Zeta drops from challenges

Just wanted to know if there have been any changes made to drop rates of Zetas in ship challenges? Ever since they were introduced to daily log in our guild has noticed that they are harder to obtain. Of course this could be just a bad case of RNG but for example a guildy of ours went 4 weeks without 1 dropping... I myself have received 3 in in 4 weeks.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's all RNG.
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    Options
    RNG.. I had 0 from challenges today, but 3 from the previous one.
  • Options
    Thanks Kyno
  • Options
    Got two yesterday, none today. It's a dice roll.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    I'm on a terrible streak. Think I've received three materials total in three weeks from the challenges. My luck has been so bad that I'm falling behind others in my guild for total zetas.
  • Options
    This....again. It's RNG. The game doesn't hate you.
  • Options
    I got 2 today, hadn't had any for a while. Just RNG, no coded change
  • Options

No no, the game hates everybody. Just it picks on some people more than others at times.
  • Options

I’m sorry, my post was a genuine question, not a complaint that the game hates me.
  • Options
    In the long time (months) I saw that the drop rate is approximately 25%: on average I receive 1/4 Z math.
    Of course there are several 0/4 days, some very rare 3/4 days, and I NEVER HAD 4/4 (so the odds to have 0/4 or 4/4 are far from being the same....).
    Before you ask, I can't show the data
    (come on, this is a forum, not a peer-reviewed medical journal ;-) )
  • Options
    In the long time (months) I saw that the drop rate is approximately 25%: on average I receive 1/4 Z math.
    Of course there are several 0/4 days, some very rare 3/4 days, and I NEVER HAD 4/4 (so the odds to have 0/4 or 4/4 are far from being the same....).
    Before you ask, I can't show the data
    (come on, this is a forum, not a peer-reviewed medical journal ;-) )

I had a run of 0 for two weeks straight, then I nailed 4/4 one day, and then zero for the next three days lol
  • Options
    I got one last night, the previous I had none and the one before that was 2.

I'll not see one drop ever again until I hit 20 now (at 16 now, then it's my first zeta time).
  • Options
    It's generally best to consider zetas from challenges to be a bonus, rather than a primary source.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    It's generally best to consider zetas from challenges to be a bonus, rather than a primary source.

You make a point. If I don’t expect them then it’s nice when the drop. I always have better luck when I don’t have many sitting in my inventory...

I’ve had 4//4 twice! The first time I unlocked the challenge and a week later :)