Drop Rates

It feels as if drop rates for numerous things have been lowered. I went from getting 8-12 shards from Vet Han with 2-3 resets. The past 2 weeks it has been less than 6 every day with 2-3 resets. On top of that, In the last 2 weeks I have received only 3 Omega from the Challenges and only 2 zetas ship challenges. This is getting very frustrating. I want to know if anyone else has noticed this or was I just lucky before and its running out?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you record you data, it will show the drop rates have not changed. Yes you will see natural fluctuations but that's just how it works. Here is a post from another community member about his experiences
    Sure thing, it's not a very clear way of presenting it, sorry. I added two columns that should help, the per battle drop rate as a % and the exact character node.

Hard nodes (5 battles a day)
    energy | Shards Collected | days farming | delta (days) | per battle rate | Character
    • 20 | 55 | 34 | -0.7 | 32.4% | Holdo
    • 12 | 46 | 30 | -2.1 | 30.1% | Hoth Soldier
    • 12 | 41 | 30 | -5.2 | 27.3% | Sabine
    • 20 | 78 | 46 | +1.3 | 33.9% | Shoretrooper
    • 20 | 24 | 14 | +0.5 | 34.3% | Wicket
    • 20 | 23 | 14 | -0.1 | 32.9% | Baze

In terms of the time frame the OP mentioned the last 5 weeks. By coincidence I started these 6 farms right about that time. The "days farming" number is the number of days up to today of course so from just over 5 weeks for shore and two weeks for wicket and baze.

Hopefully that's more clear. On it's own I wouldn't want to predict the drop rate from such a small amount of data but together with a very strong prior from previous more extensive tracking indicating a drop rate of 30%-33% the numbers I'm seeing suggest no change. Hope it's helpful ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ sorry you seem to be seeing lower.

EDIT to add answer to question about ships: I'm only using ship energy for gear and I don't track any gear drops just hit sim and pray ;)

• Options
    Not everyone evens out.
    Ive run my main for 3 yrs and alt for nearly 2.
    My alt has always had better drop rates and has passed my main on zetas purely because of a better drop rate.
    Alt also gained vet shards twice as quick due to better drop rates.
    My main has always had terrible luck(rng) so when you say it evens out or goes through patches well im still waiting for that improvement to happen myself lol
  • Options
    After two years of playing, I can tell you there is a definitive difference in the drop rates on key characters. Vet Han, Vet Chewy, Sabine, DT, and many others are ridiculously low. By comparison, other less clutch characters throw shards around like it's a fire sale. I have had 5 straight days of zero shard drops on Vet Han. On the last supposed "double drop" weekend, I was routinely pulling 1 shard from 20+ attempts. Sabine is the most ridiculous grind I have ever experienced. You'd think she was the great meta busting character of the decade. There's no excuse for these ridiculously low drop rates other than to frustrate players into spending money.
    Invader Zim
    Sigma Deathwatch
    Rivals? We Ain't Got None!