Bastila In Arena - Not Right

EAS
89 posts Member

"Our philosophy on this change is that in a game about progression and powering up your characters, wanting to move backwards is antithetical to the spirit of the game and it creates a significant disadvantage to people who leveled past this point without knowing of the strategy in advance."

This was posted by @CG_TopHat in Additional Changes to Bonds of Weakness and Nightsister Zombie. ( https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/176914/additional-changes-to-bonds-of-weakness-and-nightsister-zombie#latest)

This was about the use of an under-geared nightsister zombie in the HSR. so, we must understand from this is: no under-geared or unprepared toons should give you the edge over other players in this game, right?. (amongst other things you can extract from this sentece).

SO, if this behaviour is anithetical to the spirit of the game, WHY do you guys come up with a toon such as Bastila Shan to power up jedis? G7 Bastilas with some jedis wrecking HIGH END META teams?.

"As a general rule, when we discover an infinite loop that allows players to trivialize end game content, we try to act as swiftly as possible." @CG_TopHat (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/177646/rollback-of-friday-s-bonds-of-weakness-change#latest)

Ok, i get it ...critolyte really breaks the game, nothing to say about it and im glad its getting fixed ( still, its not a good fix) but, why does it matter when your END GAME content get trivialized, but when an END GAME team is trivialized by a new undergeared toon its completely "working as intended" and i shouldnt worry? ( i get it, it sells... but it is killing the hardwork, time investment and more important, MONEY investment $$$$) ---> And yes sir, hardwork finishing repeatdly your end game content to get those toons and gear.

ok, until here it just looks like a random rant. but no, this is a great concern for most players working and spending hard. And most likely this will get a lot of bad comments, but here we go.

(i'm not showing players name or guild cause i'm not here to public shame him he doesnt deserve it, awful balance deserves it.)

https://imgur.com/a/NQxMRxV

In this pictures you can see his squad, and his stats. which are FAR from being competitive in arena, the PvP High End of this game.

Bastila 207 speed
Gk 177 speed
Hermit Yoda 206 speed
GMY 206 speed
Ezra 194 speed

Leader - INITAITIVE
FINAL TEXT: At the start of the battle, Jedi allies gain 15% Turn Meter and Protection Up (200%, can't be Dispelled), and Jedi Tank allies gain Taunt for 1 turn. While Jedi allies have Protection Up, they have +150% Tenacity and deal 35% more damage.

So, we have a 15% TM at the beggining which is well balanced, no problem. then we have a 200% protection up, here we start with the serious BIG problems. WHO thought this was a good balanced idea????? 200% protection to EVERY jedi in the team? and NOT EVEN A ZETA?

cmon, a lot of us zetaed palpatine, JUST palpatine for a pityful 50% extra protection?

"Unique: Crackling Doom

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) While Palpatine is active, at the start of each enemy turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health for each of the following: they are Shocked; they are a Jedi; they are a Rebel. This damage can't defeat enemies. Palpatine has +50% Max Protection, and, when he inflicts Shock, he gains 5% Max Protection until the end of the encounter."

really?

But it doesnt end there, oh no. let get it on.

jedi tank allies gain taunt, this is perfectly balanced... nothing to say about it. but while jedis have this protection up (200%) they have 150% tenacity and 35% extra damage. im fine with the damage boost they need it.

But giving them 150% extra tenacity? when there are strong debuff teams all over the arena? (again, for the $$$ i get it ... but really? that unbalanced?) you know tenacity is one (if not the best) ally in this game, and you bring a marquee character (viable at 3* and G7) with this kit?

Where is the sipirit of the game, uh?

im no noobie crying deep inside, i invest in this game resources, and you guys are bringing unbalance to it.

https://imgur.com/a/B1a1cMW

hope this text doesnt get buried like so many others unpleasant truths.

Cheers

PS: i've already geared up my bastila and zeta'ed her im not an arrogant fool :)

Replies

• EAS
    89 posts Member
    Options
    So, WoT? Lol
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, moved to die in a sub category. Lol
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    Options
    EAS wrote: »
    "Our philosophy on this change is that in a game about progression and powering up your characters, wanting to move backwards is antithetical to the spirit of the game and it creates a significant disadvantage to people who leveled past this point without knowing of the strategy in advance."

