Question about required characters for TB missions

HokieFiend
445 posts Member
edited August 2018
I noticed that recently there was a change where you can use characters you’ve already deployed in a mission that requires that character.

Does this also mean I could use a required character in another mission that doesn’t require that character and then still be able to use that character in the mission that requires it? For example the LS TB phase 5 middle section mission that requires CLS. Could I use CLS in the bottom section mission and still be able to use him in the middle section mission that requires him?

Due to the change where you can still use required deployed characters I’m tempted to try it but don’t want to find out you can’t do it so thought I’d ask you all here.

Replies

• Options
    That's a bug.
  • Options
    Deployed chars have always been able to be used in the map they were deployed to, that’s noth8ng new.

If you use cls on the bottom map, he will not be available to do a combat reg or special in the mid map.
  • Options
    Sorry to doubt you OP, but pics or it didn't happen
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Deployed chars have always been able to be used in the map they were deployed to, that’s noth8ng new.

If you use cls on the bottom map, he will not be available to do a combat reg or special in the mid map.

This.

Deploy to a zone then use in a mission in that zone. Always been that way and totally works and WAI.

Use a unit in a mission and they cannot be used in any other mission.

Deploy a unit to a different zone then the mission you want to use them in and you will not be able to use them in a different zone.
  • Voltarc
    103 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Not only can you still use it in the area you deploy to the reverse is true: if you use it in an area you get deployment points from it in that area! So if you need a lot of points to get a star for an area, and can’t get any other advantage like 2 complete platoons you might need to ONLY use it or deploy it to the area that needs the star to get the maximum deployment points for the area. I literally tell my guild not to even try missions in areas we can’t get another star or some sort of benefit such as a platoon bonus or a guild reward from...instead focus on the other area were a star is in range.