A question of speed

Snowlock2017
392 posts Member
edited August 2018
Trying to understand something about speed rating... My Thrawn is 256 speed. When he fights JTR teams, he usually goes third. BB8 is first. JTR is 2nd. And then R2 is Third. But JTR's speed is 238 and R2's is 246. Even if JTR is giving R2 turn meter through her leadership or from Mind Trick, shouldn't Thrawn still be going before them?

I thought maybe it'd be BB8 on the JTR team that was doing this. But his speed is the same as thrawn's, 256. Who goes first in a tie? And then his unique, Self Preservation will give R2 8% turn meter, but is that enough to get him in front of 256 speed Thrawn?

Replies

• lladdir
    146 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    BB8’s unique gives all droid allies 8% turn meter per droid ally including himself, so BB8 is going first since he starts with a bonus 16% turn meter, JTR’s unique gives her 8% turn meter when an resistance ally gains secret intel so she gets 8% or 16% from BB8’s turn so she goes next, then R2 goes next since he gained the 16% turn meter at the start.
  • Options
    lladdir wrote: »
    BB8’s unique gives all droid allies 8% turn meter per droid ally including himself, so BB8 is going first since he starts with a bonus 16% turn meter, JTR’s unique gives her 8% turn meter when an resistance ally gains secret intel so she gets 8% or 16% from BB8’s turn so she goes next, then R2 goes next since he gained the 16% turn meter at the start.

@Snowlock2017 @lladdir Bam! Science. lol. I run JTR BB8 r2 CLS and Thrawn. They're awesome. Rank anywhere from top 100-150 at payout. :smiley:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

@Snowlock2017 @lladdir Bam! Science. lol. I run JTR BB8 r2 CLS and Thrawn. They're awesome. Rank anywhere from top 100-150 at payout. :smiley:

I think it's math
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Options
    Calastar wrote: »

I think it's math

@Calastar I know it's math. I was just trying to be funny is all. lol ;)
  • Options
    But if 2 teams are absolutely identical in terms of everything, who goes first?
  • Options
    Maslyna882 wrote: »
    But if 2 teams are absolutely identical in terms of everything, who goes first?

It's a coin flip.
  • Options

I think it's math

You weren't. When someone is asking a serious question, you don't need to try and say here I am. Maybe there is someone in your real life that can accomplish that kind of validation for you. Like your detention officer or your social worker.

Also the people around you who are in real life. Like your family and friends.
  • Options

I think it's math

You weren't. When someone is asking a serious question, you don't need to try and say here I am. Maybe there is someone in your real life that can accomplish that kind of validation for you. Like your detention officer or your social worker.

I think it's math

@Snowlock2017 @Calastar Wow. Ya know. I'm really truly sorry. I didn't realize how serious you were about the topic. I think that in the grand scheme of things it wasn't a super serious matter anyway imo at least. I thought it was just a simple question. But from the sounds of it you both take life way too seriously. I don't feel like I deserved some of the comments that were made. We don't know each other. This game is for fun. And that's what I'm here to do. That's all. So I'll overlook both your comments as this might be a misunderstanding anyway. I'll give both of you the benefit of the doubt since i know text is very hard to read.

I was actually impressed at the stats that you had provided of your toons and the gameplay of it as well. I found it interesting. And while I didn't have the answer to your question and still don't, I thought I'd comment on this thread given the fact that i run a similar arena team. That's all. So no hard feelings here guys okay? Joe
  • Options

I think it's math

I think it's math

@Snowlock2017 @Calastar Wow. Ya know. I'm really truly sorry. I didn't realize how serious you were about the topic. I think that in the grand scheme of things it wasn't a super serious matter anyway imo at least. I thought it was just a simple question. But from the sounds of it you both take life way too seriously. I don't feel like I deserved some of the comments that were made. We don't know each other. This game is for fun. And that's what I'm here to do. That's all. So I'll overlook both your comments as this might be a misunderstanding anyway. I'll give both of you the benefit of the doubt since i know text is very hard to read.

I was actually impressed at the stats that you had provided of your toons and the gameplay of it as well. I found it interesting. And while I didn't have the answer to your question and still don't, I thought I'd comment on this thread given the fact that i run a similar arena team. That's all. So no hard feelings here guys okay? Joe

I'm sorry I was just trying to make the post less about detention officers or social workers and more about the people you love and spend time with. No hard feelings I am just not very good at talking to people and with my math post I was just a bit confused. I feel like many people just type without thinking including me and I am truly sorry if it sounded like I was really serious about this.

I just try to insert myself into places to feel like people care about what I have to say or to make something sound funny. I do try to help people as much as I can and I love sharing my ideas to see if the devs even have a chance of seeing my ideas and considering them. Even just random ideas that I think are cool. I wish that this wasn't just in text and there was actually meaning but oh well. Now I'm just rambling. Since you already answered the question asked this thread has no actual use now.
  • Options
    Serious stuff here man. Remember..this is real life to many and not a game.

Just ask Luke what happened to him when he annoyed people thinking star wars is real life. They made him and his metal hand disappear.
  • Options

I think it's math

jr4oqfygp9io.jpg