what to focus my resources on now ships are upon me

JohnLove11
153 posts Member
edited August 2018
I am currently farming phoenix and have all at least 5* currently, i am now level 57 and nearly at ships. How should i prioritize my resources? EG Squad Arena currency currently going on Kanan but AA and Tarkin are available. Cantina Energy going on Ezra and Hera but TFP also farmed there.

Any body got any tips/advice on the best balance of farming characters?

Thanks!

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    There are plenty of good pilots farmed from hard nodes where it doesn't interfere with your Phoenix farming.
  • Options
    Have you unlocked Sabine? If not, you need to work towards that.

What ships are you planning on using? What is the gear level of those pilots?
  • Options
    Biggs + Ship - GW store
    Tarkin - Squad store
    TFP - Cantina
    KRU + Silencer - Cantina

Once fleet is unlocked:

Phantom/Ghost - Fleet Arena Store

Ackbar ship is good on offense but not so good in defence when you're inactive and dropping like a stone. With Phoenix, the Phoenix ships make sense and they're pretty decent.
  • Options
    I'm a few levels behind you to give you a comparison: https://swgoh.gg/u/guntherbovine/collection/
    It depends where you are in arena. I've been getting pushed out to ~125 and winding up at reward time at ~75. There isn't a whole lot of difference in teams in the arena range I'm in. If I were to switch to farming pilots, I'd drop pretty strongly once others improved their heroes and mine stayed the same. You have a lull in terms of gearing up your phoenix team, so you can use your normal energy to gear up your pilots.
  • Options
    Have you unlocked Sabine? If not, you need to work towards that.

What ships are you planning on using? What is the gear level of those pilots?

Im working on sabine as well but as everyone knows she is quite a slow farm.

As im working on Phoenix im planning to use their ships, along with biggs, TFP and maybe KRU. The problem is finding the balance to split my resources. Biggs isnt an issue because i get 1200 GW currency for completing it each day which is 2 Zeb 1 Biggs or vise versa. Its the other resources that are limited such as Cantina energy on Ezra/Hera/KRU which i am unsure how to split it
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Focus on one thing at the time which means all GW currency on Zeb first and then on Biggs or Phasma.
    In cantina work on Ezra and Hera and when they are done you can work on KRU and Executioner or on two Geos (solder and spy).
  • Options
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    Focus on one thing at the time which means all GW currency on Zeb first and then on Biggs or Phasma.
    In cantina work on Ezra and Hera and when they are done you can work on KRU and Executioner or on two Geos (solder and spy).

Thats what i am doing currently but would it not mean i fall behind early in the fleet arena? Would it not be better to try and find the right balance?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Regarding finding the right balance:
    Waqui wrote: »
    There are plenty of good pilots farmed from hard nodes where it doesn't interfere with your Phoenix farming.

Biggs and Boba Fett are great.
    JC and FOTP are good.

I use them all on my alt's team, which can take 1st rank.

You can even farm the Falcon (and later Tie Reaper), which also have their uses. Don't forget, that you will need a large variety of ships to gain access to zeta challenges and to unlock Chimaera (and Phoenix are pilots as well).

• Options
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    Thats what i am doing currently but would it not mean i fall behind early in the fleet arena? Would it not be better to try and find the right balance?
    Put in just enough to unlock the toon you want, then return to your primary focus. You can slowly level and gear up the unlocked character on the side.

Ahsoka would be a good pilot for.you to work on: regular energy, useful ship, useful character.
  • Options
    +1 on Ahsoka. I have her reinforcement maxed and she's great to call in after the AI brings in Boba. She cleanses his buffs and gains +80% max health, ends up tankier than my Biggs.
  • Options
    Im working on sabine as well but as everyone knows she is quite a slow farm.
    I've got 16 Sabine shards, and I'm happy with that amount. I've got several weeks before I have to unlock her.
    As im working on Phoenix im planning to use their ships, along with biggs, TFP and maybe KRU. The problem is finding the balance to split my resources. Biggs isnt an issue because i get 1200 GW currency for completing it each day which is 2 Zeb 1 Biggs or vise versa. Its the other resources that are limited such as Cantina energy on Ezra/Hera/KRU which i am unsure how to split it
    Let me tell you my plans. Two months from now, I'll be using the two Phoenix ships, Biggs, TFP and Poe with Executrix as my main capital ship. For arena, I'm going to be using a squad of Poe, Finn, Resistance Troop, Hera and Ezra. When I hit level 60, I'll use a fleet of Jedi Consular, TFP, ARC-170, Geo Soldier and Executrix. All of those pilots will be at least G7; GMT will be 4*, Geo Soldier will probably be 1* and the rest will be 3*.

