up. Nihilus, as well. I don't understand how you don't have them both fully maxed if you've been playing that long. I get you are light side and all... But they are so darn fun to use. As for adding someone else... Check your mods. Speed kills, but it is not always the only answer. A good combo of attributes can often make the difference. I don't run then against Traya lead... It is detrimental to their health!
  • SamuraiUX
    265 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    My Thrawn is geared up nicely! So is my Palpatine! So is my Vader! Etc. I'm not completely averse to dark side, I just (if we're being honest here) get overwhelmed with all the new characters I don't care about and choose to focus on what's fun for me rather than what's meta. Nest is another good example. I didn't love the Young Solo movie and I don't care about Enfys Nest, like, at all, so I'm not bothering with any of them. I know, I know: I've had this conversation a million times. LOL. It's to my own detriment at times. But look at it this way: I spent forever getting all my Jedi to G11 or G12 long, long ago (and I also did NS long before they were popular) because it seemed fun. And now I'm doing okay! So my idiosycratic way of playing comes in handy sometimes as well. Anyway, long story short, I'll try Thrawn, and I'll slowly gear up Nihilus b/c even though I have no idea who he is, canonically, I've seen him used enough now that he looks fun to have. And for me, it's all about the fun, baby. LOL.

Just for reference, here's my collection: https://swgoh.gg/u/ahsokatano/collection/

Thanks for the advice, guys! It kills me to have to put non-Jedi (especially dark side!) on my all-Jedi team coz I'm a nerd like that, but I'll get over it somehow. I'm so close to top 10 I can taste it!! Worth the effort.

SamUX
  • Options
    i geared up ezra to use with jedi but after i try him at g12 i was very disappointed, wampa is much better. My comp i bastila gmy trhawn nihilus and wampa, i can beat all traya comp...with sith trooper sometimes i can lose some battle, with bad rng and very fast sion, but usually i win.
  • Vendea
    39 posts Member
    Options
    I run zFulcrum in Ezra's place, which is also awesome...

Yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeahh, I never got Fulcrum either. I mean, I HAVE her, but she's in the same condition as Nihilus. I've always WANTED her!! I mean, my name is Ahsoka Tano! But she's never been strictly farmable... wherever it is that she occasionally pops up, I use that currency for something else. Zetas, maybe?

But I agree with you: I've only ever wanted to have a badass Jedi team and now I do! All my Jedi are strong now (G11 or higher, everyone except Guardian) and I have tons of fun using all of them in various places in the game!

I farmed Fulcrum out of the fleet store, supplemented with a few shards that I bought for crystals. She was a surprisingly painless farm. Maybe because I was just farming her in the background and not paying attention but it felt like she got to 7* pretty quickly.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Traya lead punishes a lot of lightside comps. Since I'm running a lightside team (stopped trying to be competitive in arena) I'm with you in that the Palp lead teams with Traya are much easier. But I think they do that because they're mostly facing other dark side teams, and a lot of Traya's kit doesn't do as much to hinder them, so Palp's tm gain works much better.

With that in mind, you will just have to switch your team up a bit. When you gain a buff (lots of those on Bastila team) you are losing offense, and when you assist, you take damage.

Trooper can be really annoying. You have to not only cleanse him, but put on buff immunity. CLS comes to mind. But then you have to keep his tm down so he isn't cleansed by Traya right away, and then there's their Thrawn. So having your own Thrawn to fracture trooper seems like a safer bet.
  • Options
    I'm running Bastilla4*G11, zGMY, GK,DN, and zThrawn and I have beaten that team before but its a pain I will say thrawn helps but I will be swapping him for Hoda after this TB is over
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    I use zOB and GK. Need the zeta or DN/Sion will dispell too quickly. Use mind tricks opening turn to slow them down while you burn down ST. Then focus on traya so they can't cleanse. Then GMY's turn meter reduction and Bastila's ability block on basic let you control the others.
  • Options
    The new Jedi teams look fun to play. I noticed many popping up in arena. After I read the rework of Yoda I quickly got rid of Palpatene. He is kinda useless against the new Jedi teams.

For arena I’m running Traya(L),Thrawn,Sion,Nihilus and instead of Sith Trooper I’m using KRU. It’s a fun team and hold defense decent.

OP try different Jedi combinations or switch out one Jedi for a different toon see if that helps.
  • Options

Don't worry about that, it is not a reliable counter anyway. I have 6* g11 sp217 Nihilus and have not been successful at all. And it looked so easy in the video! Yeah well, not every match looks like that video.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    I've been running into the same problems, but am doing what others say, and doing it quite successfully. Swap Nihlus in for GK, then hope the other team doesn't target Nihlus. I win almost every time. Gotta switch my +126 speed set onto him, then use Ezra to speed him up. And make sure he annihilates Sion, while everyone else whittles SiTrooper down. Which shouldn't be a problem, cuz with your Nihlus using force drain, he should always have pain on him.
  • Options
    Traya counters Bastilla...I'm sure you could find a team that'd beat her on offense, but on defense...never.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    Traya counters Bastilla...I'm sure you could find a team that'd beat her on offense, but on defense...never.

Haha, I don't think anyone is trying to find anything that has a chance at winning on defense at this point. Traya is just too good. Anyone with her on offense can just auto win every battle against teams that don't have her I'd imagine.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    no team holds on defense. I’m on a 2015 shard with the top 10 all sporting the traya, sith trooper combo and here’s a little video of my team against these types of teams. 100% win rate on offense.
    https://youtu.be/mmcjzuLpzh0
  • Options
    Wow, @JasFonz, thank you. That was really inspiring. I am literally one character off from being able to do that. I'm definitely focusing on my Nihilus now. =)
  • Options
    I run zbastila, zyoda, zezra, zob and DN. Win 90 percent of the time. Ob taunt helps a lot. DN helps remove taunt
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Bastila is uselles after Last update, loose most of time. I give UP and use Palptine/Traya again. Before Last upgrade was easy win against Traya teams, now you loose most of time even with top molds, all old equipments XII and GMY and Bastila with one New equipment xii
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Caljr wrote: »
    Bastila is uselles after Last update, loose most of time. I give UP and use Palptine/Traya again. Before Last upgrade was easy win against Traya teams, now you loose most of time even with top molds, all old equipments XII and GMY and Bastila with one New equipment xii

I remarked the same thing. You now get more debuffs and Pain is inflicted easily. It seems Bastila is kind of broken again.
  • Options
    I run bastila lead, gmy, Ezra, GK and thrawn and beat traya leads pretty constantly. Kill order is traya, ep/nihilus, sion, thrawn, ST last. Use your thrawn to fracture Sion and get traya quick before ST traps you. All downhill from there. Group hug from kenobi and call gmy to assist ezra on traya and she should be dead or close to it.