Omega Battles Need a Rework

Although I’m glad to get an Omega, and I understand Omega Battles are filler events you often put on days there isn’t another event, the event itself is quite pointless. The battles are laughably easy and really don’t serve a purpose. You could just as easily just hand out an Omega in our inboxes. Events, in my opinion, are something you’re supposed to look forward to, not something you see and get disappointed. I’d love to see these reworked into something along the lines of Assault Battle. I’d rather have fewer omega events, but ones that are more fun. If that means we get a day here and there with no event, so be it. Still better than these silly omega events.

Replies

• Options
    People complain about free stuff, .. omegas no less, . . If it’s that inconvenient, skip it.

Not everyone beats it as a cakewalk, for newer players, which is what these are for, it is a challenge . For developed players, congrats that is you, it’s a fast auto affair that nets you a few credits and a few mats, with an omega.

I suggest since it disappoints you so badly, use junk chars or simply skip it next time, either option will surely fix your issues.

Instead of asking for events for newer players to be revamped or discontinued, try figuring out something beneficial to everyone , like design a new event, since you prefer that approach, and look for better options to continue to increase free resources to the masses.
  • Options
    Omega battles are geared towards lower levelled members who otherwise have a limited(or no access to omegas). It's not supposed to be end game hard content. Come on, it takes like 30 seconds on auto for a FREE omega.
  • Options
    Wow, overreact much? Can’t believe you spent the time to write all that. Anyhow it’s not my job to redesign it. It’s my job to provide feedback so the business can meet my needs and keep me as a customer. That’s how a customer-business relationship works. I’m not complaining about free stuff. I’m asking the company I’m paying to provide me with a better and/or new product, which believe it or not, is how most businesses run.
  • Options
    Omega battles are geared towards lower levelled members who otherwise have a limited(or no access to omegas). It's not supposed to be end game hard content. Come on, it takes like 30 seconds on auto for a FREE omega.

That’s my point. It takes 30 seconds on auto. I’d like to see it actually mean something, take more time, or be more difficult. Perhaps have different tiers like an assault battle. Perhaps you could even make the difficulty based off character gp, like we all get an event but the difficulty, waves, etc. are based off your character gp. 500k or under and you get the current version of omega battles. 500k-1 million there’s another tier. 1-2 million yet another tier, maybe involving ships. 2 million plus maybe the another tier but you get a second omega. Just one idea....
  • Options
    Omega Battles are fundamentally meant to be for newer players and those without powerful rosters. They're basically "starter events", and aren't meant to be a significant challenge. They are meant to be easily auto battled. As such, there are no plans to change or expand these events at this time.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Omega Battles are fundamentally meant to be for newer players and those without powerful rosters. They're basically "starter events", and aren't meant to be a significant challenge. They are meant to be easily auto battled. As such, there are no plans to change or expand these events at this time.

I have no problems with this, but could vet players get a “sim all” button similar to challenges? They are annoying to play through.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

@Ikky2win
  • Options
    @CG_CapGaSP thanks for responding. Ultimately what I was trying to get at is that they are super boring for older players and just seem like filler events on days there isn’t anything else scheduled. When I go to the events table and the only thing I see for that day is an Omega event, I’m disappointed. On the other hand when I go to the event table and see an Assault Battle, I’m excited, both for the rewards and the actual event, since it has several tiers, takes more than 5 seconds, and can sometimes be challenging for the highest tiers.

Perhaps I went about it wrong. Instead of saying please change omega battles, what I probably should have said is please add more events similar to the assault battles. I understand you can’t necessarily give Uber rewards if you add more events, but even mediocre rewards tied to event that takes more than five seconds would be great. This is an enjoyment of the game thing not a rewards thing.
  • Options
    I have no problems with this, but could vet players get a “sim all” button similar to challenges? They are annoying to play through.

That's pretty easy to do. I'll check with the bosses and if there's no objection I can add a sim button to these. Note that the next 2 releases are already locked down, so even if it's a yes it won't happen in the immediate future.

• Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    @CG_CapGaSP thanks for responding. Ultimately what I was trying to get at is that they are super boring for older players and just seem like filler events on days there isn’t anything else scheduled. When I go to the events table and the only thing I see for that day is an Omega event, I’m disappointed. On the other hand when I go to the event table and see an Assault Battle, I’m excited, both for the rewards and the actual event, since it has several tiers, takes more than 5 seconds, and can sometimes be challenging for the highest tiers.

Perhaps I went about it wrong. Instead of saying please change omega battles, what I probably should have said is please add more events similar to the assault battles. I understand you can’t necessarily give Uber rewards if you add more events, but even mediocre rewards tied to event that takes more than five seconds would be great. This is an enjoyment of the game thing not a rewards thing.

Alas, I am but one person and can only do so much. Since I can't talk about unannounced things, let me just say I enjoy making the Assault Battles and other elder game event content and I'm glad people like playing them. Hopefully I'll have more info to share soon.
  • Options
    <3