Android favoritism

Tdl
6 posts Member
Why is the favoritism towards android devices. I have noticed that more than once characters have been released on the android devices and not even remotely offered to iOS players. My current example would be T3 – M4. When the character was released it was really slowly on android devices I neither received a data pack nor the marquee event I find this to be an issue. If this could be resolved I would be very grateful thank you.

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    It will, Google paid for a short exclusivity on the character. Apple does not do this. It will be realised at some point after Google's exclusivity is over.
  • Options
    There isn't an issue. It was announced that android would have early access to t3-m4, so the only way to resolve this is to.. be patient? It's not like t3 isn't going to iOS devices.
  • Tdl
    6 posts Member
    Options
    That gives every iOS player a massive disadvantage.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    With the ability to play across devices you lose nothing sure they can get him T3 sooner but what are you actually missing out on? I’ve not seen him smashing squads in arena,raid bosses or even in Tb. There is nothing wrong with the debut. If you really want him get a cheap android and do it.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    And explain “ MASSIVE” what advantages are they gaining? Your statement seems hallow.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    And explain “ MASSIVE” what advantages are they gaining? Your statement seems hallow.

that advantage is having yet another useless 4* character in our inventory.
  • Tdl
    6 posts Member
    Options
    So when exactly do they plan to open him up to all devices. It is not the first time they have done this. With an old republic squad he is very strong. My friends have him already and he has made quite the ruckus. The next new character is already on it way and iOS still does not have the opportunity to receive him.
  • Options
    You can have mine he is 3 starred level 85 and has yet to be used. Tomorrow is the past day expect you to see him within a day or 2. Also think we got a free k2s0 and outside of p6 on LSTB he never sees the light of day.
  • Options
    Tdl wrote: »

How does a 2 week lag on one character cause a massive disadvantage? Maybe a little overdramatic with that statement?
  • Tdl
    6 posts Member
    Options
    When android has the opportunity to receive characters that are not released to other devices that is a massive advantage. When you can start putting together the new meta squads while others can’t, I call that an advantage. Think about new players as well.
  • Options
    When android has the opportunity to receive characters that are not released to other devices that is a massive advantage. When you can start putting together the new meta squads while others can’t, I call that an advantage. Think about new players as well.

Which new Player is hyped about a 3 Star Charakter he cant farm for 3 months?
    He is not as useful as other Charakters at 3 Stars
    So just put the word "advantage" aside or link your account to google if you are so desperate
  • Options

Because... t3 is such a gamebreakingly OP toon?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Well, I guess a 3 star character, 4 star if you buy the 9.99 pack, is good for new players. But for everyone else it's no big deal. He isn't used in PvP so there is no advantage there. I am an android player, but haven't touched him since unlocking him. When the event appears for Apple you can have him and unless you pay he can sit at the end of your roster as well.

Call Apple and ask why they dont do cross promotions, cause it's their fault you dont get early access to anything. And come on, K2SO and T3? If it was for TB neither character would see the light of day.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

Explain what is “massive” the only statement is this word. Why just tell us what we are missing out on? What game changing abilities does t3 offer? Saying massive and causing a ruckus doesn’t explain it.
  • Options
    Complain to apple its not ea's or androids fault.
  • Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You can look up needed gear, save credits, and then the day T3 is released on Apple.... you will instantly be caught up, and the Android users won't have any noteworthy utility in the interim. It would only be an advantage if T3 was a powerful or noteworthy character at only 3 or 4 star. Like Bastilla as an example, she's an awesome counter to EP in Arena.

But.... T3 isn't noteworthy, he'll likely be relevant when the decide to release more Kotor related content. "New players" likely can't even complete the marquee event... so that caveat is a non-issue.