G12 rex vs. G9 chirrut Chex mix

Cuddlebear
47 posts Member
edited August 2018
So I'm thinking about my eventual Chex mix team and am not really interested in gearing chirrut, but wouldn't mind having a g12 rex laying around so I was wondering, would a g12 rex be comparable to a g9 chirrut in Chex mix? Or is the attacker status so much more important than the gear that chirrut would still be better?

Also, if I don't use him in phase 1, is there any reason not to use gm Yoda over rex?

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    The real problem with rex is that his tenacity move has tmg involved in which messes up your turn order.

Yodas problem is thwt his tenacity up doesnt last the full stand alone.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    The real problem with rex is that his tenacity move has tmg involved in which messes up your turn order.

Yodas problem is thwt his tenacity up doesnt last the full stand alone.

I decided to go with rex and it turned out ok (I got 1.6M the first time with g8 pao and g9 dt). I solved the TM gain problem by having rex 1 speed slower than deathtrooper. The downside is it might take a few extra restarts if rex gets ability blocked or isolated, but I don't mind since he's just a temp until I can get Chewie to 7*.
  • Options
    I won’t argue with success (and you already nailed the speed issue), the biggest difference is the potential damage ceiling - Rex isn’t classified as an attacker, so he isn’t contributing his offense to the stand alone damage like Chirrut will.