Sion debuff vs GK counter...

Only just noticed that in arena battles when I use Sions debuff move against a full team of Jedi with the counter buff on. They will still counter before losing the buff. Is this normal?

Replies

• Options
    Typically any ability that does damage and any status changes will do damage first then the status change. So in this case the retribution buff is still active when they damaged, then it is removed. Any "after turn" actions are then taken, like retribution.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Kipagami wrote: »
    Typically any ability that does damage and any status changes will do damage first then the status change. So in this case the retribution buff is still active when they damaged, then it is removed. Any "after turn" actions are then taken, like retribution.

But torment still does damage to toons with foresight, so it must be stripping buffs before applying damage.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I believe torment strips buff before dealing damage, but torment also can't be evaded, so foresight doesn't matter

OP, was this against a Bastila team?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kipagami wrote: »

This.

I think the only one they changed to before damage was daze.
  • Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    I believe torment strips buff before dealing damage, but torment also can't be evaded, so foresight doesn't matter

OP, was this against a Bastila team?

Yes it was
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Her unique, Legendary Battle Meditation gives Jedi 70% counter chance. Retribution was dispelled, Jedi countered anyway

... or at least, that's what I wanna say. that should of been dispelled too, as far as I know

maybe Sion deals damage first, but because he can't be evaded it goes through and wipes foresight
  • Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    maybe Sion deals damage first, but because he can't be evaded it goes through and wipes foresight
    I think it's that