Building up a Jedi team (total beginner)

SJ76
16 posts Member
r9s9udpyhcda.png

Here’s my current Jedi

Would appreciate any advice on what to develop

I’m a new f2p player so can’t get more stars for bastila and jolee

Replies

• JohnLove11
    153 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    i wouldn't recommend starting with a Jedi team but if you insisted on it then i would recommend Ezra for sure, easy to farm up, deals big damage, calls others to assist, can remove enemy buffs. Old Ben is probably the best tanks you can get but if he is tough for you to get then Kanan is a good replacement. Qui Gon is also good and his leader ability adds speed which is useful. Ashoka is a good attacker who is easily accessible and also has a ship which is a bonus and JC is a good beginner healer who is also easily accessible and has a ship. Mace is not very good at all in my opinion and his capital ship isn't the best either.

If i were in your position i would go for Qui Gon (L), Kanan/Old Ben, JC, Ezra and Ashoka if you were going to focus on a Jedi team

Note - i have only recommended heros that you are able to farm easily early game and get up to 5* and above on a F2P account (which you will need for Grand Master Yoda event) hence why no Bastila/Jolee. Bastila is absolutely incredible as a leader and if you wanted to go for the strongest team i would definitely include her as your leader, but as you are limited to 3* (4* if you buy the pack) then i would avoid her for now if you are looking to build a team for the GMY event.

Edit - There are many more better Jedi Healers than JC including Luminara/Barris etc, but as you have JC already 5* G7 i would continue with him for his ship until you can replace him later with a better healer
  • SJ76
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks that’s a great help.

Can I ask another then?

If I wasn’t going for Jedi this early who would I go for?

k87ohot4e5rl.png

That’s my current top characters.

I hear loads about “get Phoenix team or get this team or this other team. But mostly I’d have to pick one or two people per day to try and farm for cantina energy.

There are so many things you “could” get.

Any advice welcome
  • Options
    It is a pretty standard answer but Phoenix are the best first team to go for. They boss GW everyday and you can use them to unlock Palp and Thrawn when those events come around which is huge. Its only Ezra and Hera that share Cantina energy, the rest are easy to farm. Chopper is Cantina Store, Kanan is Squad Arena Store and Zeb is Galactic War Store so you can farm 4/5 of them up at the same time. They also have 2 ships which are pretty decent.

If you want to avoid the standard Phoenix team then you could go for a rebels team with Wiggs, Lando, STHam and Leia. It looks like you are a little bit off any team so you can really do whatever you want. If you want Thrawn for your Empire team then you'll have to do Phoenix no matter what but if you're not bothered about him you can literally go in any direction you want. Jedi seem like a good team right now with Bastila Lead, Ezra, Kanan/Old Ben, GMY (when you unlock him) and a 5th of your choice. Going by your original post if thats what you want to do then go for it. Jedi are in a good place right now if you ask me
  • SJ76
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    If you want a Jedi team, the quickest way to get one running is to use what you have (which ain't bad) and farm the rest from non-competing locations.

In cantina battles, Ezra is a great damage dealer, you need him on a Jedi team. Once you have him, you can get Old Ben to tank for you. Eventually you can get Anakin.

Qui-Gon is a solid Jedi lead but Bastila is so much better. QGJ is still good in support but you already have Ahsoka going so stick to that. And just forget about Guardian.

Get Kanan from squad arena. Mace has promise and is good at dispelling taunts, but that's all he is really good at. Better off getting Kanan.

Bindo seems like a better choice than JC to me and already have him 3*. Great place to work from.

So for now: Bastila (L), Bindo, Mace, Ahsoka, Kanan.
    Soon: Bastila (L), Bindo, Ezra, Ahsoka, Kanan
    Later: Bastila (L), Bindo, Ezra, Ahsoka, Old Ben
    And then: Bastila (L), Yoda, Ezra, JKA, Old Ben

Remember: low stars are not deal breakers for arena or LS/Cantina battles, so do not let that stop you from developing them. Gear is what makes a hero great.

My 2 cents.
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I’m switching from Sith/Empire to Jedi right now!
    I’d suggest waiting until lvl 85 and only after you have your EPalpatine/Empire Team, Phoenix and Scoundrels well established.
    If you do want to do a little preparation for Jedi - then push Ezra and Kanan in your Phoenix Team to the maximum - you will learn to hate Stun Guns! Also farm & Gear Old Ben as you need him for unlocking CLS anyway.
    You need x5 7* Jedi to unlock GMYoda and this will give u three of them.

