30mil GP difference

The guild we are now matched against has 30 mil mire GP than us. How is this fair? How is this even supposed to be fun? Fix this garbage.

Replies

• Options
    t29y43k6nekt.png
  • Options
    t7smnuhnxctr.png
  • Options
    yax24zqwx0ds.png
  • Options
    We are done with TW.
  • Options
    You sure the difference is only 30M? Your opponent only has 45 profiles registered on swgoh.gg. Those 3 unregistered could add another 8-9M or so ...

But of course, it is possible that not everybody in your opponent's guild signed up for the TW, so basing your arguments off the numbers listed on swgoh.gg is not concrete proof for multiple reasons.
  • Options
    It's just frustrating man screw this game mode.
  • darthjeary
    170 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    For the millionth time, it goes off of active GP for members who signed up for the TW. You are within 10M of each other at a maximum.

Now I understand that still isn't fair, but thats what the algorithm looks at. Your TW is not a 30M difference.

50 teams at 1M GP per does not equal 25 teams at 2M GP per. The 25 team will destroy the 50 team.

Their algorithm sure is broke, but not how you claim. It should look at active gp as well as active members, and match accordingly. It currently only does active GP.

Also, you should be able to tell how many active members they have by the amount of defensive teams you can enter per territory. 15 teams per territory means 29-31 active members I think.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please use the in game search to show GP. SWGOH.GG can often be inaccurate.

Also how many positions in each node?
  • Options
    23 defenses for each area and swgoh.gg was accurate
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Davin69 wrote: »
    23 defenses for each area and swgoh.gg was accurate

I saw, and not a full guild, but that's only bringing down the GP by 6M or so.
  • Options
    It'll be ok. My guild has 2 people with traya vs a guild with 28mil OVERALL not active GP higher.. And 41 traya teams, we've accepted this L. Lol
  • Options
    My guild nearly always starts 1000 banners behind our opponents because we can barely scrape together 25 players out of 48.

We still win, most of the time.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    It can go either way, we have face 30M GP more twice so far, once we lost easily, but this time they had crappy strategy and we managed to win which felt really great given the huge difference in GP even though they didn't seem to be into it too much. (127 vs 155 btw)
  • Options
    Kreontas wrote: »
    It can go either way, we have face 30M GP more twice so far, once we lost easily, but this time they had **** strategy and we managed to win which felt really great given the huge difference in GP even though they didn't seem to be into it too much. (127 vs 155 btw)

Well, sure. we've beaten many guilds with a much higher GP than us. The problem is, most of them didn't really get too much into the TW. In fact, a few back, we had one guild that didn't even set full defenses. They did like 10 total attacks against us and that was it. So we took out like two zones and didn't need to do anything more.

However, we've also faced guilds that had a good strategy and if they're at 20 mil plus, we have no chance. Why? Because they have wall after wall of 100K+ teams and we might have two with 100K teams on them. It doesn't matter if it only counts "active" GP when they have that strong of a deck for each player. But again, we shouldn't have so many people coming on the boards saying, "uh why are we facing a guild with 20, 30, 40 mil GP more than us?!?!?" It just shouldn't be happening so much.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

That would be fine... If it worked more than 5%of the time.
  • Options
    darthjeary wrote: »
    For the millionth time, it goes off of active GP for members who signed up for the TW. You are within 10M of each other at a maximum.

Now I understand that still isn't fair, but thats what the algorithm looks at. Your TW is not a 30M difference.

50 teams at 1M GP per does not equal 25 teams at 2M GP per. The 25 team will destroy the 50 team.

Their algorithm sure is broke, but not how you claim. It should look at active gp as well as active members, and match accordingly. It currently only does active GP.

Also, you should be able to tell how many active members they have by the amount of defensive teams you can enter per territory. 15 teams per territory means 29-31 active members I think.

Its not like as you described. 10m active difference is a dream :-) Their matchmaking system is completely for the trash can. It just overpowers you to suck out money, instead of making interesting choices to buy...and not oh wait a new wookie, a 7th han...omg take my credit card already and take 1000$ each month to buy yourself a new Mercedes and a nice house in Bel Air.
  • Options
    Let’s face it TW is their way of saying to the whale guilds we r going to give you more by **** off all our other players, so I guess I have to accept it until I delete it. We have faced matches where our highest registered was 2.6m, while they had 3 registered above 4m and those three alone wiped us out. They need to hired someone with a mathematical education past a college freshman.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

That would be fine... If it worked more than 5%of the time.

It works every time.... Not sure what your issue is....