New Faction Idea: Wildlife

Now, I know that we only have one animal in the game, the Wampa, but there's more than one notable animal in Star Wars, from Embo's beloved Anoobas, Marook. To the wild Krayt Dragons of Tatooine. This isn't so much as something that I see is needed, but something that would be rather cool. As it could allow for more personal synergies, such as Marook partnering well with Embo and such. Plus it would finally give the Wampa some proper synergies other than Dark Side and Attacker.

What do all of you think of this idea? Think it could be even remotely possible?

Replies

• Options
    I just want that furry little guy with a beak that is with Jabba in return of the Jedi. Don’t know it’s name
  • Options
    I think that this is a great idea! I want some animals in the game. Embo and marook are my favorite characters!
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    Loth Wolves?
    Banthas (probably too large to be practical in the game setup right now)
    Mynocks?

Hard to see any of them be anything but a support for a specific character though, like Loth Wolves with Ezra.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea!
  • Options
    I would love a playable Rancor. Maybe even a Nexu, a Reek, and an Acklay.
  • Options

a baby rancor would be cool to use (i dont think a adult one will work... lol)
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Dianogas, son!

I used to play the Magic-style card game wayyyyy back in the day and it had wildlife cards that were neither Light or Dark side - Mynocks, the big slug thing that lives in the asteroid, etc. Unfortunately the game itself was a huge chore to play, but it was a cool idea at least.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Already have my Monster Squad picked out:
    Wampa (attacker)
    Rathtar (attacker)
    Gundark (support? - seemed to be a pack hunter)
    Krayt Dragon (tank)
    Rancor (attacker)

>:)
  • Options
    Marook would be awesome
  • Options
    I'm not sure about playable creatures, but I think the Genosian Arena is the perfect setting for a raid against a Nexu, a Reek and an Acklay. Probably also a phase of Genosian picadors on Orray.
  • Options
    Think we need a sept beast master with the 3 beast from EP2 as playable toons.
  • Options
    I'm a bit skeptical towards this idea. I kinda chuckled when I first saw this thread tbh.
    I would love a playable Rancor.

Seriously? lol. Cause what this game needs is another toon in which people can complain about it being OP. I'm sorry but I don't quite think that would work. ;) It would be cool though I will admit. And pretty funny too cause you could use the devour ability like in Heroic Pit. lol :tongue:
    flux_rono wrote: »

a baby rancor would be cool to use (i dont think a adult one will work... lol)

I agree. I wouldn't be able to take a baby rancor seriously though. I would be literally dying laughing watching it battle. :lol:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • LeviathanTamer
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Oh geeze, this post really exploded. Much more than my last one. In fact, I'm very much glad that it did because while I had a couple ideas, I'd completely forgotten that some of these animals existed. The Loth Wolves in particular I felt ashamed for forgetting about.

But, now that the thread is off the ground. I think that we could afford to start thinking about things a bit more in-depth, or else all this thread will ever be is to occasionally entertain someone's fantasy, and never be taken seriously or even glanced at by CG

So, to start with: Where would these characters fit into the game? What kind of team would they bring to the table? Current Meta teams because either their faction or their leader focuses on a particular theme. The First Order focuses heavily on having and maintaining Advantage, while Darth Traya not only provides a manner of self-reliance to the Sith, she also punishes Bonus Attackers.

I think that the Loth Wolves would be a good starting example here, and from there we can keep working through the various wildlife of Star Wars. Feel free to critique this example as I'm only providing it as a spot to begin on seeing how a Wildlife Team could work.

Loth Wolf
    An ambushing attacker with ramping speed, a natural resistance against debuffs, and good coordination with other wildlife.

Basic: Ambush Tactics
    The Loth Wolf deals physical damage and inflicts Daze on the opponent if they have (50 or 25)% Turn Meter or Less. This Daze cannot be resisted. This attack cannot be countered if the enemy was below (50 or 25)% Turn Meter.

Special: Furious Pack
    The Loth Wolf calls its pack to attack. Deal damage to all enemies, deal an additional instance of damage for each of these conditions: if a target is Dazed, Stunned, or below (50 or 25)% Turn Meter. This attack cannot be countered if the enemy was below (50 or 25)% Turn Meter.

Special: Rallying Howl
    The Loth Wolf howls, calling other Wildlife together. Loth Wolf dispells all debuffs on other Wildlife and they recover 5% Health and Protection for each debuff on the opposing team.

Leader: Pack Leader
    Loth Wolf gives 25% of its Speed to all allies as well as itself. Additionally, every time an enemy that is at (50 or 25)% Turn Meter or lower is damaged, all Wildlife allies gain (10 or 5)% Turn Meter.

Unique: The Natural Force
    Loth Wolf gains 20% Tenacity for each living Wildlife Ally, and gains 20 Speed each turn (Stacking up to 5 times)
    Post edited by LeviathanTamer on
  • Options
    Loth Wolf gives 25% of its Speed to all allies as well as itself. Additionally, every time an enemy that is at (50 or 25)% Turn Meter or lower is damaged, all Wildlife allies gain (10 or 5)% Turn Meter.

