The Mod Changes Megathread

18910111214Next

Replies

• Can anyone explain the Loadouts to me? I keep reaching inventory cap trying to farm with the new mod energy. I thought making Loadouts
    for Assajj would let me switch her mods in two steps, but it didn’t work that way. In other words, trial and experimentation is not working, and I don’t see this explained anywhere, not even videos. The basic is useful on non arena squad toons, but nearly always drops speed by a LOT.
    When are Loadouts most useful, how do I remove a good set on a toon to a load out and replace it with another load out that is better? It would save a lot of time to put that good set on a newer toon that needs mods.
    ? Help!
  • I still don't even get where you can splice mods. Maybe it's because I only have level four mods for my characters. Can anyone help me out?
  • Cavalcade wrote: »
    I still don't even get where you can splice mods. Maybe it's because I only have level four mods for my characters. Can anyone help me out?

@Cavalcade Yeah, you need 5 dot mods in order to splice them.

• And of top that, they have to be level 15 to splice as well
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Defence - Jedi
    Critical Damage - Jawas
    Critical Chance - Scoundrels
    Offense - First Order
    Tenacity - Rebels
    Potency - Empire
    Speed - Resistance

Bless you, good sir (or ma'am).
  • Viner
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Anyone know when the mod update is going to be fixed as so far remodding has worked for me but every day it suggests new mods to re-mod my toons with using unlevelled mods.... I can have a blue or purple mod on a toon at level 15 then the next day it'll suggest a mod that's level 1 and grey??

Edited for langauge. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Is there any future plan to allow further (more specific) mod slicing? What I mean is that currently, when you slice a mod, it is a 1-step random upgrade. Would there ever be a chance to slice a mod to re-roll a primary or secondary? So many great mods out there aren't used just because there is no way get speed on them. I can say for myself, I would happily grind away for mod salvage if I knew there was an opportunity to reprogram a mod into what I want it to be.
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Edit
  • Dang CG.. don't get too generous with the mk2 pulse modulators.. might make it so we can slice 3 or 4 mods a year 😂
  • Im having a huge problem getting any kind of speed secondaries on the mods coming out of challenges. The most I have gotten is +5 and that it has only been on just a few mods. Trying to remod my toons one group at a time but the amount of blue, green, or purple dropping has lessened it seems along with speed secondaries.

Im just wondering if anybody has ran across this issue as well. It is getting frustrating. Because I keep having to let go of mods that might potentially have a speed on it (grey) mods but I dont have a choice and its getting frustrating. It seems they are trying to turn the focus away from speed subtlety and the using the mod loadout suggest crazy stuff like replacing a gold 15 with a grey 1which makes no sense unless it knows what the stats will be before we upgrade it.

I would just like some clarification and to see if anybody has run across any lack of any meaningful speed secondaries
  • I've probably collected at least 2,000-2,500 mods over the last 6-7 months since I could start farming them. The best secondary I could manage was +21 and that was only since slicing.

It's all RNG or having the resources to purchase mods in the store that already show +speed secondaries and are blue-purple-gold.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Edit: Crazy is right. My post was wrong. Leaving below because now, finally, it is right.

100% sure this is accurate.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    Are you sure it wasn't 10 speed before, and you saw the 14 Defense and thought it was speed?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't 10 speed before, and you saw the 14 Defense and thought it was speed?

Bah you are right. I had swapped mods for Chewie event and had not changed the old one back. Thanks. So much for 100%. ;) will delete post.
  • I must admit that mods 2.0 are better, but two things would make them even better.
    Ifa ia have saved loadout, i want option to set them visible or not, locking osnt enough.
    Second is number cap....it need to be higher..
  • This game has gone from leisure time killer to WTH is going on. Do 6E mods allow a slow Emperor Palpatine to go first against GMY and Raid Han? If it was a human player on the other end I’d scream foul and report them. So obviously the server needs reset.

u6wknnu8095f.png
    w9xkyeaxiteb.png
    nvecu66wgaxf.png

No way that EP goes first under any structure.
  • Wish there was a revert button. Not so.much for one character. However for HSR I move all.my mods around. It would be great if I could reset all my mods back to a point prior to the HSR.
  • 1. Would love if filters could be more granular. For example if I filter to view mods with speed secondaries, it would be great if I could say filter to see ONLY mods with speed secondaries above 10 speed.

2. Would also be really handy if the last applied filter would be remembered and left on.... (or you were given that option).

3. Also wish slicing requirements were either halved or drops doubled at least for say white, green, blue mods.... Purple to yellow and yellow to t6 seem reasonable from a progression standpoint.
  • All I know is that since this update the quality of mods acquired is way lower. Everything is junk and when I get something promising it slices for crap.
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    As the servers are as flaky like puff pastry, I will weigh in on mods 2.0.

Now as far as the videos advertising 2.0 went I thought the idea that "speed is king" was out of the window. But I think we all know that speed is now even more king, and that RNG is the queen when it comes to speed secondaries increasing when you upgrade.

