Can we discuss TW and sitting players for better matchups?

As most people know the general strategy in guilds above 120 million is to have a rotational number of players sit out Territory Wars in order to push total GP below 140 million (120 - 140 million bracket is lowest to get 3 zetas for winning). This is because there are no rewards increases after the 3 zetas received for winning these battles. The result is that the 139 million GP guild is almost always 45+ trayas and rosters with no weak spots. For the guilds trying to climb and just getting over 120 million its a nice 'Welcome!' when every matchup is against these types of guilds. End result is you get completely wrecked each time which isn't much fun. The winning guilds members wind up net positive over the long run because winning 100% of 3 zeta TW's is better than 50% 3 zeta/2 zeta results when everyone plays 'fair' and uses their whole roster.

Is there a way to base matchups with the additional consideration of matching the number of active participants in each guild? Feel like it would take a lot of advantage away from the top dogs just having their way with the up and comers.

Replies

• Options
    i dont know how many posts i have made with this topic, good luck finding an answer. They dont care about this and about a half of other things that are broken in the game.
  • Options
    I’m a bit out of touch but when this happened the funny response was a troll defense of jawas and such.

I want to know how the people sitting out are selected or actually go along with it. Is it a penalty or just picking straws? Is there incentive for them? Do they get first in raids? Idk just seems to be a bad choice for a guild to do.

Silver lining - this seems to go away as you raise your guilds gp. I think at that certain threshold where it’s a zeta for a victory and no zeta for a loss is when it’s really bad.
  • Options
    Have some faith in people. The rebellion was built on hope..
  • Options
    What you wrote seems to be an exploitation of an already badly working system.
    We are a 145 mill gp guild, never even thought about leaving players out just to be under 140m.
    On the other hand as a 145M gp guild we have 0 Trayas (about to unlock a few in coming weeks) got a 169M gp opponent with 50 trayas already unlcoked. They got 7* star bastilas like it was a common character...
    The thing is that this whole matchmaking system is bad and these kind of pairings should never happen...
  • petersont79
    291 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I agree this is a problem and needs to end. I would like something in their formula to include if Guild GP is x% larger then Guild2, to not get matched with them. That way you do not have 20-40M differences in guild GP and probably not get getting the scenario described above.
  • Options
    I want to know how the people sitting out are selected or actually go along with it. Is it a penalty or just picking straws? Is there incentive for them? Do they get first in raids? Idk just seems to be a bad choice for a guild to do.

The people selected go along with it the same way they would to post a zero damage in some type of raid. Everyone misses the same number of TW's with the rotation public and posted to Discord or some other site. I know of guilds that make it work in a number of different ways. If 3 people sit (dependent on GP) then you are only sitting out 1 time every 16 TW's.

• Options
    DonBongo92 wrote: »
    What you wrote seems to be an exploitation of an already badly working system.
    We are a 145 mill gp guild, never even thought about leaving players out just to be under 140m.
    On the other hand as a 145M gp guild we have 0 Trayas (about to unlock a few in coming weeks) got a 169M gp opponent with 50 trayas already unlcoked. They got 7* star bastilas like it was a common character...
    The thing is that this whole matchmaking system is bad and these kind of pairings should never happen...

Agree with your description of the exploitation. When your matchups come out after the preview phase imagine getting a 121 million GP guild instead of 169 million GP guild and the difference in morale it would make. When my guild (125 million) pulls a 155 million (pre sitting guys out) guild we have a number who completely lose the will to fight. Those same people are willing to sit if the TW becomes more enjoyable the next 20 wars they got to play.

The game is built on 'fastest to exploit' in a lot of cases but this seems like a quick fix to make sure number of participants must match.
  • Options
    This makes no sense to me maybe because its Friday. So instead of 2 losses equally 4 zeta they would rather drop gp and win 3 but rotate so only some get 3 and a few maybe get 6? So the ones that dont get 6 get 1 less zeta then just actually losing...? I'd rather sign up. Lose and get 4 at that point lol.
  • Options
    SWEVV1 wrote: »

The people selected go along with it the same way they would to post a zero damage in some type of raid. Everyone misses the same number of TW's with the rotation public and posted to Discord or some other site. I know of guilds that make it work in a number of different ways. If 3 people sit (dependent on GP) then you are only sitting out 1 time every 16 TW's.

Thanks. Was really curious on how. But still caught up on the why. Everybody has different play styles and comforbility. My opinion - very unlike how I would run a guild, we want everyone to do better etc.

For reference we are 169 mil gp guild and lose majority of the time. It’s frustrating for some. Me personally- I don’t mind. It’s pretty low stakes. 1 zeta loss. But that kind of adds support to the players sitting - it’s just one zeta.

Sorry for being so long winded- ultimately I don’t see CG doing anything about it.
  • Options
    There is no proof anywhere that entering TW at any level below full participation provides an advantage.

OP's argument is based on the poor assumption that dropping GP into a lower prize tier changes the available opponent pool. Devs have already stated that matching is not based on a guilds prize tier. Cross-tier matches are allowed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    As most people know the general strategy in guilds above 120 million is to have a rotational number of players sit out Territory Wars in order to push total GP below 140 million (120 - 140 million bracket is lowest to get 3 zetas for winning). This is because there are no rewards increases after the 3 zetas received for winning these battles. The result is that the 139 million GP guild is almost always 45+ trayas and rosters with no weak spots. For the guilds trying to climb and just getting over 120 million its a nice 'Welcome!' when every matchup is against these types of guilds. End result is you get completely wrecked each time which isn't much fun. The winning guilds members wind up net positive over the long run because winning 100% of 3 zeta TW's is better than 50% 3 zeta/2 zeta results when everyone plays 'fair' and uses their whole roster.

Is there a way to base matchups with the additional consideration of matching the number of active participants in each guild? Feel like it would take a lot of advantage away from the top dogs just having their way with the up and comers.

That would defeat the whole purpose of a sign up period. It's nice to let people take breaks from an event if they are busy and cant participate. It's nice to finally get a game mode that doesnt make you or your guild suffer if you cant be on your phone.
  • Options
    There is no proof anywhere that entering TW at any level below full participation provides an advantage.

OP's argument is based on the poor assumption that dropping GP into a lower prize tier changes the available opponent pool. Devs have already stated that matching is not based on a guilds prize tier. Cross-tier matches are allowed.

Try Warrior's Discord channel. Try any of the big SWGOH Discord channels. Everyone knows about this.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

That would defeat the whole purpose of a sign up period. It's nice to let people take breaks from an event if they are busy and cant participate. It's nice to finally get a game mode that doesnt make you or your guild suffer if you cant be on your phone.

Totally agree that the sign up period allows people to play and sit out accordingly as their schedules permit. What would defeat the purpose of it? I'm not following.
  • Options

Try Warrior's Discord channel. Try any of the big SWGOH Discord channels. Everyone knows about this.

What makes you think Warrior knows what he is talking about?
  • Options
    I hate the sign up period. We could get an extra TW in if we eliminated it altogether.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Totally agree that the sign up period allows people to play and sit out accordingly as their schedules permit. What would defeat the purpose of it? I'm not following.

You are stating that your whole guild should count towards TW. Meaning if you sit out because you will not be active, you are hurting your guild.