IG-88 Zeta worth it??

No one in my guild or shard has a IG88 zeta. I'm wondering if it's worth it? I wanna build a TW team of HK, IG88, IPD, T3 and L3. I know I'm gonna zeta T3 and IPD for sure but not sure about 88. Seems good with droids specifically T3 and IPD. But no one has it that I know of.

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I dont have it, but for that specific team that has 3 people that can target lock, I would say yes. Otherwise, meh.
  • Jtn2t
    48 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It would if you have characters inflicting Target Lock, and it works with Bounty Hunters and Droids too. But be careful that enemies have/gain Critical Avoidance and/or Critical Immunity buffs to resist IG-88's AoE ability, unless the Imperial Probe Droid can use Detect so it has a chance to apply this debuff. Unfortunately, other foes are Tenacious or can give their allies some Tenacity to protect them from detrimental effects.
  • Options
    Yup its pretty nice if you are using T3 or IPD with him. Allows his massive damage to actually stick. Especially with all thr characters that have Prot or Health recov either from their kits or leads.
  • Options
    I don't regret his Zeta at all.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    If you're dropping zetas on T3, consider IG lead. More crit damage per debuff, and they'll be lots.

I'd probably prioritize other zetas first, but you could do worse
  • Options
    His zeta is ok...if you use him loads...and who does?

But there's many more zeta priorities.
  • Options
    If you want to do it then do it but as @coastaljames said there are much better zetas available.
  • Options
    As a droid user in arena, absolutely yes, combined with IPD you get Buff block + Healing block, pretty nasty combo. FO gets totally wrecked for example, and palpa will try to heal himself, failing miserably. But like they say, it really pays off if you really use IG88 and want to maximize your droid team or BH as well.
  • Options
    IG-88 is the next Zeta I’m placing. Priority first though to T3-M4’s two Zetas. The IG-88 zeta should help a lot with the Sith meta. Palpatine is usually one of the higher priorities to bring down. He’ll get hit for a bunch of damage but then Thrawn usually hits him with a turn meter boost and then he gives everyone health steal and he heals a bunch. 88’s zeta will stop that.
  • Options
    I'd love to build a good droid team. My problem is, that L3's best ability, the cleansing when she gets hit only works with scoundrels. That makes her a much better scoundrel than droid imho...
  • Options
    I-G88 zeta is great. Its not faction specific, like so many others. Works great with nest or wampa on his team, or anyone else that can aoe daze too.

Not the best of zetas, but worth it i think.
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Switcheroo wrote: »
    I'd love to build a good droid team. My problem is, that L3's best ability, the cleansing when she gets hit only works with scoundrels. That makes her a much better scoundrel than droid imho...

Her auto droid heal is pretty solid
  • Options
    Switcheroo wrote: »

I think they did that so she doesn't make droids a really good team....for now :)