This was posted by @CG_TopHat in Additional Changes to Bonds of Weakness and Nightsister Zombie. ( https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/176914/additional-changes-to-bonds-of-weakness-and-nightsister-zombie#latest)

This was about the use of an under-geared nightsister zombie in the HSR. so, we must understand from this is: no under-geared or unprepared toons should give you the edge over other players in this game, right?. (amongst other things you can extract from this sentece).

SO, if this behaviour is anithetical to the spirit of the game, WHY do you guys come up with a toon such as Bastila Shan to power up jedis? G7 Bastilas with some jedis wrecking HIGH END META teams?.

"As a general rule, when we discover an infinite loop that allows players to trivialize end game content, we try to act as swiftly as possible." @CG_TopHat (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/177646/rollback-of-friday-s-bonds-of-weakness-change#latest)

Ok, i get it ...critolyte really breaks the game, nothing to say about it and im glad its getting fixed ( still, its not a good fix) but, why does it matter when your END GAME content get trivialized, but when an END GAME team is trivialized by a new undergeared toon its completely "working as intended" and i shouldnt worry? ( i get it, it sells... but it is killing the hardwork, time investment and more important, MONEY investment $$$$) ---> And yes sir, hardwork finishing repeatdly your end game content to get those toons and gear.

ok, until here it just looks like a random rant. but no, this is a great concern for most players working and spending hard. And most likely this will get a lot of bad comments, but here we go.

(i'm not showing players name or guild cause i'm not here to public shame him he doesnt deserve it, awful balance deserves it.)

https://imgur.com/a/NQxMRxV

In this pictures you can see his squad, and his stats. which are FAR from being competitive in arena, the PvP High End of this game.

Bastila 207 speed
    Gk 177 speed
    Hermit Yoda 206 speed
    GMY 206 speed
    Ezra 194 speed

Leader - INITAITIVE
    FINAL TEXT: At the start of the battle, Jedi allies gain 15% Turn Meter and Protection Up (200%, can't be Dispelled), and Jedi Tank allies gain Taunt for 1 turn. While Jedi allies have Protection Up, they have +150% Tenacity and deal 35% more damage.

So, we have a 15% TM at the beggining which is well balanced, no problem. then we have a 200% protection up, here we start with the serious BIG problems. WHO thought this was a good balanced idea????? 200% protection to EVERY jedi in the team? and NOT EVEN A ZETA?

cmon, a lot of us zetaed palpatine, JUST palpatine for a pityful 50% extra protection?

"Unique: Crackling Doom

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) While Palpatine is active, at the start of each enemy turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health for each of the following: they are Shocked; they are a Jedi; they are a Rebel. This damage can't defeat enemies. Palpatine has +50% Max Protection, and, when he inflicts Shock, he gains 5% Max Protection until the end of the encounter."

really?

But it doesnt end there, oh no. let get it on.

jedi tank allies gain taunt, this is perfectly balanced... nothing to say about it. but while jedis have this protection up (200%) they have 150% tenacity and 35% extra damage. im fine with the damage boost they need it.

But giving them 150% extra tenacity? when there are strong debuff teams all over the arena? (again, for the $$$ i get it ... but really? that unbalanced?) you know tenacity is one (if not the best) ally in this game, and you bring a marquee character (viable at 3* and G7) with this kit?

Where is the sipirit of the game, uh?

im no noobie crying deep inside, i invest in this game resources, and you guys are bringing unbalance to it.

https://imgur.com/a/B1a1cMW

hope this text doesnt get buried like so many others unpleasant truths.

Cheers

PS: i've already geared up my bastila and zeta'ed her im not an arrogant fool :)

I couldn't agree more. Personally, I'm done spending money on this game due to this ****. It's infuriating seeing guys drop that I've seen spend months to get their team up to par to be dropped by a 3* Bastila team running g7&8 beating fully g12 zeta'd teams.

PS My Bastila is lv1 3* and I refuse to use that broke POSo7fslpf386jr.jpg

Edit: This guy beat a 97k powered nightmare team. This is a problem that will come back and bite them in the pocket book. You can only slap a person so many times in the face until they wake up!

Well you can see no one cares about balance until the acolyte loops the S out of the raid lol