Once Bastila is farmable she is absolutely key! But i bet they put her on a hard node!!

For your other 2 Jedi to unlock GMY there are a few options
    1) JConsular - not a great character :( but his ship is useful for quite a while (keeps the tanking ship alive).
    2) QGJ - the best leader until you get GMY or Bastila. He can be useful on Rancor teams. He’s also very easy to gear.
    3) Luminara - there are more important things in her store.....
    4) Ahsoka - has a ship... so worth considering. Has synergy with JKA —> I’ve always been tempted to try these two.
    5) Barriss - the best Jedi Healer & a great Zeta. However if you run a Bastila team she’s wasted for a large portion of the fight.

Personally if I did it again I’d gear up JC and Ahsoka for their ships! And use them to unlock GMY.
  • Options
    should have said why I don’t recommend Jedi at the start!
    They are poor without Zetas on Bastila and GMY at a minimum. So until you can Zeta these too then don’t run Jedi in Arena.... You can prepare them though!
  • Options
    The reason you hear lots of "get Phoenix" suggestions isn't just that they're a strong team with great synergies that lead to 2 Legendary characters (ok, it's mostly that), but they area also a team that you can largely farm all at once. The only two that have the same farming location are Ezra and Hera.

But back to the jedi, even though I wouldn't recommend farming them this early on, I would say:

#1: Get Ezra. He's probably the best Jedi damage dealer you can get, and he'll give you a leg up on your Phoenix farming for when you ultimately decide to start that.

#2a: Old Ben. You're going to want a tank, and he's one of the best. He'll be a tank you can use now and pretty much as long as you want to run a jedi squad. Farm him with confidence!

#2b: Kanan. Kanan is probably the first guy you'll want to farm out of the squad store regardless (another Phoenix), and he'll be a decent fill-in while you're working on Old Ben. But I wouldn't plan on using him as a mainstay on your jedi team.

#3: QGJ. If you're using your crystals on cantina energy refreshes (I would suggest you do this to both get Ezra/Ben quicker), then you'll get the store currency. Chopper and Boba are usually the two I suggest farming first, but getting QGJ gives you another strong all-around jedi who you can use as your leader if you wish. You aren't so far ahead on Ahsoka that you should worry about switching focus to QGJ.

#4: Luminara. Really just because she's a fast farm and the quicker you get 5 jedi farmed to high star levels, the sooner you'll be able to get Grand Master Yoda. You can use JC until she's ready, but I wouldn't farm him any further. He's probably one of your best at the moment, but he'll soon be passed by the others, and once he is, you won't use him so it's just a waste of resources hitting his nodes. Luminara is a better healer than JC and does decent damage too. You can't farm Bastila or Jolee so in order to get Yoda, you'll have to farm another jedi to use for his event.

Bastila/Ezra/Jolee/Ben/QGJ, then replace one with GMY

Just $0.02 from a guy who doesn't run jedi anywhere so take it for what it's worth.
  • Options
    SJ76 wrote: »
    If I wasn’t going for Jedi this early who would I go for?

Phoenix

Empire

3 good Scoundrels

And personally, still, Rebels. Good for early Arena and you need many of them for CLS.

• Options
    I'm with you CJ, I still believe Rebels to be one of the better factions to build first. I still use mine a lot, even though they've never been my arena team
  • Options
    I went with Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben, Mace, and Ahsoka to unlock GMY. Ahsoka's ship is solid, and she was easier to fit into my farming schedule than JC. I already had Mace at 4-5* from Fleet training, I could get the rest from SA shop without impacting my ability to get STH and Leia before CLS event, and I didn't want to lose 22 days of ship shards from GW to farm Lumpy.

Im gearing up GMY now, and then I'll transition to Bastilla, GMY, Ezra, Old Ben, and Kanan. I'll replace Kanan with GK/Hoda when I unlock them.
  • Options
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I'm with you CJ, I still believe Rebels to be one of the better factions to build first. I still use mine a lot, even though they've never been my arena team

Served me proud...that Wedge, Biggs, Leia, Lando, STHan combo, early days - for me they were my first step up in the game. And yes, still use them.