Loth Wolf gains 20% Tenacity for each living Wildlife Ally, and gains 20 Speed each turn (Stacking)
    Stacking speed like that is way overpowered, and combined with that leader ability it would probably be gamebreaking

• LeviathanTamer
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    OH GEEZE! This was my bad! I'll make sure to put an edit in there (if I can). I meant for it to only stack up to 5 times, which means that Loth Wolf only gains +100 Speed. Which put in comparison with other Speed Stacking characters like Young Han Solo who can give himself +200 speed, and Bossk who grants his whole team +50 Speed upon Contract Completion is just a hearty amount.

At most if someone managed to get Loth Wolf to around... 350 Speed (120-150ish base? I'm not fine tuned on stats. + 100 at full stack + 110-ish from mods) it'd give all of the allies around +87 speed, which it first has to build up to.

Hmm... yeah, I guess that it'll need some more fine tuning, which is what all of this is for. Thank you for pointing out my mistake.
  • Options
    OH GEEZE! This was my bad! I'll make sure to put an edit in there (if I can). I meant for it to only stack up to 5 times, which means that Loth Wolf only gains +100 Speed. Which put in comparison with other Speed Stacking characters like Young Han Solo who can give himself +200 speed, and Bossk who grants his whole team +50 Speed upon Contract Completion is just a hearty amount.

At most if someone managed to get Loth Wolf to around... 350 Speed (120-150ish base? I'm not fine tuned on stats. + 100 at full stack + 110-ish from mods) it'd give all of the allies around +87 speed, which it first has to build up to.

Hmm... yeah, I guess that it'll need some more fine tuning, which is what all of this is for. Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

That makes it more reasonable, I was imagining a toon with speed stacked over 1000 and giving +250 speed to itself and all allies. That would be really fun in the sith raid but it would break pretty much all existing content.
  • Options
    Yes! Here comes the Zillo Beast :D
  • Options
    Asteroid space worm. Only one skill: you're dead.
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Loth Wolf gains 20% Tenacity for each living Wildlife Ally, and gains 20 Speed each turn (Stacking)
    Stacking speed like that is way overpowered, and combined with that leader ability it would probably be gamebreaking

Could be a zeta and could just give 10% speed base
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Let's hope for Purrgils in fleet battles. They destroyed Thrawn's Chimaera in the final Star Wars Rebels episode.

They could do here ingame like the same way with Thrawn's Chimaera, including using Ezra Bridger.
  • Options
    Ryanwhales wrote: »

Could be a zeta and could just give 10% speed base

Don't worry, I already worked it out with Bistan_Lover. They were operating under my mistake of forgetting to state that the stacking speed only stacked up to 5 times. That said, a base 10% boost wouldn't really be providing much for the team. Depending on how fast they are, that could either be a meager +11 Speed or a small +21 Speed. Which even teams like the First Order have beat with a solid +30. Besides, I kind of wanted this to be a ramping fight.
  • Options
    Alright, in an attempt to bring this thread back online. Here's my idea for the Anooba and partner-in-crime to Embo.

Marrok
    Dark Side, Bounty Hunter, Scoundrel, Wildlife, Support
    This fierce anooba is of indisputable help to bounty hunters, especially his master, Embo. He is also a very capable leader of other animals as he coordinates their attacks with lethal efficiency and the art of surprise.

Basic: Harrying Bite
    Marrok deals physical damage to the target enemy with a 50% chance to remove 25% Turn Meter and a 50% chance to inflict Offense Down. If attacking out of turn, double the chance to remove Turn Meter and inflict Offense Down

Special: Watchful Eye
    Marrok grants Target Ally the buff "Back Up Plan" for 3 turns. If Back Up Plan expires without reviving an ally, then all Bounty Hunter and Wildlife allies are healed by 80% and gain 30% Turn Meter.

Leader: Coordinated Ambush
    Marrok grants all Wildlife Allies +200 Speed at the start of the encounter. Every Wildlife ally loses 40 Speed at the end of their turn until they reach their Base Speed. Additionally every time a Wildlife ally uses an ability, every other Wildlife Ally has a 60% chance to assist, dealing (60-30)% less damage. That Wildlife ally gains 10 speed for every Wildlife Ally that assisted. Lastly, so long as these allies have bonus speed, their bonus attacks do not trigger any effect.

Unique: Bounty Hunter's Best Friend
    Marrok has a 50% chance to assist any Bounty Hunter ally when they attack, dealing 40% less damage. This chance is doubled whenever Embo attacks and has no damage penalty. Additionally, whenever an enemy targets a Bounty Hunter ally who is at 50% or less health, Marrok automatically gains a Bonus Attack that triggers before the enemy's attack is made, potentially dropping them below 100% Turn Meter and negating their turn.
    and that is Marrok. I don't know how much of it is mechanically possible in the game. But I know that his unique is the one that I wanted to get down the most, as Marrok is responsible for saving the lives of several Bounty Hunters by interrupting attacks. Most notably during the Darth Maul arc in Star Wars: The Clone Wars as he managed to prevent a killing blow from being performed on a Bounty Hunter by Darth Maul himself.