Lvl 85 F2P but losing my way again.

I posted a while back when I first started playing a bit more seriously and got some good advice. Time has moved on and I could do with a new poke in the right direction.

I have been following the F2P farming guide but I still feel a bit lost as a I try to juggle building the different teams, as well as working on the main and secondary characters.

A lot of my 7* are stuck needing guild raid rewards for the last eqpt piece to upgrade to gr lvl IX but I don't seem to get the right ones.

I don't have any Zetas.

Here's my roster, - https://swgoh.gg/u/benreyobi/

Please could you give me some general advice on what teams I should be running or what to focus on as well as some more specific direction on the following:

My best arena team as I've dropped from floating around the 300s to struggling to stay in the top 1000 in the space of about 3 weeks. I have several stronger toons but can't seem to find that edge to hold my own. My shard standard is variations on EP, Vader, Thrawn, Nihilius and Sion and I've switched from Phoenix to EP, Vader, Thr, Boba, KRu but with a few new of my empire reaching 7* I'm struggling to get the right team.

Which toons to try and build up now. I was thinking Resistance so that I can work on cranking out speed mods but I'm not sure. Should I be trying to build a team to counter the arena standard instead? Am I missing some key toons?

Replies

• Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    If you are sticking with EP lead in this age of Traya/Bastila - you need to focus on speed secondaries —> critically so for Vader. Before switching to Jedi I ran zEP, Vader, Tarkin, TFP, and Thrawn —> Vader had 213 speed which was just enough for Top 100-200. I basically focused on beating NSisters, Any other EP teams (just check their speed is lower than Vader).

1) Vader goes first - Force Crush + Culling Blade to Feed TM to the team.
    2) TFP - buff immunity on the enemy and can ability block either Thrawn, Sion or Nihilus depending on their Turn Meters (you want to avoid Fracture, Force Drain etc).
    3) Thrawn - Fracture their Thrawn or if TFP ability block stuck then Sion/Nihilus.
    4) Tarkin - Intimidation Tactics (must be Omega) then Ultimate Firepower (must be Omega) to debuff, damage ad reduce their TM
    5) EP - Power of the Darkside - shock them and grant your own team TM up.

You have all these characters and it doesn’t matter too much that Thrawn is at 6*
    My Team didn’t have “god mods” but they were solid enough.
    TFP - focus on Potency, Speed and CC e.g. mine had 225 speed, 94% Potency, 57% CC
    Vader - Must be fastest! And have high Potency.
    Al the others....you guessed it Speed and Potency! Thrawn is the exception he needs Speed and Offence.
    Key Zetas are - EPs leadership and Thrawns E&F

You will get people telling you to avoid EP lead teams now or that you MUST get Sion and Nihilus. However you have the characters I’m suggesting and they work well together if you can get them faster and increase their Potency. I would suggest focusing on farming Health and Potency Mods. Look for Potency Cross, Speed Arrow. Secondaries look for Speed and Potency.

• Options
    you want to take out both kylos from your team and put thrawn and sion in. You also are having a mod issue. I would recommend to take a few days to farm mods maybe on the weekends. As far as gearing up resistance. that is a good idea for sure but dont do it just for the mods since that requirement is going to go away soon. Honestly the biggest thing is making sure you have some good mods with good speed secondaries.
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Keep developing your roster.
    You got R2D2 and so you should be working on Princes Leia, Farmboy Luke, Stormtropper Han and Old Ben so you can go after CLS.
    Work on First Order as they are needed for BB8. You got 2 Klyos and FO Officer is only available in one of the stores (cantina I think) and Executioner is available at early cantina node.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    For an instant improvement, which requires no farming at all:

Move your best mods to your arena team. Why waste them on secondary characters? (Unless you really need them on those other characters for guild/individual events). The filtering feature on swgoh.gg is great for this:

https://swgoh.gg/u/benreyobi/mods/?stat1_5=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/benreyobi/mods/?stat2_5=1

Furthermore, don't neglect your ships. The earlier you get access to the zeta challenge, the more zetas you will earn. You will need those zetas for your team(s).
  • Options
    Take Waqui's advice.he knows what he his talking about, simple and effective.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Take Waqui's advice.he knows what he his talking about, simple and effective.

Thanx, mate :—)
  • Options
    Cheers everyone. I'll get things shifted around tonight and refocus. I'll let you know how I get on :)
  • Options
    For now the team that shadow scream suggested is good to use. I would definitely put sion and nihilas on your farm list though. They are good to have if yoy intend on using ep lead and later traya. Other than that, finish cls, work on getting jtr, and farm ns. All these are good for the new raid. Jtr for p1. Cls as part of chex mix for p3, and ns for p4. If you are working on that you should be able to get in a guild that is already doing hpit and haat and is working to get to heroic str. Also once you have teams don't be afraid to switch guilds if the one you are in won't advance rapidly enough for you. Also look for the one doing the best in tb that will accept you. No reason to be in a guild getting 20 starsvif you can get in one doing 30.
  • Options
    I have looked at your roster and here is what I think....
    1. Forget about focusing on your arena team since the difference is only 10 more crystals a day
    2. Focus more on completing your legendaries and get better results and rewards from PvE events
    3. Focus more on guild events and teamwork

If you need a direction ....

Your Phoenix is not ready for a 7* Thrawn

• Options
    If you want to progress to endgame teams, you will need zetas. And the longer it takes you to start farming them, the further behind you will fall. For that reason, I would suggest making a priority to get your dark side ships to 4* so you can get Executrix to 5* and then making sure you have enough 5* ships to do the fleet ability challenge. That will be your main source of zeta materials, so you want to unlock it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can also contimue to farm and gear Farmboy Luke, Old Ben, and Leia to get ready for the Commander Luke event that will likely land next month.

I also think Palpatine, Vader, TIE Pilot, Thrawn, Tarkin is going to be a better lineup for you after you get your first zeta and put it on Palpatine’s lead. The Kylos don’t count as Empire or Sith, so they don’t benefit from an Emperor lead like the others.
  • Options
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    I would suggest making a priority to get your dark side ships to 4* so you can get Executrix to 5* and then making sure you have enough 5* ships to do the fleet ability challenge. That will be your main source of zeta materials, so you want to unlock it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can also contimue to farm and gear Farmboy Luke, Old Ben, and Leia to get ready for the Commander Luke event that will likely land next month.

I also think Palpatine, Vader, TIE Pilot, Thrawn, Tarkin is going to be a better lineup for you after you get your first zeta and put it on Palpatine’s lead.

These three points are valuable. Heed them.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Ben_Reyobi, I've noticed, that you have changed your arena team into full empire team and started climbing again. Congratulations :—). However, don't underestimate the importance of mods. You will easily climb further by sorting your mods. Speed is king in the arena.