Next Zeta, raid team and general advice, and what should I farm next with certain currencies?

I've been playing for about 8 months and have made considerable progress, following the sage advice of many on this forum. Now I'm focusing mostly on my JTR farm but am standing at a bit of a crossroads otherwise. I believe I already have my most critical zetas and am unsure where to place my next Zetas.

This is what I have right now: https://swgoh.gg/u/letareus/collection/

And here is a summary of where I stand. I top my arena and fleet shards almost every day for my payout with my meta-zPalp-nightmare squad (or former meta if the new metas are Jedi/Traya) and my 7 star Tarkin fleet. I've finished the Legendary farms for Thrawn, Palpatine, R2D2, CLS, and BB8. I recently shifted my focus to JTR prep after finishing up my BB8 (First Order) team.

Aside from my Legendary farm toons, I invested heavily in Sion and Nihilus for arena (finished Sion and am on the final stretch for Nihilus), Biggs and TFP for fleet arena, Boba Fett for fleet arena/raids/heists, a little bit in Wedge, Ahsoka, Poe, and Ackbar (7 stars but only G8, for miscellaneous reasons). I have 7 star raid Han and 7 star Rex, both basically ungearead and skills not leveled because of greater priorities.

My daily shard farm currently consists of Nihilus, Shoretrooper, