So I made a new account

J0hnMurphy
28 posts Member
edited August 2018
I lost my main account lvl 85 when wedge and biggs was the meta (around a year ago) and I decided to play again since I have more time to play now, but I just got to level 28 (in 10 hours) and saw that everyone in the top 50 had a phoenix team, lvl 50 and all characters at 5-6 stars with blue/purple gear. How am I supposed to level up again if I am in the top 10.000 and I can't beat anyone?? Guilds are inactive and the ones that are active kick me out. now I need to wait a whole day to join a new guild. I need help, tips or info. Should I make another account or just leave the game because I'm not willing to pay 65 dollars for 5 shards of a character and get 25 cristals a day

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    you dont need to make another account, but you can if you want. shards close at 20k, so if you know what it was at when you started, you may be able to hit a new shard and have an easier time at the start at least.

tips:
    - dont just join any guild. find one, talk to people before you join. find out the rules and how they can help you develop. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/player-guilds
    - you dont need to spend if you dont want to.
    - the grind is a long one, no matter how you cut it.
    - check out the "new player section" for some helpful tips on how to develop in the current climate and even some good guides on how to start an account if you want to start over. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/the-academy
    - chill and relax. if you want to play the game, then dont worry about a single game mode, arena is not everything.
    - if you want to be competitive and hardcore arena then you will need to choose the path you follow very carefully.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how long I was gone, but I can tell you I fought my way to the top 100. You'll probably have to get a team strong enough to break inactives

And you could always keep making new accounts until you find a solid arena shard. I know I couldn't start over willingly, but whatever floats your boat.
  • Options
    I believe with the new system you can hoard gear and energy for a while, as you don't get put into a shard until level 28. I'm not 100% sure, but that's what I thought it changed to. You could take it slow at the start and have a bigger advantage when you join a shard at level 28.
    Also, even if others have an advantage now, it won't last forever. Keep grinding and it levels out a bit. Early on in the game is when you'll see the most imbalance.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Your new account needs to hoard more resources before entering the leaderboard and also you need to time it to enter at the start of a new leaderboard rather than later.
  • Options
    J0hnMurphy wrote: »
    HK666 wrote: »
    I can't tell you how long I was gone, but I can tell you I fought my way to the top 100. You'll probably have to get a team strong enough to break inactives

And you could always keep making new accounts until you find a solid arena shard. I know I couldn't start over willingly, but whatever floats your boat.

The problem is that inactives are still better than me like if I joined a server in the middle of the month.

In that case, would you rather use a lvl 85 account that has been inactive more than a year (kenobi, kylo, wedge, biggs, tie pilot, palp, vader and nihilus all maxed out to gear lvl 10) in top 1000 and 1500 or make a new account with the chance of getting to top 1 and get those 500 daily cristals

Do both, play your first account for kicks, you might be surprised at how it goes with just a little work and tweaking. And play a second to start over, this let’s you see if you like it or not
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    J0hnMurphy wrote: »
    In that case, would you rather use a lvl 85 account that has been inactive more than a year (kenobi, kylo, wedge, biggs, tie pilot, palp, vader and nihilus all maxed out to gear lvl 10) in top 1000 and 1500 or make a new account with the chance of getting to top 1 and get those 500 daily cristals

Your level 85 account can raid heroic pit/AAT right away, while your new account won't be able to. Furthermore, your level 85 account will be ready for heroic STR and do it's part in TB/TW much earlier than your new account and hence be able to find a good active guild. If you jump on the train at some point when new META changing characters are introduced, you will be able to even climb to near the top of the arena. However, it might take months before that happens the next time.

It's all a matter of what you believe will be more fun for you.
  • Options
    I restarted after being away for a long time and personally I wouldn't mess with your old account until you've gotten a decent start going on your fresh one, the biggest reason being the time needing to be invested in a new account. You'll want to manage your time wisely by making sure you're always keeping your energy down, using all 5 arena tries, completing GW etc, and with all the level ups in the beginning it's quite time consuming.

You will also want to make a farming plan to maximize time, because once behind its much harder to catch up. I would suggest phoenix as your first squad, they unlock Thrawn who is undoubtedly the most diverse character in the game. From there you have multiple options, the most common being empire or rebels.

Best of luck!