HalfFace01 Dev Interview - Mod Loadout and Filters

2Next

Replies

• Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like the idea of mod loadouts. I don't think it's good gameplay to have players do constant mod swaps of their best mods among all their toons. CG should be RESTRICTING mod changeovers, not facilitating them.

Personally, I'd rather have a 24-hour cooldown on mod swaps. Even with the new mod loadout system, they could still implement that, but it would encourage players to develop mods that are toon specific, rather than stat specific. And considering we're getting our own mod energy, I think that makes plenty of sense.
  • Options
    Degs29 wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of mod loadouts. I don't think it's good gameplay to have players do constant mod swaps of their best mods among all their toons. CG should be RESTRICTING mod changeovers, not facilitating them.

Personally, I'd rather have a 24-hour cooldown on mod swaps. Even with the new mod loadout system, they could still implement that, but it would encourage players to develop mods that are toon specific, rather than stat specific. And considering we're getting our own mod energy, I think that makes plenty of sense.

I'm not sure what percentage of people move mods for raids, but I'd hazard a guess that a much larger percentage currently only move mods for legendary events. I had a guildmate change mod sets multiple times for CLS trying to complete the last stage. A 24 hour cooldown probably would have prevented him from getting CLS, and he'd be stuck waiting another three months. And personally, I don't want to cripple my arena team for 24 hours just because I discover Vet Chewy needs better mods.

And I don't see the issue with CG adapting to how the players play the game. It would be near-impossible to get enough great mods to cover all your bases and never move them.
  • Options
    Degs29 wrote: »

Interesting opinions. 99.9% of players I think disagree with you, and will be benefited from unrestricted load outs and change overs. Not all of us are whales and can afford 50+ unique amazing stat mod sets.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb shout out for the transcription !!!! Ty.