This is what makes Anakin so special

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone who claims he is good, do not have him, and probably read some poster asking a whale that Anakin for some reason was the only team he could not beat. That was before RG, and hardly true.

Or maybe you are wrong and your not maxed Anakin doesn't cut it because it is not maxed
  • Options
    Ascansio wrote: »
    @somegame8861 Patience, my friend... Keep farming him and spend your resources on his gear. You won't be disappointed!

Yeah, I have only one place to fill in l70 QGJ jedi-lead meta, and it is not Anikin for me. Maybe yoda ... Luminara does well for now. Do not loose a single match, thought dropping below level 10 would be an improvement. If heroes opened with skill you want, maybe then it would be possible to hold well. I can now conclude that there is no team that can hold position in top 20 on defense. Unless someone posts otherwise.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Anyone who claims he is good, do not have him, and probably read some poster asking a whale that Anakin for some reason was the only team he could not beat. That was before RG, and hardly true.

Or maybe you are wrong and your not maxed Anakin doesn't cut it because it is not maxed

could be, however 6 stars is 7% difference from 7th in stats, and I only miss one level gear, and have level 6 skills
    Telaan wrote: »

I take #1 on a hard launch server using Anakin no problem.

I do not want to waste QGJ speed leadership and need him fast, so at least one Jedi must accompany him. The only other good Jedi now is Yoda, I think. Dont know, dont have him.
    I win all battles, need only "least drop team". For now, I drop to 10-20 daily. Anybody cares to share their daily drop? and team
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

could be, however 6 stars is 7% difference from 7th in stats, and I only miss one level gear, and have level 6 skills

I do not want to waste QGJ speed leadership and need him fast, so at least one Jedi must accompany him. The only other good Jedi now is Yoda, I think. Dont know, dont have him.
    I win all battles, need only "least drop team". For now, I drop to 10-20 daily. Anybody cares to share their daily drop? and team

Only Dooku and QGJ lead Yoda go before Anakin with QGJ lead. It's fine if you don't like him, but saying he's not endgame is patently false.
  • Options

Only Dooku and QGJ lead Yoda go before Anakin with QGJ lead. It's fine if you don't like him, but saying he's not endgame is patently false.

He can be good for now, however, once QGJ becomes all team speed leader, dont think any Jedi will be meta team. Not even Yoda
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    He can be good for now, however, once QGJ becomes all team speed leader, dont think any Jedi will be meta team. Not even Yoda
    Oh, that thing that is never going to happen? Yeah, real concerned about it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

If the predictions of JE come true there won't be any Jedi in meta.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I think most people drop that much as well. I drop that much with my droids in my server. And I see my rivals for the top5 aty timeline eith me around the top 20. If competition is good, and teams are close, you will fall, because AI is dumb.

The only time you can hold in defense is after a cap increase, because whales level up much faster and gain power adventage from. Level and gear. When everybody is maxed, the team in offense beat the team in defense like 80% of the time
  • Options

If the predictions of JE come true there won't be any Jedi in meta.

Surely QGJ is meta
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Oh, that thing that is never going to happen? Yeah, real concerned about it.

agree. Still have one level gear before final conclusion. Does not look good for my specific team. Maybe works for others, especially with RG
  • Ascansio
    270 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @somegame8861 I'm in one of the oldest servers in the game since I got into SWGOH in day 1.

Always holding my rank 1 against a real rival who was a former teammate of mine (no need to mention his name). We just switch places with him sometimes but hold the top 2.

For the last 2 weeks, I switched to this line-up:

QBW5RA.jpg

And sometimes I switch Lumi with Poe.

3LP5D4.jpg

And I still manage to hold my rank 1. Don't you trust my judgement? And many people here confirmed that they also hold their top spots with Anakin. But the final decision is up to you of course. You can either trust us or continue with your own way.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    The Godfather: Part III is a subpar movie compared to the first 2 movies but that doesn't mean that it's a bad movie. Same thing applies with prequels vs originals.
    This is entirely out of context and off-topic, but you can hardly compare them. Not a single SW movie is actually considered to be a good movie, no matter how much I like them all (not equally lol). Not Godfather good that is. They all have their flaws.

Almost all movies compared to Apocalypse Now are also poo. Can you imagine the envy big time actors must have when they watch something like that?

God I hope that's sarcasm. Apocalypse Now is one of the worst movies ever made. It's right up there with Quest for Fire (IMDb that), where not a single spoken word was made as it's entirely about cavemen wandering around looking for fire and having weird caveman sex. If the sole goal was to make a complete s**t movie to show how much of a peace loving pansy who enjoy the use of drugs the creators were...mission accomplished.

