Player lock (arena cooldown, somebody else is already battling you)

I don't know if this issue has been addressed before - or please direct me to the relevant discussion.

Ever had problems climbing because "Somebody else is already battling you" and just wait and wait with no game play? And messes with you honest chance to climb?
Reason: There is no incentive not to lock your opponent until the 4:50 mark before defeating them, avoiding anyone else to take a turn at you in that time. I do it too!
Well, here are some ideas/suggestions to avoid this stale part of the game (they can be combined):

1. 5 minute cooldown starts when you finish a battle (not 10 minutes from entering of battle).
That way it motivates to finish the kill, and both parties can move on.
It also shortens the passive time spend - ideally you what start 45 minutes before payout to keep the 5 attempts tight. This way it could be some 10-15 minutes shorter - with same active playing time.

2. Chess clock: A player most take a turn every 10 seconds at least. After 3 x times exceeding 10 seconds or 1 time exceeding 20 seconds, the player is defeated by default.

Do you have any ideas? I do you think the current setup is just dandy?

Replies

• Options
    I hope they will remove the payout time, thats too much passive time loosing.
  • Options
    five2zero wrote: »
    I hope they will remove the payout time, thats too much passive time loosing.

So that you will get automatically rewarded once every day after 5th attempt or maybe choose "payout" (if you only have time for e.g. 1 attempt or none at all)?
  • Options
    I want to fight when i have time and not when CG think now you can...
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Then go fight in a TW. You’ll have plenty of teams to fight against in a 24 hour window and no timer in between fights.

Oh wait you wanted Arena rewards? Then you’d better fight at the stipulated time.
  • Options

Yes - I think we all do :smile: You can actually fight anytime of the day - the problem is, that it will not be the best strategy for best payout.

But how will we suggest the changes to the dev. to accomplish this?
    That is what this forum is about IMO.

Upon your post I suggested that the payout is individual - either by selection "go to payout now" and/or automatically payout after 5th attempt.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Then go fight in a TW. You’ll have plenty of teams to fight against in a 24 hour window and no timer in between fights.

Oh wait you wanted Arena rewards? Then you’d better fight at the stipulated time.

You're absolutely right. Oh wait, it doesn't really contribute to solutions, does it? :wink:
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Doesn’t matter since you admit that I’m right. :)

And besides, when was the last time any suggestion from the peanut gallery was implemented in game? The earlier you realise the futility of suggesting “solutions” the happier you’ll be.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Doesn’t matter since you admit that I’m right. :)

And besides, when was the last time any suggestion from the peanut gallery was implemented in game? The earlier you realise the futility of suggesting “solutions” the happier you’ll be.

What can I say - you're ABSOLUTELY right :lol: would be easier to bless the happiness of ignorance. I'm just not in that place in my life right now >:)
    The devs. fixed the Critolyte with nerfing Acolyte with reference to suggestions - I never saw that solution in any comment/discussions :neutral:
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Nobody prevents you from doing so. Fight whenever you like.