If we got to choose gear

What if we were able to choose gear? How do you think it would turn out?

I think it could make all synergies more viable. And having two spectrums if you chose atk you lose speed. You choose health you lose tenacity. Then there would be use for special damage and resistance. Having a special damage characters as well as physical. Maybe it's too complicated for them but I think it's possible. The game would be more complex and feel less linear. I just feel like some gear you put on does nothing for the character eg.special damages. Then you put each type of gear into a category for teirs so you don't run into the problem of a gear teir 9 geo soilder being op. So everyone would be in same tiers just gear choices would be different. Does anyone else feel me here?

Replies

• Options
    That is interesting I must say.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Sarasith wrote: »

I think it could make all synergies more viable. And having two spectrums if you chose atk you lose speed. You choose health you lose tenacity. Then there would be use for special damage and resistance. Having a special damage characters as well as physical. Maybe it's too complicated for them but I think it's possible. The game would be more complex and feel less linear. I just feel like some gear you put on does nothing for the character eg.special damages. Then you put each type of gear into a category for teirs so you don't run into the problem of a gear teir 9 geo soilder being op. So everyone would be in same tiers just gear choices would be different. Does anyone else feel me here?

No because then even more random filler characters like geo soldier would be good lol
  • CollinF
    203 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah but it seems way too complicated and idk if I would like different versions of each character.
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »

No because then even more random filler characters like geo soldier would be good lol

LOL Come on GS was epic in the grand scheme of things. I mean he did...... And he also was responsible for....... And don't forget that pivitol thing he did.........
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    I get you. But basically the balance of the game would be in our hands and what would happen if lets say you picked HP for GS but somebody else picked damage and another picked tenacity but the person who picked damage has a mich more effective GS would the other 2 be abel to change there gear? If not your screwed and only those who luckily picked right would be dominant
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Options
    Lol ever character would have no hp 200 speed and 6k non crits
  • Arora50
    80 posts Member
    Options
    load poe with 8 gear levels worth of lvl6 thermal detonators. 22k hp 388 speed 192% tenacity
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    I get you. But basically the balance of the game would be in our hands and what would happen if lets say you picked HP for GS but somebody else picked damage and another picked tenacity but the person who picked damage has a mich more effective GS would the other 2 be abel to change there gear? If not your screwed and only those who luckily picked right would be dominant

Initially would be wild but things would balance itself. Also make the gear changeable so you don't get screwed over.
    Eaywen wrote: »
    Lol ever character would have no hp 200 speed and 6k non crits

Well like I said you would choose speed or atk. So you would have 300 speed and do 500 damage.
    Arora50 wrote: »
    load poe with 8 gear levels worth of lvl6 thermal detonators. 22k hp 388 speed 192% tenacity

Haha each tier would have certain gear. So tier 1 would give 1 atk where tier 10 would give 50 atk or something
    Abyss wrote: »

Or everyone would choose all their favourite characters