Other than that I completely agree with Asc. I think people are overly hard on Christian. He did fine; not great but fine. The biggest issue I had with the prequels was jar jar and GL's inability to seamlessly link his own movies (i.e.: Leia apparently remembering Padme despite Padme dying 30 sec after popping Leia out).

As far as Anakin in this game. I run him at 7* max gear (minus cuffs and hair driers) in arena. He's awesome.

Actually, I hope you are just trolling. The story telling is exceptional and so is the acting.
  • Options
    @somegame8861 I'm in one of the oldest servers in the game since I got into SWGOH in day 1.

Always holding my rank 1 against a real rival who was a former teammate of mine (no need to mention his name).

QBW5RA.jpg

3LP5D4.jpg

And I still manage to hold my rank 1. Don't you trust my judgement? And many people here confirmed that they also hold their top spots with Anakin. But the final decision is up to you of course. You can eşther trust us or with your own way.

ah, thanks, that's what I was thinking is perfect team for Anakin. Good to know it works
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    The Godfather: Part III is a subpar movie compared to the first 2 movies but that doesn't mean that it's a bad movie. Same thing applies with prequels vs originals.
    This is entirely out of context and off-topic, but you can hardly compare them. Not a single SW movie is actually considered to be a good movie, no matter how much I like them all (not equally lol). Not Godfather good that is. They all have their flaws.

Almost all movies compared to Apocalypse Now are also poo. Can you imagine the envy big time actors must have when they watch something like that?

God I hope that's sarcasm. Apocalypse Now is one of the worst movies ever made. It's right up there with Quest for Fire (IMDb that), where not a single spoken word was made as it's entirely about cavemen wandering around looking for fire and having weird caveman sex. If the sole goal was to make a complete s**t movie to show how much of a peace loving pansy who enjoy the use of drugs the creators were...mission accomplished.

Other than that I completely agree with Asc. I think people are overly hard on Christian. He did fine; not great but fine. The biggest issue I had with the prequels was jar jar and GL's inability to seamlessly link his own movies (i.e.: Leia apparently remembering Padme despite Padme dying 30 sec after popping Leia out).

As far as Anakin in this game. I run him at 7* max gear (minus cuffs and hair driers) in arena. He's awesome.

Actually, I hope you are just trolling. The story telling is exceptional and so is the acting.

We clearly have a difference of opinion on that movie lol.
  • Ascansio
    270 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @somegame8861 It definitely works. Remember when The Force Awakens got into theaters, Jesse created a thread about the new heroes from TFA? He advised to use Poe with Anakin. Poe taunts, dies eventually taking all the damage, and Anakin goes frenzy with that.

I prefer Poe if my opponent has at least 2 anti Jedi heroes (like Tyranus and Sidious). If he has just 1, then I implement Lumi to give a healing boost to my team. This kinda disables Anakin's unique but keeping everyone alive on your team is also a good thing.

I have to admit, it's not the best defence roster; but with the current meta it's impossible to hold your rank forever. So until we find a perfect composition for defense, I focused on having fun with an offensive team and Anakin fits in very well, fyi.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Watch it yourself and judge. It's about a group of soldiers in Vietnam who go totally off the reservation. It's a massive anti-Vietnam, anti-war, pro-drug use movie. Its an A list group of actors in a C movie written while on a massive drug bender.

Sounds like your problems with the movie have nothing to do with the actual movie and everything to do with your sociopolitical views. I disagree with most of your views in those areas, and even if I didn't, I wouldn't use that as a basis to judge a film.

Critiques of movies are 100% subjective. A persons opinion of script, plot, acting, etc are always going to be biased. Let's not kid ourselves into pretending otherwise.

Just because I'm a veteran, I'm not incapable of enjoying a movie just because it is anti-war or along those lines. A perfect example is Platoon. It's an anti-Vietnam, anti-war movie with a lot of drug use. I still like the movie. Hamburger Hill, another anti-war movie....still great. As a matter of fact, I'm having trouble recalling a single movie that sheds war in a positive light.....

My dislike of apocalypse now is only partly because of its political overtones. The movie was ridiculously over the top in regards to its portrayal of......everything.

I'm also a veteran but that had l

We clearly have a difference of opinion on that movie lol.

