Am I Wrong?About Vader Under Palpatine Lead

I say Darth Vader Receive 70 Percent Potency From Emperor Palpatine Lead,Because he have Both Tags,Sith And Empire Tag

But one(or two) of forum members say vader just receive 35 percent potency from Palpatine lead

Can devs or Veteran Players Answer to this?
Thank you

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It is 35%. Note the different wording on Crackling doom and Vader's No escape.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

This
  • Kill3rba1r
    18 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks for your replies
    So, im wrong
    This stuff is confusing!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

Potency is granted from EPs LOTGE leadership, which says Empire and Sith. Also No Escape counts enemies. The LOTGE does not count, so the wording difference is not dispositive.

I dont know the answer for sure, but someone posted the code the other day and I think concluded he does get 70%. My Vader with 60% potency can land some force crush debuffs on Bastila teams, so the 70% bonus seems more correct.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Potency is granted from EPs LOTGE leadership, which says Empire and Sith. Also No Escape counts enemies. The LOTGE does not count, so the wording difference is not dispositive.

I dont know the answer for sure, but someone posted the code the other day and I think concluded he does get 70%. My Vader with 60% potency can land some force crush debuffs on Bastila teams, so the 70% bonus seems more correct.

That’s wrong bud, it’s 35%. Whatever your trying to reference is wrong .
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    It was actually this poster in another thread. And then @scuba responded and refuted it. I didnt see his response before.

So answer me this. How did my vader who was at 40% base potency before, land debuffs on a zeta Bastila team?
  • Options
    It was actually this poster in another thread. And then @scuba responded and refuted it. I didnt see his response before.

So answer me this. How did my vader who was at 40% base potency before, land debuffs on a zeta Bastila team?

Easily, just because they have bonus tenacity while enjoying the bonus prot up, does not make them. Immune t9 debuffs, only ten up does that, excepting irresistible debuffs, as such, it is possible to land debuffs on them, it’s just really hard, or rare compared to normal use.

Look at it this way, Vader is throwing out 20 something debuffs, and sometimes a couple will land, or pain will inflict here or there as well. Bastila lead DOES NOT make jedi immune to debuffs, it just makes it really hard to land them.
  • Options

Jedi and Rebel targets cannot evade or resist the effects of this attack.......assuming its terrifying swing, DoTs still have a chance to land after Pot/Ten check

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate both of your positions. What I am asking for is the math that proves it because I clearly dont understand it.

My Vader with force crush open usually lands 2-4 debuffs against zeta Bastila teams.

30% + 35% = 65% potency vs 150% + 30% = 180% (my lowest tenacity Jedi) tenacity.

65% potency vs 180% Tenacity. How does it the math work?
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I appreciate both of your positions. What I am asking for is the math that proves it because I clearly dont understand it.

My Vader with force crush open usually lands 2-4 debuffs against zeta Bastila teams.

30% + 35% = 65% potency vs 150% + 30% = 180% (my lowest tenacity Jedi) tenacity.

180% tenacity vs 65% potency is 115% chance to resist.
    Problem with you numbers is Vader base potency is 31%, unless he is below g11/12 which most are not and it is hard to not give him mods and 0 added potency.

You have seen Vader lad dots on them I have only seen Vader land dots if he is modded for potency.

I have 0 ways to test how much potency Vader is actually gaining from EP lead, however what can be tested is the max health gain.

Max health and potency are done with essentially same query on the team and have same wording in the ability description. So if Vader is getting 70% potency he should be getting 70% max health gain yet he only gets 35% max health.

So final answer will have to come from those CG guys and gals. All I can say is I wouldn't plan or hope that Vader gets 70% potency from EP lead.

