Darth Nihilus Bug

It has happened since the NS roll back and at first I thought it was because of him being debuffed. He wasn't shocked which I know prevents selfheal. This has happened multiple occasion in arena and other events. All my other party members selfheal fine.

CG_TopHat you can review my last arena battle where DN has no debuffs and yet doesn't heal when I use annihilate?. To be honest it's getting frustrating. I went back and read the Annihilate description in case something was changed and it looks the same as I can recall.

I'm going to try and record any fight using my DN team if it doesn't lag everything to bad. Has anybody else had an issues with this happening? Or am I just missing something.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    DN does no damage when using annhilate in arena therfore there can be no heal, he simply destroys the target. You will see no damage numbers. Health steal requires damage to be done, (yellow, blue or red numbers flashing up).

Gaining Max health is not healing either it is increasing the max available health pool he has and is very hard to see a difference in game.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Right he gains max health(adds to total health) not health like health steal.
  • Options
    As said above he instantly defeats the target when using Annihilate, gaining increased Max health in the process, when using it against regular characters. He does heal himself though, when using it against raid bosses. But then he does not gain an increase to his Max health.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Hope this doesn't really hijack the thread, but when DN receives this Max health, does it count as health that needs to be healed or no.

Say Nihilus has 50/100 health

uses annihilate on a toon w/ 100 health does he have

150/200 or 50/200
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    Hope this doesn't really hijack the thread, but when DN receives this Max health, does it count as health that needs to be healed or no.

Say Nihilus has 50/100 health

uses annihilate on a toon w/ 100 health does he have

150/200 or 50/200

It seems to maintain the same % (health bar doesn't change) so in your example, at 50% health, it would be 100/200. This is only guessing since they done show us numbers.
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I am having a problem and it only started since the critolyte update and the rollback. I know DN will not heal even with Annihilate if he is shocked or heal debuff but before that was the only debuff that kept him from self healing. My DN does not heal at all when he does Annihilate even when not debuffed at all. This has only happened since the update/rollback? If my tablet I will record my fights to show him not healing after doing his special.

Was something changed? I know or thought you guys were doing something with self heal. CG can review me past 10 arena fights if they want they will see he doesn't heal at all buffed, non buffed, or debuffed except for shocked or non heal.

He heals perfectly fine doing any of his other attacks. Anybody else experienced this problem it would be really odd if I am the only ome
  • Options
    Where does it say in the description of annihilate that he heals? All he does is gain max health, he doesn’t actually recover any health.
  • Options
    Your question has already been answered the first time you asked it. The thread was just moved to Arena & Character Strategy.
    Here's the link to it:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/179246/darth-nihilus-bug#latest
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options
    He only heals with his lead or with health steal up on. Otherwise no healing.
  • Options
    Your question has already been answered the first time you asked it. The thread was just moved to Arena & Character Strategy.
    Here's the link to it:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/179246/darth-nihilus-bug#latest

This. Already been answered. Nothing has changed. He's never healed when using anihililate.
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    That's not right. When he annihilates he gains max health equal to the target and under his lead ability every time a sith does damage they gain health 150%. Those combined means he heals because he does damage . it shows it over the toons head getting detroyed?. So yes he should heal every time he annihilates. Yes before you say something else he is lead with zeta.pyvf8m7sy66u.png
    7x5k4euwvtmk.png
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    That's not right. When he annihilates he gains max health equal to the target and under his lead ability every time a sith does damage they gain health 150%. Those combined means he heals because he does damage . it shows it over the toons head getting detroyed?. So yes he should heal every time he annihilates. Yes before you say something else he is lead with zeta.

He destroys a toon without doing damage. The only time annihilate does damage is versus a Raid Boss. Under a Nihilus lead he will heal himself at that point, but otherwise will not.

You have to understand how the health bar works. The visible bar that's shown is a representation of the % of his health. When the bar is full, he's at 100% health (be it 30k or 500k), and when the bar is half full, he's at 50% health (be it 50% of 30k = 15k or 50% of 500k = 250k). When he annihilates another character, his maximum health increases by that quantity - however, his percentage of health remains the same.

If Nihilus had 30k health, and annihilates a character with 50k health, his new max health is 80k. If he was at 100% health (i.e. 30k) at the time, then he is still at 100% health - but that numerical value is now 80k instead of 30k.

If Nihilus' max health was 30k, but he was at 50%, then his numerical health value would be at 15k. If he annihilates a 50k character, then his new maximum health is now 80k. However, he is still at 50% value, so his new numerical value is 40k (50% of 80k).

Neither of those situations involves damage being dealt. You *think* damage is being dealt because you are conflating damage with defeating a character. However, in this case he is not dealing damage to that character.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    That's not right. When he annihilates he gains max health equal to the target and under his lead ability every time a sith does damage they gain health 150%. Those combined means he heals because he does damage . it shows it over the toons head getting detroyed?. So yes he should heal every time he annihilates. Yes before you say something else he is lead with zeta.pyvf8m7sy66u.png
    7x5k4euwvtmk.png

Sith don't gain 150% health when they do damage. They have 150% health steal which means they recover health equal to 150% of the damage done. Key part is doing damage
    Destroying a target does no damage.

hFuNNim.png

Go record a video and annhilate a character. Watch the video in slow motion you will see no damage done the opponent just dies.

Or use another uploaded video
    vid from May 21 2018
    https://youtu.be/l5aQjh61fU0?t=1m30s

I even converted the annhilate for you to a gif running at 25% speed.
    l7EJYlK.gif

Annhilate vs a non-raid boss does no damage so you can't health steal. Been like this from the start.