Yep! ;)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Always holding my rank 1 against a real rival who was a former teammate of mine (no need to mention his name). We just switch places with him sometimes but hold the top 2.

QBW5RA.jpg

3LP5D4.jpg

And I still manage to hold my rank 1. Don't you trust my judgement? And many people here confirmed that they also hold their top spots with Anakin. But the final decision is up to you of course. You can eşther trust us or with your own way.

That's close to the end game team I'm farming for. My plan is to have Dooku instead of Lumi, will try more possibilities though. Including this one
  • Ascansio
    270 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

QBW5RA.jpg

3LP5D4.jpg

That's close to the end game team I'm farming for. My plan is to have Dooku instead of Lumi, will try more possibilities though. Including this one

Dooku also fits in well, good call! Make sure to max your Rey before using her to increase her survival rate.

She can literally one shot anyone when she has a positive status effect.

Yoda will guard your team with Tenacity Up buff. He can crit of 8k with his basic! He's awesome, he's fun. Make sure to have him too.

QGJ shines with his speed boost to himself, Anakin and Yoda. His assist and 3rd skill are also devastating. Very valuable asset.

Anakin. Well, we talked about him for pages in this thread.

Lastly, Dooku is a beast with his speed. His bonus attacks are good, his counter threat also cripples your opponents aoe options.

Or you can try Poe or Lumi like me. Your call!
  • Options
    @somegame8861 It definitely works. Remember when The Force Awakens got into theaters, Jesse created a thread about the new heroes from TFA? He advised to use Poe with Anakin. Poe taunts, dies eventually taking all the damage, and Anakin goes frenzy with that.

I prefer Poe if my opponent has at least 2 anti Jedi heroes (like Tyranus and Sidious). If he has just 1, then I implement Lumi to give a healing boost to my team. This kinda disables Anakin's unique but keeping everyone alive on your team is also a good thing.

Good strategy, I have one contender to top spot in my tz, leave him 2 minutes, he beats me, AI is bad, as I beat him easily in 1:30
    So I am looking for faster kill team than 1:30. My previous team was fast, however Poe reliant. Still better I suppose to simply 50 gem reload your loss and still manage top spot. So looking at some options.
    I suppose quick offensive team and good defensive are two things now
  • Options

QBW5RA.jpg

3LP5D4.jpg

Dooku also fits in well, good call! Make sure to max your Rey before using her to increase her survival rate.

Yoda will guard your team with Tenacity Up buff. He can crit of 8k with his basic! He's awesome, he's fun. Make sure to have him too.

QGJ shines with his speed boost to himself, Anakin and Yoda. His assist and 3rd skill are also devastating. Very valuable asset.

Lastly, Dooku is a beast with his speed. His bonus attacks are good, his counter threat also cripples your opponents aoe options.

so what is your experience with/against RG?
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    Options
    The Clone Wars Cartoons do much better job of portraying Anakin.

He never comes across as whining. Instead he is portrayed as stubborn, aggressive to a fault, and loyal to people he cares deeply for. He will go to any end to protect those he cares about and constantly pushes the boundaries of right and wrong. Quite simply he is a juggernaut that will do what ever it takes to complete his mission. This is how I envision Anakin.

For those who do not know what I write of you should watch.
  • Options
    @somegame8861 Patience, my friend... Keep farming him and spend your resources on his gear. You won't be disappointed!

Yeah, I have only one place to fill in l70 QGJ jedi-lead meta, and it is not Anikin for me. Maybe yoda ... Luminara does well for now. Do not loose a single match, thought dropping below level 10 would be an improvement. If heroes opened with skill you want, maybe then it would be possible to hold well. I can now conclude that there is no team that can hold position in top 20 on defense. Unless someone posts otherwise.

Anakin is very good. Claiming he isn't means you either don't have him fully developed (geared, promoted, and don't have his skills at -or near- caps). Fully promoted and fully geared with low level skills, and yes he'll still underperform. But when completely maxed out and he's VERY viable in the meta, and actually fits into almost any composition. He hits hard (including AoE despite the claims of 2k -which is true if he has no buffs, doesn't crit, and lacks a leader that modifies damage in some form, so you can't really claim it always only does 2k), he has good speed (ties QGJ), and unless he's prioritized early, he can pretty much single-handedly change the outcome.

FINAL (and possibly the most significant) tip I'll give about Anakin (I'm sure many will despise me for giving this away): Make him leader, and include Yoda in the group. When Yoda does Battle Meditation, everyone in the group gets offense up... Yeah. That's pretty much "good game" in attacking (offensive) arena battles, and it's GREAT for "sniping" arena spots with little time left before payout.