Edit: to add we can also look at other leads that give to 2 factions like lando. A scoundrel rebel only gains 30 speed under his lead not 60 speed.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Mac health can be tested with Vader zeta. Assuming you have 30k health and someone lose a dot. If you regen 2025 health, it means you only have gained 35% health. If you regen 2.550 health it means you have gain 70% health.
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Guest wrote: »
    Mac health can be tested with Vader zeta. Assuming you have 30k health and someone lose a dot. If you regen 2025 health, it means you only have gained 35% health. If you regen 2.550 health it means you have gain 70% health.

I already tested and proved vader only gains 35% max health, which is leads me to he only gains 35% potency.

BTW max health gains are easier to test by using EP let the hate flow, no dot needed and can just jump into GW and test,
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Problem with you numbers is Vader base potency is 31%, unless he is below g11/12 which most are not and it is hard to not give him mods and 0 added potency.

You have seen Vader lad dots on them I have only seen Vader land dots if he is modded for potency.

I have 0 ways to test how much potency Vader is actually gaining from EP lead, however what can be tested is the max health gain.

Max health and potency are done with essentially same query on the team and have same wording in the ability description. So if Vader is getting 70% potency he should be getting 70% max health gain yet he only gets 35% max health.

So final answer will have to come from those CG guys and gals. All I can say is I wouldn't plan or hope that Vader gets 70% potency from EP lead.

Edit: to add we can also look at other leads that give to 2 factions like lando. A scoundrel rebel only gains 30 speed under his lead not 60 speed.

Thanks Scuba. That is what I thought the math to be.

Based on discussions here I put a potency cross on my Vader, to take him near 60%, but he was landing debuffs before that. I dont see how he should land debuffs under base potency, but he was.

So, either he gets 70%, tenacity works differently than we think, or Bastila lead is bugged. At least that is what logic would tell me.

Its also possible I remember wrong but will remove the cross and test again.
  • Options
    None of the above , Tenacity minus potency, equals chance to resist, 150% ten, minus 75% pot, equals 75% resist chance, . . . . .

Now you are at 95% pot. It’s 55% chance . . . .
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    None of the above , Tenacity minus potency, equals chance to resist, 150% ten, minus 75% pot, equals 75% resist chance, . . . . .

Now you are at 95% pot. It’s 55% chance . . . .

Except none of the Jedi typically on that team have 0% tenacity base. My lowest is Ezra at 30%. 180 - 65 or 75 is still over 100% chance to resist.
  • crzydroid
    7386 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @VonZant , if this is you:

https://swgoh.gg/u/vanzant/collection/200/darth-vader/

then your Vader has 80.88% with the cross. So without it he was at 56.88% assuming your other cross didn't have potency secondaries. So with only 35% from Palp, he would've been at 91.88% without cross.

So a 30% base tenacity Jedi would still give you around 10% chance to land a debuff. Expected value out if 20 debuffs would be two, but in any given battle that can fluctuate due to RNG.
  • crzydroid
    7386 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I actually see now that's spelled VanZant and not VonZant, but even if it's not you, that's a g10 Vader with less than 4% from secondaries. So I'd be extremely surprised if your Vader was below 50%, unless you are really low in arena, in which case level delta might also come into play.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    On road, but here he is with 21% potency cross. G12 usually top 30-80 in arena. Before I had no potency cross with extra 6 speed.

pzata1x7pcuz.png

• crzydroid
    7386 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Yeah, I'm also slow and just now noticed the three potency sets on that other Vader.

Feel like would would need to see more to verify.

If Vader was gaining 70% from palp, then with that potency, if enemies had 30-40% tenacity, we'd see an average of 4-6 debuffs from Vader
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Hard to test other than in arena but will test if I have time.
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Thanks Scuba. That is what I thought the math to be.

Based on discussions here I put a potency cross on my Vader, to take him near 60%, but he was landing debuffs before that. I dont see how he should land debuffs under base potency, but he was.

So, either he gets 70%, tenacity works differently than we think, or Bastila lead is bugged. At least that is what logic would tell me.

Its also possible I remember wrong but will remove the cross and test again.

Tenacity vs potency not working as we think is definitely a possibility