Rework Acolyte ASAP

So you (dev) fixed the infinite loop by breaking Acolyte and I have not seen substantial dialogue in forums to suggest this method as you claim to have listened to.

The doubled damage and health amount is status quo - so how about the lacking turn meter removal, the ability to counter foresight and the double revive under Talzin lead;

I use Acolyte under Ventress lead to give turn meter reduction where the two hits is important/essential. I have moded her with speed to get the job done - it’s called “strategy”.
So AT LEAST add a turn meter removal on her basic (“and she has a 50% chance to remove 20% turnmeter”). Thus, gaining both on her basic and from Ventress lead - so reducts 0, 25 or 50 pct. per shot depending on RNG.

Nightsister struggle in Arena with either team with gazillions debuffs (Empire) cripple the team or a gazillions tenacity (Bastila) has broken plague. So now Acolyte can’t even counter foresight.
So the you should AT LEAST at “This attack ignores Foresight”.

Lack of possibility to revive two Nightsisters affects both raids and Arena. I haven’t got I clever compensation for that - BUT I’m willing to forfeit this if you can bring back the abilities above - but you (devs) are so wise, so please give a shot.

Anything less than above is de facto a nerf and a has made the character weaker.

Replies

• Options
    Balður wrote: »
    Anything less than above is de facto a nerf and a has made the character weaker.
    ...and?

"Nerf" is a loaded term, but it's not a bad thing. Maintaining game balance is usually a continuous process of buffs and nerfs. If anything, nerfs are underutilized in this game. That this one is relatively minor and its drawbacks are fairly niche while successfully closing the infinite loop means it did its job well.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Except it was broke, and the character wasn't fine.

Infinite loop.

That was fixed.

And just because nerfs were a frustrating part of one game experience does not make nerfing as a concept a bad thing. They are a necessary part of game balance.
    Still not a he.
  • Balður
    39 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Infinite loop.

That was fixed.

And just because nerfs were a frustrating part of one game experience does not make nerfing as a concept a bad thing. They are a necessary part of game balance.

Yes on nerfing and the intend to fix the infinite loop.
    However, It is NOT balancing to remove abilities working *as intended*. The character has been been around way longer than Sith raid and Traya character. It’s the conditions in the raid that causes the loop - can’t work outside the Sith raid.

I have never had the opportunity to use the Critolyte but have used the stated 3 elements *as intended*.

As a consequence, I have now replaced Acolyte from the teams I previous had her in because she no longer bring the abilities needed/wanted, and while having the strongest NS team in the guild, I dropped from 2nd contribution and T4-01 crate to 4th after the fix. And to repeat - no critolyte before. That says it all; the fix has weakened an unbroken character in a broken raid.
  • Options
    Balður wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Infinite loop.

That was fixed.

Yes on nerfing and the intend to fix the infinite loop.
    However, It is NOT balancing to remove abilities working *as intended*. The character has been been around way longer than Sith raid and Traya character. It’s the conditions in the raid that causes the loop - can’t work outside the Sith raid.

I have never had the opportunity to use the Critolyte but have used the stated 3 elements *as intended*.

As a consequence, I have now replaced Acolyte from the teams I previous had her in because she no longer bring the abilities needed/wanted, and while having the strongest NS team in the guild, I dropped from 2nd contribution and T4-01 crate to 4th after the fix. And to repeat - no critolyte before. That says it all; the fix has weakened an unbroken character in a broken raid.

This. Acolyte did not need to be "fixed," it was a problem with the mechanics in the raid. I don't even think the infinite loop is really a problem considering how onerous and un-fun the sith raid is. In my opinion, the so called "fix" is a bigger problem than the loop which only served to make a bad bit of content slightly more bearable.