Enjoy.
  • Options

And you're going to do what with that speed advantage? Cross your fingers immunity lands at 40% and it will not get resisted with 55% potency (especially on someone with high tenacity that you NEED it to land on like RG?) Or AOE for 5% of everyone's hp considering he will not have offence up that early.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Llewella wrote: »
    The Clone Wars Cartoons do much better job of portraying Anakin.

He never comes across as whining. Instead he is portrayed as stubborn, aggressive to a fault, and loyal to people he cares deeply for. He will go to any end to protect those he cares about and constantly pushes the boundaries of right and wrong. Quite simply he is a juggernaut that will do what ever it takes to complete his mission. This is how I envision Anakin.

For those who do not know what I write of you should watch.

I agree. I loved the way he was portrayed in TCW. It definitely gave a better representation of who he is and actually showed the steps of his fall. Before I saw it I was hesitant due to it being a cartoon; but it was ultimately rewarding.
  • Options
    SinnerWill wrote: »

Anakin is very good. Claiming he isn't means you either don't have him fully developed (geared, promoted, and don't have his skills at -or near- caps). Fully promoted and fully geared with low level skills, and yes he'll still underperform. But when completely maxed out and he's VERY viable in the meta, and actually fits into almost any composition. He hits hard (including AoE despite the claims of 2k -which is true if he has no buffs, doesn't crit, and lacks a leader that modifies damage in some form, so you can't really claim it always only does 2k), he has good speed (ties QGJ), and unless he's prioritized early, he can pretty much single-handedly change the outcome.

FINAL (and possibly the most significant) tip I'll give about Anakin (I'm sure many will despise me for giving this away): Make him leader, and include Yoda in the group. When Yoda does Battle Meditation, everyone in the group gets offense up... Yeah. That's pretty much "good game" in attacking (offensive) arena battles, and it's GREAT for "sniping" arena spots with little time left before payout.

Enjoy.

Good tip. I am looking for faster kill. On defense, though, Yoda opens with skill attack
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

QBW5RA.jpg

3LP5D4.jpg

Dooku is mostly to stun enemy QGJ. Yoda doesn't Battle Meditation when AI uses him, so when attscking, Dooku can actually stun some Jedi. Then he can be an annoying mosquito the rest of the battle, and maybe gain some TM if called by QGJ or enemy uses AOE. Poe or Stormtrooper Han are also obvious good chars because they can taunt, and die to fuel Anakin.

Geo Soldier is also an option, always, but if I can, I like to keep the teams a bit thematic.
  • Options
    thanks all, this one topic has given me equal amount of info I read entire time on forum
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I run QGJ (L), Anakin, Rey, ST Han, and Poe to great success. I handily beat Ascansio's teams and the Leia/Maul/whoever else team he showed earlier in the thread even when my guys were 5/6*. Obviously I can't prove anything but I don't think he started running Anakin until I started taking #1 spot. Having dual tanks helps to mitigate the need for Han to have a healer but it does hurt my DPS. I like Lumi but I just think that having a heal on the team is counterproductive to Anakin's strengths. In the near future I'm going to play around with replacing the tanks with some combination of Yoda, Dooku, and GS (blech). The trick to leveraging Anakin is that by using him in a team where he is the least threatening target you actually increase his threat level.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I agree about him in CW.

(SPOILER ALERT for those who haven't watched CW yet. And note that I am still on season 2 so please don't spoil the later seasons any more than they already have been for me by this forum. :(
    Perfect example, that episode where the Mandalorian duchess is being held hostage by some guy, and she disarms him, and he is taunting her because she's a pacifist and doesn't want to be a hypocrite, and also taunting Obi-Wan because he says Obi wouldn't want to kill him in cold blood in front of the duchess. And while this is happening, suddenly a blue lightsaber appears in the guy's chest and he drops the bomb trigger and he falls to the ground. Duchess and Obi-Wan both look at Anakin and he's like "What? He was going to blow up the ship." I never saw it coming.. though I should have.
    Even more perfect.. in the background music is a subtle rendition of Vader's theme from the OT. Perfectly done.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Anakin skywalker was a petty child who killed all the good jedi, allowed emperor to take power and kill millions. He helped to kill the Emperor in ROTJ but only after almost all jedi were mudrered and everyone on Alderaan was killed. Kenobi should have just left dumb child anakin on tattoine and called it a day.