Which ships to farm right at the start?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I went with Biggs, Vader, Phoenix, Boba, FOTP initially. Biggs is the only one I don't need for other game modes yet, but he'll be useful later. I added KRU and TFP for DS challenges and Ahsoka and Poe for LS. You need building materials as much as you need ability mats.

Now that Biggs and Phoenix ships are 7*, I can farm Sun Fac from the fleet store without slowing down ship upgrades. I need 4 more shards to get Slave 1 to 6*, and I'll probably leave it there for a while. Sun Fac is almost 7* and his ship is almost 5*. As soon as I 7* Farmboy for CLS, I'll work on the other two Geos.

If I'd have worked on Geos first, I wouldn't have GMY or be ready for R2/CLS next month. I probably wouldn't be able to complete L80 credit heists (G10 Boba, G9 Lando are clutch). I also wouldn't be completing most of the Assault Battles (Vader shards, Mods, Omegas, etc). The Geos are meta at 85 with their ship Omegas, but not worth sacrificing everything else in the meantime.
  • Options
    I went with Biggs, Vader, Phoenix, Boba, FOTP initially. Biggs is the only one I don't need for other game modes yet, but he'll be useful later. I added KRU and TFP for DS challenges and Ahsoka and Poe for LS. You need building materials as much as you need ability mats.

Now that Biggs and Phoenix ships are 7*, I can farm Sun Fac from the fleet store without slowing down ship upgrades. I need 4 more shards to get Slave 1 to 6*, and I'll probably leave it there for a while. Sun Fac is almost 7* and his ship is almost 5*. As soon as I 7* Farmboy for CLS, I'll work on the other two Geos.

If I'd have worked on Geos first, I wouldn't have GMY or be ready for R2/CLS next month. I probably wouldn't be able to complete L80 credit heists (G10 Boba, G9 Lando are clutch). I also wouldn't be completing most of the Assault Battles (Vader shards, Mods, Omegas, etc). The Geos are meta at 85 with their ship Omegas, but not worth sacrificing everything else in the meantime.

I’m just lazy! They only take about 2 weeks to reach 5* :)
  • Options
    You aren't going to stay on top in Fleet very long with 5* G8 pilots in your starting lineup. Taking them higher means you aren't gearing toons you're going to use other places and possibly getting behind on cantina farms for legendaries. Starting with Geos isn't a bad choice for fleet, but other choices offer more overall value.
  • Shadowscream
    971 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You aren't going to stay on top in Fleet very long with 5* G8 pilots in your starting lineup. Taking them higher means you aren't gearing toons you're going to use other places and possibly getting behind on cantina farms for legendaries. Starting with Geos isn't a bad choice for fleet, but other choices offer more overall value.

You miss my point.....they are easy to reach 5* and easy to reach 7*..of course they aren’t staying at that level! It’s just you need 5* to get 6* Executrix....
    And it’s VERY easy to get with these ships.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Along those lines, multi-crew ships take much more effort to power up.

If you went with Phoenix as your arena team then Ghost & Phantom are viable fairly early on, if you prioritize them in your fleet shard buying.

If you did not build up Phoenix for your first arena team, you will find it a lot easier to power up a couple of single pilot ships.