Nightsisters P3 ~ 25% Damage

Is it okay to use this new Nightsister MT Lead team that can get upwards of over 25% Damage on Heroic or will it also be nerfed like all the other teams that do over 10-15%?

Replies

• Options
    Its free to play. Nerf is already incoming to the zombie - how else to sell their newest bounty hunter? ;)
  • Rimzo
    120 posts Member
    Options
    They would have to mess with MT lead zeta, asajj zeta or Daka zeta (bad idea considering the bonds fiasco.) I don’t see it happening as it’s not an “endless loop” hack, but devs seem to get real **** when people find teams that excel.
    Use it and enjoy it for now I say.
  • Options
    Nerfed I’m sure
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    It was "okay" to use Critolyte. Use the squad - eventually it'll get nerfed or not. Whether you use it or not will have no impact.
  • Damodamo
    1588 posts Member
    Options
    So what’s the team? Can’t spot it on reddit? Aaand whats the mechanic, if it’s not looping then we should all be golden?
  • crzydroid
    7333 posts Moderator
    Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    So what’s the team? Can’t spot it on reddit? Aaand whats the mechanic, if it’s not looping then we should all be golden?

I think the team is Talzin lead, Daka, Zombie, Ventress Initiate. l think strat is to leave Initiate dead so when others use basic during topple, she assists.
  • Options
    I think there is no question that this will get nerfed. NS is already being targetted based on P4. So, the question is, can we come up with a reasonable nerf that will keep it fun, tone down the damage, but not ruin things?

On the top of my head, the obvious fix is to cap rampage. Say it's capped on whatever stacks give, say 100K damage hits for a well-modded maxed Asajj? That would limit the usefulness in raid without changing any tactics. And most importantly, it wouldn't affect arena whatsoever.

I really fear they'll mess with the grave assist or the TM, which both are likely to severely hurt NS in arena.

Another imho obvious thing is to remove the 25% offense bonus NS gets in Sith. We don't need it!
  • Options
    I dont see the Need for a nerf everytime something actually works..
  • Options
    Smygelfh wrote: »
    I think there is no question that this will get nerfed. NS is already being targetted based on P4. So, the question is, can we come up with a reasonable nerf that will keep it fun, tone down the damage, but not ruin things?

On the top of my head, the obvious fix is to cap rampage. Say it's capped on whatever stacks give, say 100K damage hits for a well-modded maxed Asajj? That would limit the usefulness in raid without changing any tactics. And most importantly, it wouldn't affect arena whatsoever.

I really fear they'll mess with the grave assist or the TM, which both are likely to severely hurt NS in arena.

Another imho obvious thing is to remove the 25% offense bonus NS gets in Sith. We don't need it!

Noooo don't cap my beautiful Rampage!! Anything but Rampage. By far my favourite zeta so far
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

This guy trolling or syrias ??

you FTP or a whale sir ???

To be really honest this post sound like someone getting nervous about people moving into top 10 when they previously could not...

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Noooo don't cap my beautiful Rampage!! Anything but Rampage. By far my favourite zeta so far

They won't or they woudl have to nerf FOX, young han and every new character they release.....which may become the model....release $$$ nerf for F2p
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Let's be fair here as well...it's obvious 100000000 % CASP is tracking this... he needs to straight up as soon as possible come out and say what the deal is before we waste our zetas building this team...

I don't think it will be nerfed as there is no basis for it...but if he is planning to it's not fair to everyone who reads these posts and starts investing gear and zetas into these characers.

Either say WAI or I'm going to nerf...that's what communication is
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

To be really honest this post sound like someone getting nervous about people moving into top 10 when they previously could not...

I'm Dolphin. I run NS myself and outperform any other NS team in my guild. I'm not at all nervous about top 10 issues. However, since NS vastly outperforms other currently known alternatives in both P3 and P4, I am convinced it will get nerfed, especially as they stated in the whole critolyte affair before P3 dominance was globally known that they thought NS did too well in P4. My main concern is that they will come up with a very bad nerf that hurts NS in arena.