Based on that plan, here's how I'm going to use my various shard incomes. GW tokens: Zeb to 7* and then Biggs. SA Tokens: Kanan to 7* and then GMT. Cantina Tokens: Chopper to 7* and then Poe. Cantina: Ezra to 7*, Hera to 7* and then Finn. Guild tokens: Clone Sergeant to 3* and then Resistance Trooper, with gear when it makes sense. Fleet Hard Nodes: TFP.

To me, going for KRU makes no sense as my Cantina energy is full committed to other heroes. If I was going to go with First Order after I got Phoenix to 7*, he'd make a lot more sense. But I'd need FO Stormtrooper to make a First Order squad really work and that's a very hard farm.
  • Options
    Zinke7 wrote: »

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about that just yet. You can climb the arena ranks fairly easily if you just keep plugging away at it. I didn't start my Phoenix farm until I was level 50ish so was behind in every way. I'm now lvl85 and taking 1st in fleet every day (for the last 6 weeks or so). As others have said; it's worth focusing on one thing until it's done then moving on. It may feel slow going but it comes good in the end.

That said; I'd look at these ships/pilots to get you up and going (but only when it doesn't interfere with Phoenix).
    Biggs and his X-wing - A must have. Do as soon as Zeb is finished.
    Tarkin or Ackbar - I prefer Tarkins ship but Ackbar's sin't bad and is also needed to unlock Chimera so it's personal choice really. do one of these as soon as Kanan is done.
    TFP and Imp TIE - You get the toon unlock for free anyways, easy farm, still very useful for feeding your capitol ship TM. easy to farm the pilot once hera and Ezra are done. Ship appears in fleet and GW stores.
    Vader and TIE Advanced - Again Vader is unlocked for free, you can farm both him and his ship from fleet store. Very good ship and abilities. Slow farm but worth starting ASAP.
    Ghost/Phantom - As you're building phoenix anyways, also needed for chimera and some very good abilities. Phantom has a great reinforcement ability to get maxed ASAP. Farm from fleet store and hard nodes later.

That should give you a solid starting line up to work from and build on with the added bonus that all these characters will be useful elsewhere. Phoenix will get you Thrawn and Palp which can then be used with Tarkin, TFP and Vader to form an Empire team to get R2-D2. Biggs will become more useful later in the game for building rebel teams but his ship and the Phoenix ships are also used for unlocking the Chimera. There really is no wasted investment going this route. Should you prefer Ackbar over Tarkin; that's fine. Ackbar is a great character for raids and Home One is also needed for chimera. Multi-function is the key to making progress count early game.

Other notables to look at once that core is done would include:
    FOTFP - great ship, character can be used for BB-8 event
    KRU/Silencer - as above but a much easier farm.
    Boba/Slave 1 - You need scoundrels for credit heists, also a solid ship.
    Wedge - Great combo with biggs, not the greatest ship though. Can be used for chimera.
    Both U-wings - R1 toons are used for TB and both can be used for the chimera event too.
    Poe - Solid part of a resistance team and a great ship.
    Umburan/Fives - Good ship but clones are not great right now so limited use.
    Sun Fac - Great tank in his own right, essential part of the Geo's combo.

Whilst I agree the Geo's are good; I think focusing on these too early will just hamstring progress elsewhere. hope this helps a bit.
  • Options
    I should also add that being able to complete the Tarkin ship challenge is a massive help elsewhere in the game as it drops zeta mats. This is worth putting some resources into as well as fleet arena.
  • Options
    If you can get 5* Executrix, 3* on the zeta challenge is trivial. I did both right at 78. Hopefully, by L84 I'll be able to beat the 6* Executrix challenge.
  • Options
    Completed the 6* Executrix challenge today. Took near perfect RNG with a 204k DS fleet. Sun Fac, Vader, TFP with Boba, FOTP, KRU as reinforcements. Pilots were 7* G10.5 except Sun Fac and KRU at 6* G8.5. Ships were 6* except Sun Fac at 5* and FOTP at 7*. TFP was the MVP with 8 dodges and solo'd the last 2 ships until Tarkin's SECOND ultimate finished the match.
  • Darkrose_One
    51 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/darkrose50/

I am working on my:
    [*] Phoenix (7*'s, most G8 - G9 Ezra G10, L15 5-dot mods)
    [*] Empire (7*'s-ish, G8 - G9, mixed batch of L15 4 to 5 dot mods . . . some not modded yet)
    [*] Scoundrels (7*-ish teams . . . enough to 1* the highest payout).
    [*] Else I focus on ships.
    [*] I get fleet building materials out of the Cantina shop . . . this seems to help ALOT.
    [*] I have also started getting ship shards in the Arena shop.
    Post edited by Darkrose_One on
  • Options
    I just got my Executrix 5* yesterday at 3*s. The computer did not reinforce . . . and I got lucky.