How long does it take you to acquire 20 Zetas?

2Next

Replies

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I have the nightsisters almost all 7*, but idk if I could ever justify investing resources to the ewoks. Just like I'd rather buy crit mods than invest in jawas. Is getting the ewoks worth the amount of zetas u get?
  • Options
    I get one about every 2 weeks. 2 every TW, 4-6 per week from challenges, and I buy them from the Fleet store. It’s really not as terrible as I’d feared.

My ships are suffering a bit though, so I can say that it’s a trade-off.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    I'm about every 3 weeks as even though getting 1st in fleet want to maintain that / need Rex etc so some resources go that way
  • Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    I have the nightsisters almost all 7*, but idk if I could ever justify investing resources to the ewoks. Just like I'd rather buy crit mods than invest in jawas. Is getting the ewoks worth the amount of zetas u get?

You only need to get wicket to 7*
  • Options
    Y'all are lucky. I started buying from fleet store again (was really pushing to 7* all ships from there) because i was averaging ONE mat a week from the three challenges for the last 7 weeks :/
  • Options

In addition to the zetas, Ewoks are worth investing in as an attack team in TW. You dont need them that highly geared to be effective against a number of lineups. A little bit of speed to get one going then the TM gain and assists takes care of the rest. I find they work really well against phoenix squads even ones that are substantially more powerful.
  • Options
    Thanks that's good info. What is the best expo line up?
  • Options
    I have 5 zeta abilities right now. It took considerably longer to get my first 2, but my average time to get the last 3 was just over 18 days each. So figure between 2-3 weeks.
  • Options
    I meant to ask about "Ewok" line ups not *expo.

@ObiJuanPollo: Yes I just finished the DOD event, it's a solid payout. Is the Endor event similar to the DOD event where you can just have 7* wicket and then use any character to beat the event?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I’m about to get zeta #48....

It was slow at first but I’ve devoted what I could towards getting them (ship currency primarily) since they were introduced...

Seems faster now... like stated above about 2 every three weeks...

Still its never even remotely enough to keep up with all the new characters and all the zetas that are introduced..

Regardless it’s fun to try them out and experiment with different things :)
  • cdhek
    61 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    How long does it take?
    Best zeta farming strategies?

Use your ship tolkens to buy zeta salvage. Note: your rank heavily affects the speed at which you acquire them .. poor rank gets you 800 per day, another 70 if you complete all daily challenges .. so that can work out to 46 to 50 days for a full 20 zeta salvage. Being in the top 5 ship arena can cut that time in half.

Farm nightsisters and ewoks. Specifically you’ll neeed Mother T and Wicket at 7* respectively .. that can get you another 4-8 zeta salvage per month per squad, though 99% of the time it’s 4 per month per squad. Still very good.

So really, some people are getting 1 - 2 complete zetas per month and for other players it takes about 2 months to complete a single zeta if they are focusing .. some part time players who aren’t buying zetas from the fleet shop and not logging in may not get a single complete zeta in a full year.

Oh and yes ..

Get in a guild that can win TW matches. Overall guild size greatly changes how many zeta you can acquire in this method. So top end guilds get 3 zeta salvage for a win and 2 for a loss. Low end guilds may not get any zeta salvage if they are too small.
  • Options
    Ive done 2 zetas in the past 3-4 weeks. All my fleet currency goes to zeta mats so ill typically get 1 mat every other day and Ill get 2-3 per tw. Plus whatever drops from the challenges and the now the ones from the daily log in. Mine have been adding up quick lately
  • Options
    @Yerff_Caasi: You mentioned getting them from challenges every week. What challenges are you referring to?
  • Options
    Ship ability mat challenges. Both the last two tiers drop them. That’s a max potential of 12 per week right there, though in actuality it’s more like 3.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    Ok thanks for clarifying that
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Ship ability mat challenges. Both the last two tiers drop them. That’s a max potential of 12 per week right there, though in actuality it’s more like 3.

Average droprate is 2/3 per challenge (4 per week) on average, when tracking for more than a year (before they added the new tier dropping ship omegas) according to a post from spring this year.
  • Options
    Here also between 2-3 weeks just from fleet shipments, challenges and TW. Think that's good because zetas would get less important if they were easy to obtain.
  • K33p3r_ofthe_C00L
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    If you get rank 1 in fleet daily, you will be able to get 8 mats in 9 days.
    Considering TW, challenges and events (NS/Ewoks), my fastest so far is 8 days.
    TW - 3
    Challenges - 2+2+1
    NS Event - 4
    Fleet Purchases - 8

On average (without the events) I would go for 12-13 days
  • Options
    The fleet ability mat challenge happens 3 times a week. Why do you have 2+2+1, isnt there three chances to get 2 mats? 2+2+2
  • Options
    @K33p3r_ofthe_COOL : How are you calculating 2+2+1 for challenges?
  • Options
    The fleet ability mat challenge happens 3 times a week. Why do you have 2+2+1, isnt there three chances to get 2 mats? 2+2+2

I think he is saying that is what he actually got on his fastest zeta farm. Technically you can get 4 per challenge day, so he could have gotten 12.
  • Options
    I get a zeta every other day from fleet shipments and with the challenges/TW/events it’s every 2 weeks to get 20. They’re not the problem the omegas are
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    @Bulldog1205 : That makes sense, thanks
  • Options
    Is there a difference in zeta drops between tier 3 and 4 of the ship ability mat challenge?
  • Options
    Is there a difference in zeta drops between tier 3 and 4 of the ship ability mat challenge?

No difference that I noticed. Should be the same
  • Options
    Getting very quick for me now. After getting talzin and wicket to 7* famrkng them every day and tw paying out either 2or 3per TW. I'd agree with above around 2weeks.

I'm about to get 20 today actually do I'll track exactly how long it takes me after this

22 as of today. So yesterday 26th.

15th of August to 26th to farm a full zeta.
    11days isn't bad at all
  • Options
    What significance does having Talzin or wicket bring to getting zetas?

When they're 7*whenever their event comes around you get 2-4 zetas per attempt on the bonus tier
  • Options
    Thanks Boba. I have Talzin, starting farm wicket now but **** it could take a while. What tier ship ability mats challenge are you? Do you know if the highest tier has a higher zeta drop rate?
  • Options
    2-3 weeks, depending on:
    - Talzin event (4 Z maths in two days)
    - Win or lose in TW
    - Drop rate from the challenge.
    I buy a zeta math every two days in the fleet store.