Who next, Scoundrels or First Order?

So I've finally got all my Phoenix up to 7*, the only toon i can currently farm on my empire side is TFP which i am doing, where should i focus the rest of my farming, eg GW store/Arena store?

I know Scoundrels are good for heists etc and i have Boba up at 7* and have recently unlocked Lando at 4*.First Order i know do very well in the pit raid and are used for BB8. I have Phasma at 5* but everybody else is sitting on 2*.

Which would be the best option for me to focus on next?

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    BB8 is really must-have.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    +1 for Scoundrels
    Credits.. credits.. credits..
  • Options
    This may be the wrong place to ask this, but I need help and can't create discussion at the moment. I have been struggling with first order teams in arena. I run a nihilus lead, and one thing has been driving me nuts. I hit kylo ren (masked) with force drain, I see the cool down increase and everything. And they his very next move he does "lash out"? Of course this ignites a tm chain, and the whole team starts goin off taking turns 3:1 against my entire squad, even though I'm way faster. But my main issue is that I'm increasing his cooldowns and everytime he'll just use his special like nothing happened. Can anyone explain?
  • Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    This may be the wrong place to ask this, but I need help and can't create discussion at the moment. I have been struggling with first order teams in arena. I run a nihilus lead, and one thing has been driving me nuts. I hit kylo ren (masked) with force drain, I see the cool down increase and everything. And they his very next move he does "lash out"? Of course this ignites a tm chain, and the whole team starts goin off taking turns 3:1 against my entire squad, even though I'm way faster. But my main issue is that I'm increasing his cooldowns and everytime he'll just use his special like nothing happened. Can anyone explain?
    I’ve had my Nihilus use force drain on an enemy nightmare team, and enemy Nihilus uses his force drain on his next turn, which shouldn’t happen. I think what’s going on is that they dodge the attack, but it’s hard to tell when you do a low damage AoE. If they dodge, then their cooldowns aren’t increased.
  • Options
    @Ninjah9 you are looking for Kylo’s Unstoppable ability. every time he takes damage there is a 50% chance of resetting his cooldowns. This includes the possible Damage Over Time he is giving himself from Omega Unstoppable, since the DOT hits himself at the start of his turn
  • Options
    To the hijacker: OG Kylo's beastly unique strikes again. Damages himself to reset his own cooldowns.

To the OP: First Order are a tricky early farm because three of the better characters are all Cantina farms. However; KRU is on the same node as his ship so he's the primary focus as he's also the best leader.

KRU
    KR
    FOO
    Phasma
    FOST or FOTP depending on how fast you want to farm to unlock BB8.
    FOE to replace Phasma eventually.

They can solo the Rancor and can solo entire phases of the AAT and HAAT.
  • Options
    @TheJEFFtm: I did not consider that, the dot is triggering his reset. I use Vader so hes getting stacks of dot each one that hurts him gives him a 50% reset chance. Wow that's crazy! Thank you for clarifying that. So this team is called the nightmare team?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    So I've finally got all my Phoenix up to 7*, the only toon i can currently farm on my empire side is TFP which i am doing, where should i focus the rest of my farming, eg GW store/Arena store?

I know Scoundrels are good for heists etc and i have Boba up at 7* and have recently unlocked Lando at 4*.First Order i know do very well in the pit raid and are used for BB8. I have Phasma at 5* but everybody else is sitting on 2*.

Which would be the best option for me to focus on next?

I would go FO all the way. I’ve had mine 7* and set to go for ages, and it really helps in raids. If you can contribute well to raids, you get into better guilds and achieve better rewards. And BB-8 is a must have, especially if you want RJT.

On Scoundrels, they are secondary to me. They keep adding more, allowing you to build them a little bit. I’m also F2P, and I have a 3* gear 8 Solo Scoundrel team (L-Qi’ra, Young Solo, Vandor Chewie, L3, and Enfys), and they easily 3* both heists last tier. If you did the marquees, that team is already set for you. Arena viable - No. But FO is better for arena anyway in my opinion.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Nightmare is typically Palpatine, Vader, Nihilus, Sion and one of Thrawn/Traya/Tarkin/Sith Trooper depending on who they've farmed/how long they've played. Can run variations of who the leader is etc.

What we're referring to is Kylo Ren and his Unstoppable unique that gives him a 50% cooldown reset chance whenever he's damaged. Not a reduction; just a straight reset of both his specials so they're ready next turn. Once it's omega'd, whenever he uses a special, he gives himself a DoT so that he takes damage at the start of his next turn even if he wasn't targeted by an attack in between.
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    Options
    Scoundrels is just for Credits Event. FO is much more important than them. Actually, z Raid Han with G12 can clear the last credit event tier by himself. FO can be very useful at TW DSTB haat hRancor. + BB-8 is the unit you must have. It’s really really nice character and when you try to get JTR hero’s Journey, BB-8 is one of it’s requirements.
  • Options
    komji15 wrote: »
    Scoundrels is just for Credits Event. FO is much more important than them.
    At high level, sure but if he's finally 7*ing Phoenix and farming TFP, he's still a long way from that and his biggest constraint right now is probably credits.

I'm mid 70s and cannot get enough credits. I have a big backlog of pending upgrades, all waiting for credits.
  • Options
    Scoundrels and bounty hunters are getting pretty competitive tho too
  • Options
    You need to be able to reliably clear the Credit Heist or you will quickly run into a roster wall as far as leveling and modding toons goes. The final tier of that event is challenging for an early player, requiring minimum G7, realistically G8 if you want to 3* it so you can sim it (highly recommended). The easiest way to do this from a farming perspective for me was Boba (you already have), Lando (Cantina), Stormtrooper Han (Squad), Cad Bane (GW - hear me out), and OG Chewie, since you probably already have reasonably close.

Stormtrooper Han you need for CLS and is useful for LS TB (and actually acts as the basis for the next team that will overcome Phoenix in arena, the STH sink). Cad Bane is the only scoundrel GW farm, which also happens to be the easiest place to farm characters and his stun is useful for handling the speed of the CUPs on the final tier of the credit heist (they're fast, and they stun - it's annoying). The fifth isn't all that important, but there isn't really a quality toon outside of maybe Young Han Solo from the dedicated Guild Shipment that would be useful.

Phoenix gives you Palpatine. You'll want to get four remaining Empire up for R2, then you can start on CLS or Rey requirements. I would personally go CLS as his requirements are a ton easier and he's more useful by himself than Rey (and gets you top rankings in the Pit raid, which gets you past the G8 Droid Caller / Furnace wall).

The next team you're going to start seeing more of in arena is a Scoundrel team that's built around STH, Boba, and Lando. Boba is naturally fast and will open with his AoE ability block, STH will get up his taunt, and Lando will run his AoE, forcing all the Phoenix counters into STH, which will increase everyone's TM. Lando's special cools down if he gets 2 or more crits if I recall, and the loop just continues. After that, you'll start to see Palp teams.
  • Options
    I would try to work on a scoundrel team without impeding a first Order farm. Buy scoundrels from the various shops and farm FO’s cantina and hard nodes.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah have to have scoundrel team but I assumed you did.

Vandor Chewbacca is now farmable on a 12 energy node and he should be high priority. He is amazing. Once you can clear thr credit heists go for BB8.