8x speed arena

We need an 8x speed in arena.

Matches just take way too long now with toons like traya, sith trooper, sion, nest, bastila lead jedis, arena matches are taking close to the full 5 minutes.

It's annoying to time out when you have 4-5 toons alive and they have 1 or 2 left

I say this as someone who has traya and a G12+ jedi squad.

Replies

• Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Might as well just add simming to squad and ship arenas, at that point. :o
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    deleted for 2x post
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Doubtful.. More sounds like impatients honestly. Just hit auto at that point and look the other way. We where lucky to get the 4x.. 8 would just be a waste of resources

People who do not want 8x would most likely be running a Timeout team...

It just seems anyone against a QOL like 8x has something to
    gain by not having it. Like your nest or bastilla or mace, clsgt, rex, protection combo timeouts etc.

Timeout teams are cheese IMO to each their own

EDIT : if 4x was not in ships right now everyone would be running mace still on defense he would still stink on offense but you could pretty much make a timeout team that would be solid on 1x...try it if you have the g12 max rex, clone sgt, biggs, consular, plo..... never ending taunt switch protection

EDIT 2 : hmm even on 4x in a newbie shard..... prob viable lot less gear tho..interesting
  • Options
    At 8x im not sure i will know whats going on...6x?
  • Options
    5x would be great, across the board for going through battles quickly. This game is a massive time dump so to get a little back because the battles go quicker is desirable.
  • Options
    I don't run timeout squads and I'm against this. There aren't enough timeout teams for this to make sense to me. Every one I'm aware of has a solid counter. The answer, it seems to me, is not longer battles but better strategy.

With that said, I'm not strongly opposed to this and if they do add 8x I'll adjust my strategy and carry on.
  • Options
    Why not just remove the arbitrary timer from arena battles altogether and just let both sides slug it out to the last man? I don't need help being saved from a loss when I'm being attacked and neither does anyone I'm trying to defeat.
  • Options
    Valarius wrote: »
    Why not just remove the arbitrary timer from arena battles altogether and just let both sides slug it out to the last man? I don't need help being saved from a loss when I'm being attacked and neither does anyone I'm trying to defeat.

Without the timer, someone could just lock himself at first place until his payout. Or grief everybody by locking himself in first place until his Internet connection drops lol.
  • Options
    Had back to back timeouts a few days ago running Bastila / Hoda / GMY / Sion / Thrawn vs Traya / x / Nest (I think x was Thrawn in both instances). One match I definitely would have won. One still had a questionable outcome. Beating well-modded meta teams is challenging enough. Doing it within a time limit adds an unnecessary frustration to what can already be a joyless endeavor.

We play to be entertained, not to be annoyed. I see no harm in adding this and have yet to see a viable reason not to do it outside of "get good".
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Valarius wrote: »

Without the timer, someone could just lock himself at first place until his payout. Or grief everybody by locking himself in first place until his Internet connection drops lol.

How do you figure? There is no one else to challenge at such a rank and being in battle does not lock in your current position. I have defeated players in the arena before only to be told their position is no longer valid. I have also come out to find my position lower regardless of defeat or victory. Unless someone else challenging a player prevents you from fighting them at the same time? Then I could see how this is a possibility.
  • Options
    You are mistaken. You cannot be challenged while you are already engaged in battle.