7* General Grievous and Red Guard Spoiler Alert

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Song wrote: »
    @Naecabon hey just wondering is that your 7* GG/RG? lol
    Considering how they share the same username, there might be the ever slightest possibility that it COULD be him. I mean, who can really tell?
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Paule
    39 posts Member
    Options
    I got Grevious to 7 stars today. I wouldn't contemplate putting him in arena. I'm on a pretty new server and usually finish in top 3. Have to agree with what everyone else says, the AI is terrible. I have been playing Grevious since I first activated him at 4 stars. He is fun to play in regular battles as well as GW.

I wouldn't be too excited about beating him and RG in Arena. I'm guessing the guy you beat had the 7 star Grevious in there simply to show off to others as Grevious as lead would show up in the rankings. It's like showing off a new car.

I mean he is fun to play but I wouldn't recommend using all of your time devoted to farming shards for him. I've seen several threads where players insisted that Grevious was there favorite character in the franchise and they would do nothing else but farm endless shards. He is one of the slowest characters in this game and has such a small health pool.

If for some reason you do have him now and want to use him in Arena or GW I would recommend a droid team. When I use him in GW I lead with him, HK-47, IG-86, IG-88 and Old Daka. They take care of Jedi and Sith teams with ease.
  • Options
    Yeah OP, I hate Nae just as much as everyone else, but I got to agree with him here.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Paule totally agree. I'm doing pretty good with my team Sid(lead), Dooku, Poggle, Lum, Daka. Usually in top 20 (depend on the days lol). im sure he just want to show he got a 7*GG. Im sure many people want to attack him because of his 7* GG. Anyway he changed his Leader to 7*Rex. He finally back to Rank 2.

@InternetSwag he pretty positive.. compared to other nasty comments lol
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Yeehahpv wrote: »
    Why would someone run GG without any other droids to boost his HP???

I would, hes my fav toon and i need him max'd fully and on my arena team cause hes my fav. Good or bad, synergy or no synergy is fine with me

That's what I'm talking about....good for you.

How can anyone identify with poggle and geno soldier?!?
  • Options
    Where is B?

B + ) = B)
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    "Play who you enjoy playing." That might be the best post ever. I totally agree!
    Thanks @ Naecabon

What a looser. Corporate shill. I'm with OP, if its bad, let us know.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    The imgur pics didn't show the fight after the taunt. We are missing some rng pieces to this story
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Both those teams are crap. Uh C. R. A. P isn't profanity. Stupid forum rules.
  • Options
    Mizo wrote: »
    Both those teams are crap. Uh C. R. A. P isn't profanity. Stupid forum rules.

It's not much a profanity filter as much as it is a "censor anything that could be associated with anything or anyone bad or might offend feminist SJW's."

You can even acronym screenshot.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    "Play who you enjoy playing." That might be the best post ever. I totally agree!
    Thanks @ Naecabon

He is bad in defense. Like Yoda,and many other really good characters on offense. Nobody can hold possition unless there is a big gap in power. Whales hold it (or fight with other whales) when cap level is raised and they gear up faster. When everybody max their squads, the human player beats the AI most the time, barring RNG crazyness.

I'm pretty sure that GG squad will beat the other guy just as easily on offense
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Did grievous ever got a turn? If 1 Daka stun land on him, it makes it 4/5 for the rest of the game.
    I love how people say Maul is useless but they defend Grievous.
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm running GG / RG in the arena without other droids and it's doing quite well. I put Barriss and a couple glass cannons with him.

I'd guess it's but great on D, but I can take the #1 spot with it on offense.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    Did grievous ever got a turn? If 1 Daka stun land on him, it makes it 4/5 for the rest of the game.
    I love how people say Maul is useless but they defend Grievous.
    Most of those fancy heroes like maul, Ayala , yoda, fitso are very bad on defense. I would rather have some defense team.
    The team like Poe , Kyle, poggle , ig88, Sid. I just lose to this team lol. I'm sure I can beat this team if Rng on my side lol. However I don't need Rng to beat that 7*gg + 7*rg team.
  • KoolKent
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Few things here -

A) YOU BEAT A TEAM IN SQUAD ARENA?! MY GOD I CLEARLY THOUGHT I WAS UNBEATABLE!!!

B) Are we not supposed to try new things out? Do we have some sort of practice mode I'm unaware of? You do realize this is literally our only way to try out squads and see how new characters perform...

C) To those saying you need droids with GG, this is not even close to accurate. His HP pool is fine. If the leader ability works(ed) right, his HP pool is being facilitated by the fact opponents are doing less. Plus, typically, droids are terrible. You keep running your silly droid teams all you'd like.

D) If someone can show me any team in this game that actually holds on defense, I'll applaud for you. GG builds can defeat entire squads at the top without losing a single toon, but so what? Do you see us posting screenshots of it? No... because defense in this game is a joke and any team can beat any team. Play who you enjoy playing.
    Hey man, I thought the same thing about practice squads and spent lots of crystals in the arena before, trying different things. Now when I come across a strong difficult team in the GW, (if you don't mind not completing it till the end of the day) you can achieve this there. Just make sure you retreat before you win/lose.

• Options
    Team that holds on defense, due to to being annoying , Barriss, RG, GS, Daka, Dooku
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have 7* GG and 7* RG. I don't use either in arena. I use both in GW, GG more than RG. GG health down special is awesome. It is same as health up but opposite.

If anyone wants to know what health up/down actually does I figured it out. If you look at the amount of bars in a toons life bar you'll see it change to less when health down and more when health up. Then when that status effect goes away it resets the life bar to the same % it was at when then health up/down status cleared.

It makes taking out high health targets easier and low health targets simple.

Imo, GG is just to slow to use unless he is used with Lobot or HK-47 lead.

RG is used on my server by someone who constantly trades #1 rank with me. He has qui-gon lead, lumi, FOTP, GS, RG. It's a tough team to beat, especially if Anakin doesn't get buff immunity on RG before he taunts.
  • Options
    Thanks @ Naecabon

Hey two things.
    I am hardly a "Corporate Shill", I think most people around here know that. :D
    .. That's not how you spell "loser". :#