Top arena using a Resistance team

D4ni
10 posts Member
Cheking out my arena top players I've seen that top #1 is a player currently using this team:

JTR (251 speed)
R2D2 (249 speed)
BB8 (291 speed)
Resistance trooper (169 speed)
Poe Dameron (245 speed)

(all of them full Zetaed and max geared (G12 at least)

The top 20 are the usual Traya, EP, Bastila and other JTR teams
For me its a bit hard to believe so I was thinking on Traya, JTR (but never using Poe And RT), EP and Bastila teams were the current META

what do you think? Should I try to invest all my effort (gear, zetas and mods) on this resistance team, specially in Poe and RT?

I never expected Poe Dameron or even RT (both without any zeta ability) as part of the top arena team! LoL

maybe the key is just the huge speed this resistance team has I guess

Replies

• Options
    Who did that team drop to take #1? I bet it was an EP lead squad. I also bet that team is either switched out for defense or drops out of the top 50 overnight.

It's a very specific counter team. If you don't have the characters already then I wouldn't suggest focusing on it.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Just an FYI the top team in my shard yesterday was Night sisters. All that means is it was the last team they used. Teams that have deep rosters will use them to jump teams that are set up to defend, Treya or Bastia teams.
  • Options
    Sometimes one resistance bravado from Poe is all it takes. I run that team in arena. Lots of dispells with RT/Rey. I haven't beat a two tank Traya team though.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    The current treya meta is the slowest meta for a while. Poe has the same base speed as thrawn who is the fastest character in the meta treya lead team.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Not saying go all in, but you already know JTR is great and RT helps big time in raids. I'd at least go for him.
  • Options
    I have been reliably beating Traya lead teams using JTR, bb8, R2, Scav rey, and Trooper. I stacked crit chance on most of them up 70+% in panel. I have rarely lost a match to a Traya lead team since, and usually if I do, it's because Nest is in the team and Trooper goes too often to actually let Nest take enough turns for me to kill her with basics.

Poe is not the answer to Traya (though I'm sure he probably helps, It's to use JTR's assist right away, and then use BB8's basic far more often than covert data transfer to trigger exposes and tm gain so you can blow up 2-3 of their characters before they take a turn. I hardly ever use mind tricks against Traya teams either. The endless tm train is far more beneficial.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I have been reliably beating Traya lead teams using JTR, bb8, R2, Scav rey, and Trooper. I stacked crit chance on most of them up 70+% in panel. I have rarely lost a match to a Traya lead team since, and usually if I do, it's because Nest is in the team and Trooper goes too often to actually let Nest take enough turns for me to kill her with basics.

Poe is not the answer to Traya (though I'm sure he probably helps, It's to use JTR's assist right away, and then use BB8's basic far more often than covert data transfer to trigger exposes and tm gain so you can blow up 2-3 of their characters before they take a turn. I hardly ever use mind tricks against Traya teams either. The endless tm train is far more beneficial.

Thanks Woodward. This is most helpful
  • Options
    run holdo, trooper, jtr, bb8 and r2. only bb8 and r2 is less then g12, rest have atleast one g12+ item and jtr 3. think my mods are quite close to that. i get absolutely destroyed by NS teams, but on offence i can beat just about anything, except ns and bastilla /w gk/ob. dropped to 43 over night now, much less first days. but if i could climb around all the ns team i dont think rank 1 is an issue but. prety much only bastilla, nighmare and NS teams in top ranks. seems like only guy running JTR after the other guy who did quit. not sure what i could do with it, do got a poe g11 maxed, as i use his ship also. not sure it would make much difference tho? kinda frustrating as gear wise, zeta wise and mods is mostly better or on par with rest.