Droids for TW

Has anybody tried HK Lead with zIPD JE zIG-88 and a 5th? I'm wondering specifically how it might do vs FO and NS.

Replies

• Options
    I use HK, zIPD, zzBb8, zzR2 and zIG88. Crushes both of those teams. I’m sure I’d have the same success putting JE as well.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I use HK, zIPD, zzBb8, zzR2 and zIG88. Crushes both of those teams. I’m sure I’d have the same success putting JE as well.

Lol. Good deal. I'll want to save BB-8 and R2 for RJT lead but I have L-3
  • Options
    Ye BB and R2 are way too much to lose for a droid team. IMO: HK, 88, T3 is the essential 3 with 2 others assisting. L3 is a good 4th as she isnt too useful in a prepared squad or any other team so the 5th is the debatable one to me. IPD is nice for O and lets you take on JTR walls or any team above your weight class with the self destruct. Chopper is viable as a more D pick for the double taunt with buffs assists etc. Those would prob be the 2 droids I decide between. Chopper is nice with PHX but IPD is also a great stand alone pick. JE is nice but fits the old droid concept. Now the speed doesnt lead to an early pick unless youre fighting super squishy targers in which 88 could prob get anyways with just 1 or 2 turns. Building slower droids with higher damage under JE is an option thatd still be viable but thats a decision for you to make.

TL;DR - Hk, 88, T3, L3, then IPD, Chopper, JE.
  • Options
    Ye BB and R2 are way too much to lose for a droid team. IMO: HK, 88, T3 is the essential 3 with 2 others assisting. L3 is a good 4th as she isnt too useful in a prepared squad or any other team so the 5th is the debatable one to me. IPD is nice for O and lets you take on JTR walls or any team above your weight class with the self destruct. Chopper is viable as a more D pick for the double taunt with buffs assists etc. Those would prob be the 2 droids I decide between. Chopper is nice with PHX but IPD is also a great stand alone pick. JE is nice but fits the old droid concept. Now the speed doesnt lead to an early pick unless youre fighting super squishy targers in which 88 could prob get anyways with just 1 or 2 turns. Building slower droids with higher damage under JE is an option thatd still be viable but thats a decision for you to make.

TL;DR - Hk, 88, T3, L3, then IPD, Chopper, JE.

Good to know I have IPD zeta'd so I think 88 and him will have some good TL synergy. I don't have T3 yet so I'm thinking of using HK L3 IPD 88 and JE to knock out KRU walls. I"m guessing the buff immunity and heal block will really cripple KRU comps. They usually don't have a cleanser and need advantage to crit.
  • Options
    I have a question about L3s zeta and TW. If a droid on defense is saved by her zeta in one attack, does the save possibility reset in the next attack or is it one save and then they are vulnerable?

Also, I'm assuming the save doesn't work against annihilate?
  • Options
    Rocksteady wrote: »
    I have a question about L3s zeta and TW. If a droid on defense is saved by her zeta in one attack, does the save possibility reset in the next attack or is it one save and then they are vulnerable?

Also, I'm assuming the save doesn't work against annihilate?

I don't have the zeta but it only saves them once each. So one save and then they are vulnerable. As for vs DN I'm guessing he wins out but I'm not sure