Time to get to Nest, plz help

HK666
1263 posts Member
I've largely ignored ships so I can focus my resources on developing characters. Not that I dislike ships, but I just prefer the ground battles. Then Ships 2.0 came along and it became more of a side project, not really a focus but something to pick at. Especially since I got far enough into the battles to farm Sion.

Now, Nest is out, which means I need to reach invest further so I can farm that character too. Instead of guessing which ships can get it done once they and their pilots have been given the proper attention, I'll instead ask the wise people of the forums which team(s) can break through all that. I'm not necessarily looking for the bare minimum, so if g9 pilots are the minimum, I'll prolly take them to g10.

I suspect there's multiple teams that work well, so if you'd like to take a look at what I got to see what's takes less farming from me here's my profile. If not just lemme know who's best... or don't

characters-https://swgoh.gg/u/deeziee/collection/
ships-https://swgoh.gg/u/deeziee/ships/

I've got plenty of credits, training droids, and non-omega mats (of both kinds) and fleet material/credits?, but not enough prestige to keep progressing Thrawn

Thanks all!

Replies

• Options
    Need the hottest pokemon on the block: Geotrio.

Their uniques, once omega’d, make the board trivial.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I'm in a very similar situation. I saw no reason to level up my ships to beat the fleet battles, but now that Enfys is there and probably Bastila too, I'd like to know what I'll need to work on to beat 5-D.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Options
    5-D is easy.
    Step 1: Put Scimitar in the first 3 and make sure it survives.
    Step 2: Reinforce with Tie Advanced
    Step 3: Put Scimitar's retribution buff on Tie Advanced
    Step 4: Shoot stuff
    Step 5: Profit
  • Options
    Sentia wrote: »
    5-D is easy.
    Step 1: Put Scimitar in the first 3 and make sure it survives.
    Step 2: Reinforce with Tie Advanced
    Step 3: Put Scimitar's retribution buff on Tie Advanced
    Step 4: Shoot stuff
    Step 5: Profit

MobileGamer has a video showing this strategy. It works.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I got whipped hard on 5-C twice, (passed B since posting this) without whipping out this strategy. Unless this is gonna carry me all the way to the hard mode 5-E (I'm currently on normal) I'd like to try something more universal. Unless this is the beat all for fleet battles, or there is just no beat all for fleet. Then I pull out the super niche stuff.
  • Options
    This will carry you through 5-E hard.
  • Options
    Rhunne wrote: »
    @jhbuchholz how do you avoid the fact that asoka just takes retribution off and it's game. Over?

Retribution isn't all that important. It's nice if you can get her to use the special early somehow and retain retribution. The important part is the protection up. Thinking about it, Sentia seems to have left out some details. You first put the retribution and protection up on Biggs. It helps Biggs last long enough to get TIE Advanced out.

The starting three: Scimitar, Biggs, Imperial TIE
    Reinforcements: TIE Advanced, Slave I, Cassian's U-Wing, other

Basic strategy:
    Use Scimitar's special to give Biggs protection up and retribution and stealth everyone else.
    Call TIE Advanced as your first reinforcement to spread target lock and keep Biggs alive and taunting.
    Call Cassian's U-Wing to dispel all buffs and use his assist ability to call TIE Advanced on the first turn.
    If needed call Slave I as a second tank and use Thrawn's ultimate to clean up. I didn't get to this step.

I'd recommend checking out the video. It might be easier to understand if you watch it in action.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Well if it works I guess its time to start prepping for it. I'll look for the video once I get a lil closer to actually pulling this off

Couple questions-
    Is TFP just there for his unique, dodge and feed chimera TM?
    Chimera>Home One's prot up on counters/assist?
    Is a seven star Chimera needed? If so, it's farming time.
    Can ahsoka sub in for Cassian? It'd be less work as I've barely touched that ship or its toons. I'll have to finish farming Yolo and Stark before I can think about Jyn. Even Kylo's Command Ship would be a quicker farm. I'll admit neither have the aoe dispel and the call to assist that Cassian brings