So, I'm proposing, imho reasonable, changes that would still keep the team VERY competitive without changing the gameplay, without hurting outside the raid where there is no problem. And it can easily be tuned by changing exactly what such a Rampage cap is.

And if the problem (in CG's view) is that NS to 50% more damage than they want a team to do, removing the 25% sith raid bonus offense would be a good start. Again, wouldn't change a thing in gameplay, just lower the numbers a bit.

Of course, if they just change the reward structure to not be relative to other players, it wouldn't be a problem with high scores in different phases to begin with...
  • Options
    It won’t get nerfed. The strategy has been around for nearly a year, ever since they were released. It’s too late to go back on it now.

I don’t know what happened to the old video, but I had a lot of requests to duplicate it so people could learn the strategy. I didn’t have much time so I only got a quick run in, but even a poor run did over 7 million damage. Here it is:

https://youtu.be/DmOxdYaRZfw
  • Options
    It won’t get nerfed, because that is how nightsister work, it’s not an exploit like critolite
  • Options
    It won't be nerfed because of how it works. It will likely be nerfed due to being too strong compared to other teams. Same reason expose damage was nerfed at the very start, Rey was *too* dominant. Of course there's a chance the raid is old enough so they're fine with teams scoring 25% or more in some phases. But I wouldn't bet on it. And I wouldn't bet on CG doing an accurate fix.
  • Options

Capping rampage is a huuuuge nerf, it would makes that zeta worth way less than it is now. Removing the 25% offense bonus in STR is also a huge nerf. Both of these "solutions" are thoroughly unacceptable, completely unnecessary, and would anger a large section of the player base. There is no problem here that needs to be fixed, it's not an infinite loop but a legitimate strategy based on mechanics that have been in the game for awhile. The bigger problem is that the raid is too onerous and not fun, and "fixing" NS would only make this worse. And to say, "most importantly, it wouldn't affect arena whatsoever," is just plain absurd. NS are primarily a raid team, though people use them in arena as well.
  • Options
    Easy way to fix:
    Daka Zeta limit hp to a flat % and she wont heal every time on basic by 10% and must use her special to survive and will than revive her companions.
    Another way would be to not count grave assists as an increase to Rampage (as the character will die afterwards if the boss doesnt dies...).

It completely devaluates the damage done by awesome groups in p1, p2 and p4 by super easy gameplay. Just shows that nightsisters are kind of an issue to balance...
  • Options
    [quote="Smygelfh;c-1627
    Dk_rek wrote: »

I'm Dolphin. I run NS myself and outperform any other NS team in my guild. I'm not at all nervous about top 10 issues. However, since NS vastly outperforms other currently known alternatives in both P3 and P4, I am convinced it will get nerfed, especially as they stated in the whole critolyte affair before P3 dominance was globally known that they thought NS did too well in P4. My main concern is that they will come up with a very bad nerf that hurts NS in arena.

So, I'm proposing, imho reasonable, changes that would still keep the team VERY competitive without changing the gameplay, without hurting outside the raid where there is no problem. And it can easily be tuned by changing exactly what such a Rampage cap is.

And if the problem (in CG's view) is that NS to 50% more damage than they want a team to do, removing the 25% sith raid bonus offense would be a good start. Again, wouldn't change a thing in gameplay, just lower the numbers a bit.

Of course, if they just change the reward structure to not be relative to other players, it wouldn't be a problem with high scores in different phases to begin with...

Yeah so They work amazing in P3... But Chex mix and other teams can still beat P3 and most likely will. As for the majority of people barely beating HSTR STILL NEED every NS team they have to deal with P4...

THE ONLY people who would cry about this P3 team is whales who are already crushing raid and don't need the P3 team now have to compete a little bit for top 10...

Things get nerfed because of loops, completly broke (storm han) etc... They don't get nerfed when working WAI, cannot solo, just because whales don't want to compete..

