Death of the legendary and heroes journeys

With more and more marquees coming every two weeks it is becoming more and more apparent that they are no longer practicing these business models. I wish they would just come out and say it outright. Especially since we have seen no new legendary characters since bb8. My only question how much longer can the whales keep up?

Replies

• Options
    I wouldn't classify any of these new toons as "legendary".... I'm sure they will add more legendary content at some point...
  • Options
    Maybe the plan will backfire and it will eradicate the whales, therefore stopping the ridiculous pricing of shards and toon packs and we can then maybe, just maybe see fair pricing introduced to this game. One can only wish though.....

CG needs to look at their plan differently IMO. Look at Fortnite for instance. 1 Billion dollar company in a little over a year after release of a FREE game with decent prices for additional, non pay 2 win items.

Change the business plan EA and I guarantee you will not be voted worst company 3 years running.
  • Options
    Point being everytime a marquee is released the question is will that character be needed for a legendary event for such and such faction. They dangle the carrot of potential future use but there are no legendary events to justify the thought that there will be a new one.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Eh, a legendary bounty hunter Jango Fett, or legendary "Revan" wouldn't be out of the question, given the toons that are being released.

Honestly, once the last KOTOR toon goes f2p, releasing a legendary character that needs all 5 KOTOR toons would very much follow the Phoenix/Thrawn release, which required either a massive crystal investment or money to 7* Thrawn upon his first release.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Jango Fett will be the legendary and embo and aurra will be needed. You want him you pay for the others or else no J F for you.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Eh, a legendary bounty hunter Jango Fett, or legendary "Revan" wouldn't be out of the question, given the toons that are being released.

Honestly, once the last KOTOR toon goes f2p, releasing a legendary character that needs all 5 KOTOR toons would very much follow the Phoenix/Thrawn release, which required either a massive crystal investment or money to 7* Thrawn upon his first release.

I think some type of event during Christmas time would be there. And I agree with the kotor toons. They remind me of the peeps needed for jtr event.
  • Options
    Anakin1125 wrote: »
    With more and more marquees coming every two weeks it is becoming more and more apparent that they are no longer practicing these business models. I wish they would just come out and say it outright. Especially since we have seen no new legendary characters since bb8. My only question how much longer can the whales keep up?

You think so, huh. Hmmm...5 Kotor characters recently released. 5 Clone Wars era characters now in the game...A Wampa, a Hermit Yoda, a bunch of Ewoks and a couple other rebels from ESB in the game for a while now. I could be wrong, but all that is easily a perfect buildup to:

-A Revan Legendary Event
    -A Jango Legendary Event
    -A Jedi Luke Hero's Journey Event

The timing I'm not sure about, though I have a nagging suspicion that they will pull a similar trick to the Rey (Jedi Training) panic farms by having at least one of such events come out in December. On a perhaps more far-fetched speculation note, all the new scoundrels from Solo could mayyyyyybe be required for a scoundrel legendary such as Beckett or Dryden Vos, though I find it hard to believe such characters should receive Legendary status. Perhaps more likely will be their release as a Solo Blu-Ray release tie-in like they did with Bodhi and Rogue One.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It's been a while since the last legendary, but I don't think they are dead. Also, except for possible Revan, they won't strictly require the new characters unless they get a special tag, legendaries are always faction-based. And as for heroes journeys, I wouldn't mind seeing them gone...
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Mookow23 wrote: »
    Maybe the plan will backfire and it will eradicate the whales, therefore stopping the ridiculous pricing of shards and toon packs and we can then maybe, just maybe see fair pricing introduced to this game. One can only wish though.....

CG needs to look at their plan differently IMO. Look at Fortnite for instance. 1 Billion dollar company in a little over a year after release of a FREE game with decent prices for additional, non pay 2 win items.

Change the business plan EA and I guarantee you will not be voted worst company 3 years running.