If the idea was meant to remove the disproportionality on speed secondaries (primary for arrows) from being arena king Mods 2.0 is a complete failure.
  • Are you surprised? Did you really think CG would devalue the god mods the whales and krakens invested in. Of course not. Its just like they said they beefed up defense but from what I can tell it is as weak as it used to be. I modded KR like it suggested with defense mods that had almost exactly the same secondaries as the mod set crouching rancor suggested. Now he dies faster then before I put the defense mods on.

Most of the mod websites haven't even changed the recommended mods for ranks and what not because the defense mods are still junk. I'm agitated I wasted the time to farm defense mods because they are worthless even with the supposed "boost" given to them. I would just sell the lot of them but im just going to use them on the tanks I have at the bottom.

You know their recommended mod is broken when it has you replace a lvl15 gold mod with a lvl1 grey mod. Im just going to keep using the alternative mod sites since they have a better grasp of the game thenn CG
    Obviously.

Every new 2.0 feature from ships to mods and everything in between has been an unmitigated disaster I and their answer is to keep pushing new toons out to keep us distracted.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It's very funny to see how they totally ruined the awesome mods shop they came up with after this update anyway. Now you barely find something good apart from a speed arrow here and there and if you find it, it costs millions and its speed doesn't go up. And btw I also feel some sort of drop in the likelihood of speed secondary growing when levelling mods which have it by default.

Is it truly necessary to sell even this part of the game? I mean, don't you already grab enough cash with toons and crystals?
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @Warp3dM1nd

You know the recommended mod is going off of several factors: A - the recommended mod class, B - the recommended primary stat, and C - the recommended secondaries, right?

So if your gold mod doesn't hit all three of those it recommends a different one, or it suggests what to find to replace it with that does match A, B, & C.

I modded my KRU with six defence mods and +99 speed. Defense on the cross for the extra boost. Haven't event taken them to 6-dot and I definitely notice he's considerably more durable. Against Jedi teams (all but Yoda + Ezra) they more or less just heal him every time they hit him.
    @Warp3dM1nd

You know the recommended mod is going off of several factors: A - the recommended mod class, B - the recommended primary stat, and C - the recommended secondaries, right?

So if your gold mod doesn't hit all three of those it recommends a different one, or it suggests what to find to replace it with that does match A, B, & C.

I modded my KRU with six defence mods and +99 speed. Defense on the cross for the extra boost. Haven't event taken them to 6-dot and I definitely notice he's considerably more durable. Against Jedi teams (all but Yoda + Ezra) they more or less just heal him every time they hit him.

Thank you. I was considering taking off the crit Chance and health mods for Def. This helped me make up my mind that it’s wirth trying.
    @Warp3dM1nd

It doesn't matter in no shape or form is a level 1 5 dot GREY mod better as it stands then level 15 5 dot GOLD mod with speed secondary of 14 on it. There is no way you can honestly defend that decision because it is plain nuts.

The mod advisor is either

A. Completely stupid - my personally theory since CG has proven time and again they don't EVEN KNOW their own game mechanics.

B. Some how the mod advisor knows what the secondaries will be and who good they will by the time you slice to gold. That isn't possible if its all RNG like they state.

C. There has been a huge decrease in green, blue, purple, and gold mods coming out of the challenges. Also it seems when you do get those color they are 3 or 4 dot mods every single one of the 5 dot mods I have that are not grey are from before mods 2.0

D. They purposefully reduced the probabilities of getting any color mod outside of grey and 5 dot by a huge margin. It is nothing compared to when the challenges were gated. So instead of saving money like they said we would we end up spending more modding greys up to 9 to see the secondaries.

Mods 2.0 was another smoke and mirror trick by CG with the end game monetizing mods which was a huge success. The flip side if debacle after debacle has really started waking community more then ever before. They are starting to get tired of monetization push that CG is pushing and not even being subtle about it. Even the game changers are saying it.

Tl, DR CG are failures once again and mods 2.0 has no clue what it is actually doing. If you listen to it your are team will die everytime to a team with higher speed and correct mods.
  • I hate mods.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Please tell me the secret to getting +30 secondary stats to speed on every mod. I really want to know how it is achieved. I am getting super frustrated seeing my Arena Team face a player who has six mods each with +25 or greater speed on every team member. There is no way someone got that lucky and drew a speed bump every single time for every mod slot for all 5 arena characters.

I have 6E mods on my GMY and am lucky to have 282 speed when I see a Hoda basically alone with GMY and they get a turn every single time a make a move, there’s an issue. We’be all been reporting the hacks. You still do nothing to protect Your player base.
  • Please tell me the secret to getting +30 secondary stats to speed on every mod. I really want to know how it is achieved. I am getting super frustrated seeing my Arena Team face a player who has six mods each with +25 or greater speed on every team member. There is no way someone got that lucky and drew a speed bump every single time for every mod slot for all 5 arena characters.

I have 6E mods on my GMY and am lucky to have 282 speed when I see a Hoda basically alone with GMY and they get a turn every single time a make a move, there’s an issue. We’be all been reporting the hacks. You still do nothing to protect Your player base.

It’s called farming mods , not hacks