Nerfing on the basis that whales don't wanna compete with top 10 in the mega guilds would be just the dumbest thing ever
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I love how we're past the 6 month mark on the Sith Raid and people are figuring out the mechanics, like they are supposed to, and building teams to actually do meaningful damage, and CG keeps stepping in to mess with it in a way that's far too over reaching for the initial problem. The Critolyte issue was caused by using 7* Traya but they nerfed NS instead. Then they nerfed them again in P4, not to the same degree, but did reduce their effectiveness.

Yet we have a character that can go into the Rancor Raid and win it singlehandedly... But that's ok. It's older content. And now we can solo HAAT. Why do they have such a fascination with punishing us for figuring out THEIR STR mechanics?
  • Options
    vgcwf3snyh4g.png
    bug seems to be getting worse. Tried to close out the app on my phone, restart, etc... but now the attack options disappear whenever I use Talzin's special and a saber dies.

I have also experienced this new bug it didn't happen before but now prevents my run from completing about 75% of the time these last few weeks.

Really seems like they really don't want people running this team but a dev hasn't said so once on here about p3. The zombie fix was supposed to be about zombie in p4 but the kit change (making zombie die instead of mt/initiate) specifically makes this p3 team obsolete now it seems. limiting zombie deaths definitely also nerfs this teams ability to deal damage at the end of the run essentially capping this team off for anyone who knows how to use it.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183018/nightsister-zombie-rework-begone-paper-hello-fat-mega#latest

The devs just nerfed this team into the ground.

Whats worse is this post and others like it have been up on forums for months specifically asking about using this HAAT team in P3 Sith raid and not once did a Dev say this is not working as intended all the fix was about p4 and paper zombie. This is a HAAT TEAM!!!

I called customer service asking for a refund they offered me 200 crystals, I never got it. When I called back because I didn't get the crystals the agent accused me of trying to scam them for 200 crystals telling me I was never promised them in the first place. Sure I'm making it up. Ohhh Noooooo my mastermind evil plot to scam them for $1.75 worth of special game energy was foiled...just ridiculous.

I specifically built this MT Lead team after learning of it more than 6 months ago on a HAAT strategy post. I just finished about a month ago.

Here is a list of what I have invested specifically for aaaclearing HAAT and p3 sith:
    5 zetas MT (2), AV (2), Daka (1)
    G12.5 on MT, AV, Daka, basically all gear beyond levels g7-8 but I would settle for a revert to G10 as a compromise.

Had this team been reported as a unintended exploit I would never have invested the gear or zetas into this faction in the first place.

The end result of all this is customer service cant do anything for me and asked me to come here this is the link they emailed me to contact the devs. I have listed what I feel I have lost as an investment and what would be fair (a revert back to G10 and return of zetas). I realize I likely wont get it, likely wont even get a response at all and I should be happy to get 200 crystals. Maybe I would have been if I ever got the 200... we will never know.
  • Options
    What about enfys nest stack kinda annoying. Would be future rework when peeps get her to 7*. But then again we rework tiers 1-6 of the sith raid. Take away paper zombie how are we suppose to compete in phase 4 of the heroic sith? It’s like these creators don’t wanna see you complete it. That or free up servers when peeps mad quit.

Just my thoughts
  • Options
    Really seems like they really don't want people running this team but a dev hasn't said so once on here about p3. The zombie fix was supposed to be about zombie in p4 but the kit change (making zombie die instead of mt/initiate) specifically makes this p3 team obsolete now it seems. limiting zombie deaths definitely also nerfs this teams ability to deal damage at the end of the run essentially capping this team off for anyone who knows how to use it.

This team isn't necessarily nerfed. It will take a bit more time to set up, but after MT and Initiate have ben killed the 3rd time Zombie will have +100% speed taking more turns, and giving more TM and stacks to Daka/Asajj. It will have to be tested, but I really hope, the designers considered not nerfing this team, since it has nothing to do with the paper zombie issue (using a geared zombie was more efficient).

But yeah, my alt will not gear Initiate and Talzin any further. Ironicaly paper Talzin and Initiate will make setting this team up easier.