Thanks again
  • Options
    I used tarkin lead with tf, vader, and biggs as the first part of the lineup. I used fives, boba, ghost, and fotf as reinforcements but only called in fives before 3 starring it. The strategy is pretty simple. Get tl on as many ships as you can and call in fives to do a massive aoe. Then clean up. Most of them are g11 or g12 so it won't be easy with an underpowered fleet. It's endgame material so you'll probably need to get at least g11 on most of the pilots. Geos woukd work too but I can't bring myself to g11 or g12 them when they are useless eveywhere else.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Nice to know there are alt ways out there. Looking at my roster

Tarkin-g9
    Vader-12
    TFP-9
    Biggs-8
    fives-1 5*
    Boba-9
    Ghost crew-8

Thrawn-g11
    Vader-12
    TFP-9
    biggs-8
    Jyn-not unlocked
    Cassian-1 5*
    K2-1 4*
    Boba-9

It might actually be less work to use the Tarkin strategy. Good to know. Definitely a farm either way, but that's how end game material is, isn't it?
    @DarkHelmet1138 did that get you all the way through fleet battles?
  • Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    Nice to know there are alt ways out there. Looking at my roster

Tarkin-g9
    Vader-12
    TFP-9
    Biggs-8
    fives-1 5*
    Boba-9
    Ghost crew-8

Thrawn-g11
    Vader-12
    TFP-9
    biggs-8
    Jyn-not unlocked
    Cassian-1 5*
    K2-1 4*
    Boba-9

It might actually be less work to use the Tarkin strategy. Good to know. Definitely a farm either way, but that's how end game material is, isn't it?
    @DarkHelmet1138 did that get you all the way through fleet battles?

Yeah, I haven't 3 starred everything yet. Not much point with no rewards. But I beat them all to get the zetas. The strategy works with Thrawn too btw. I beat most of them with Chimeria before switching back to Tarkin. I like the tm gain you get when any ship is destroyed you get with Tarkin's unique so I swiched to that for my fleet arena. I only had 2 stars the first time through with Thrawn on 5D. 3 starred it easily today so I have nest on farm. I did try 5C again since it is probably the hardest. I went from one star to 2 stars and can probably 3 star it with a few tries. But I'm probably not going to waste the energy on any of the other ones until they put decent rewards on there.
  • Options
    Rhunne wrote: »
    I'm still getting absolutely annihilated and I'm ready to break my frikken phone... 3 hours trying, every possible frikken combination and I'm about to loose my GD mind... I've watched the videos I've tried what they suggest but it DOESN'T Work.

I lose tfp before anything ever **** time.. Every time. Then I manage to get stealth off with maul and.. They call in clone trooper which now taunts.. I call Vader and it's now game over.. It doesn't work. Plain and simple

What gear level are your pilots? You need tfp and biggs to both be geared up a lot. Tfp so your tie can go first and with decent rng get target lock. This gives biggs the taunt. Biggs needs geared up so he can take the first onslaught without dying. Then you get a turn with vader or biggs. I use this to put tl on another toon. Vader almost always gets it on his target and biggs does sometimes. With luck you'll have it on two or three of them. Then they call a reinforcement and have a taunt. That's ok. Then I call fives in. With his reinforcement geared up he can put tl on all enemies with low tm. So you probably have at least 3 of the enemies target locked by now so fives gets extra dmg for each tl enemy on his special. This should be enogh to take out a few enemies if you have fives geared up. Then it's a 4 on 2 battle from there and mace doesn't really have anything that let's them come back from that. But if you tf is too slow they will go first and probably kill your vader and it's down hill from there.
  • Options
    I agree the Scimitar is the key, you dont need to farm otherwise useless chars (geo) to make it, just do biggs, vader and scimitar under a tarkin or aa lead.
  • Options
    3 starred it with geos (all g11, all omegad) under tarkin. Worked better than ackbar. Scimitar off bench to keep stealth up on soldier & spy, then plo koon to restore protection & health, and then used tarkins tie attack to clean up.