You do realize this game is also a FREE game right? Also Fortnite makes it's money by preying on kids stealing their parents credit cards so I would hope CG doesn't emulate that.
  • Options
    That’s not at all what new content means... I’d be willing to bet they have at least some rough ideas for legendary character. It might take a long time to happen, but there’s no reason for them to discontinue one of their most exciting and [presumably] profitable content types.
  • Options
    They're not gone.
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Maybe we can get a Legendary [I’m not a] Jedi Master Luke. His special ability can be as his friends die he does nothing but make whining sounds before committing Force suicide.

In order to get him you’ll need Vet Chewie, JTR, R2-D2, Shirtless Kylo, and half of Supreme Leader Snoke.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    They've released way too many bounty hunters recently to not have Jango Fett soon. And the KOTOR characters just being released is almost certainly a Revan Heros Journey. Just be patient, wasn't it like a year between Palpatine being introduced and R2?
  • Options
    Ephran wrote: »

You do realize this game is also a FREE game right? Also Fortnite makes it's money by preying on kids stealing their parents credit cards so I would hope CG doesn't emulate that.

I do realize this is a free game, but is it really free for someone now to pick this game up and start playing? I believe the gap is too big now. The player base is now somewhat limited to those who are f2p and have been in the long haul or those who are p2p. EA has a reputation with the loot boxes. Do not tell me that is not preying on kids to steal their parents credit card.

I think my point here was misinterpreted after I read my post though. I do not have a problem with p2p or f2p. I love this game, but I once was a smaller whale and then things would get nerfed and my money would be wasted. I feel that they are too expensive. IMO, cheaper avenues would help keep the game healthy.
  • Options
    Overreact much? The thread title is comical.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I do realize this is a free game, but is it really free for someone now to pick this game up and start playing? I believe the gap is too big now. The player base is now somewhat limited to those who are f2p and have been in the long haul or those who are p2p. EA has a reputation with the loot boxes. Do not tell me that is not preying on kids to steal their parents credit card.

I think my point here was misinterpreted after I read my post though. I do not have a problem with p2p or f2p. I love this game, but I once was a smaller whale and then things would get nerfed and my money would be wasted. I feel that they are too expensive. IMO, cheaper avenues would help keep the game healthy.

A new player will be added to a shard with other new players, so there will be little to no gap. They will be absolutely unaffected by what old players have.
  • Options
    All I’m stating is if legendary and heroes journey were part of their plans you would think we would have seen at least one this year after 8 months.
  • Options

The point made was that there is no competitive advantage to spending in Fortnite. The same can not be said in this game. That is accentuated with this marquee release structure. Also, I called this when HSR came out and everyone complained about its difficulty. I said they had new toons in the pipeline specifically made for making it easier and they wanted us willing to pay for them.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    What happened to the 9.99 and 19.99 packs? Im in Canada and end up paying 26-27 for a pack.
  • Options

The point made was that there is no competitive advantage to spending in Fortnite. The same can not be said in this game. That is accentuated with this marquee release structure. Also, I called this when HSR came out and everyone complained about its difficulty. I said they had new toons in the pipeline specifically made for making it easier and they wanted us willing to pay for them.

You’re right. And how it’s going to be. If the game didn’t make money then there wouldn’t be development into it. New content comes out and they slowly push new toons that do better in that content. Look at clones in haat.

The good thing is once you see the patterns you can take advantage of them. Scout out which toons that are marquees you should farm or shouldn’t farm. Like I don’t dig on KOTOR much but I will farm them because I think they will lead to Revan. And by the structure Revan would be good in most places in the game.
  • Options
    When Jedi Luke shows up as a marquee, then I'll share that sentiment. Embo, Aurra Sing, and I'd argue even Jango Fett aren't Legendary enough.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    When Jedi Luke shows up as a marquee, then I'll share that sentiment. Embo, Aurra Sing, and I'd argue even Jango Fett aren't Legendary enough.

If BB-8 is good enough, so is Jango.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They needed new toons to be the farm for legendary and HJ events.

They are not dead, they are waiting.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Bb8 I wouldn’t say in the movies is legendary- but hiskit sure is. And I think that’s the point of the legendary tag.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Bb8 I wouldn’t say in the movies is legendary- but hiskit sure is. And I think that’s the point of the legendary tag.

I would say that the story is first and kit is adjusted accordingly.