Thinking out of the box II - devastating AoE team [VIDEO]

fberbert
593 posts Member
edited March 2016
Squad:

Phasma (L), Sidious, Lando, Maul and RG

1. Sidious runs his AoE attack;
2. RG will auto-taunt whenever someone tries to kill Lando or Maul. The goal here is to make Maul survive the first wave until Phasma takes action;
3. Phasma will grant 50% turn meter and advantage with Victory March;
4. Lando launchs Double Down;
5. Darth Maul can choose: use Raging Storm to kill any debilitated enemy to gain offense up or else use Whirling Blades to avoid a single dodge and lose the turn in basic attack.
6. The match is over! If not, we still have Phasma's Fusillade to go and Lando with another Double Down with 75% bonus damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNUFL9BG66s

My Lando is at 6 stars gears VII, he will be even better.

I didn't understand why Maul (94 spd) took action before Lando (104 spd) in the match.

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading.

VBZXOfR.jpg
Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
Post edited by fberbert on

Replies

• Options
    because Maul and Lando were both at 100% TM after victory march. If 2 people are at 100% TM then it is a dice roll for turn order.
  • Von
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Cool stuff again. Try Sid (L), Lando, Vader, IG88, Royal Guard. I think you will be able to one hit everyone with IG88 if Sid and Vader Dots are on. It won't work in PVP, but atleast its fun to see.
  • Options
    Not exactly outside the box. But ok.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    I'm interested in the viability of this squad as well.
  • Options
    Good job! I think it's better to make sid leader, it gives extra crit chance and damage. That's really good with aoe attacks (and especially lando). Phasma lead doesn't do much in this team.
    Wonder how you will do vs a QGJ lead team
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Good job! I think it's better to make sid leader, it gives extra crit chance and damage. That's really good with aoe attacks (and especially lando). Phasma lead doesn't do much in this team.

I choose Phasma because Maul. An extra attack outside his turn can make he finish a Jedi and get 100% turn meter.

Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    Seems like a nasty team to go against. A team with Rey, QGJ, GS may be able to kill either Maul or Lando.

Usually they will kill Maul first. Then RG can hold them up but not too long and Lando is next. If they use Daka and fast warriors w/assist and Lumi they may be able to kill Maul and heal 100% and you'd depend a lot of Phasma assists to win.

Vs a slow team this setup is deadly!
  • Options
    fberbert wrote: »
    Squad:

Phasma (L), Sidious, Lando, Maul and RG

1. Sidious runs his AoE attack;
    2. RG will auto-taunt whenever someone tries to kill Lando or Maul. The goal here is to make Maul survive the first wave until Phasma takes action;
    3. Phasma will grant 50% turn meter and advantage with Victory March;
    4. Lando launchs Double Down;
    5. Darth Maul can choose: use Raging Storm to kill any debilitated enemy to gain offense up or else use Whirling Blades to avoid a single dodge and lose the turn in basic attack.
    6. The match is over! If not, we still have Phasma's Fusillade to go and Lando with another Double Down with 75% bonus damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNUFL9BG66s

My Lando is at 6 stars gears VII, he will be even better.

I didn't understand why Maul (94 spd) took action before Lando (104 spd) in the match.

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading.

Wow that Maul with advantage is super scary. It NEEDS to die immediately!!!

• Slayvoff
    139 posts Member
    Options
    id like to see you face a squad without having sent in fodder already to use up the other teams specials...this isnt really a fair demonstration of your squad's viability
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    Slayvoff wrote: »
    id like to see you face a squad without having sent in fodder already to use up the other teams specials...this isnt really a fair demonstration of your squad's viability

They had all specials. I didn't use suicide teams before, as you can see, all of them have 100% HP. It is all about RNG.
  • Options

I choose Phasma because Maul. An extra attack outside his turn can make he finish a Jedi and get 100% turn meter.

I think that chance is too small, it's 18% to proc an assist and then 25% to trigger maul for the attack (4,5% chance). On defense maul will probably be killed before your team moves. With sid lead the AOE from the others (without maul) will maybe kill someone.
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options

I think that chance is too small, it's 18% to proc an assist and then 25% to trigger maul for the attack (4,5% chance). On defense maul will probably be killed before your team moves. With sid lead the AOE from the others (without maul) will maybe kill someone.

Make sense. Thanks for the input!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lol, right the end, when he switched target off Lumi and on to Ben, did anyone else go "No! No!" ;)

Fun vid - thanks for posting.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    This video is somewhat biased only because of Maul. Nothing is more brutal against a Jedi team... as long as he survives to attack even once the potential is tremendous. He can either clean up low hp Jedi and give himself offense up.. And once one or more is dead he gets bonuses for the remainder of the match. When it works he will just wipe the floor with any Jedi opponents and do 10k+ aoe attacks and equal damage single attacks... Once he gets going it's brutal against a heavy Jedi team.
    I run a heavy Jedi team on my server (QGJ (L), Aayla, Lumi, Old Ben and RG) but I will sub out old Ben for Maul vs a team with 3 or more Jedi... when I do Maul will rip the other team to shreds. As long as he survives the first round it's over for any Jedi heavy team. It's either avoid or kill him first when I am attacking a team with Maul on it. A fun character for sure but he can be taken out pretty easily so I suppose that balances it out
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    @Pindasauskanon I have a try with Sid as lead, check out the sick result (Maul):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LC5ekfTaHA

• Options
    @Pindasauskanon I have a try with Sid as lead, check out the sick result (Maul):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LC5ekfTaHA

Nice! Crazy AOE dmg 14k?! Maybe it's time to give the arena a try with this set up. It should do fine on offense I think. Only on defense phasma usually use fusillade first
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options

Nice! Crazy AOE dmg 14k?! Maybe it's time to give the arena a try with this set up. It should do fine on offense I think. Only on defense phasma usually use fusillade first

On defense I doubt AI would hit the basic Maul's stroke first as well. They need to improve Arena's AI asap in order to make different setups viable.

VBZXOfR.jpg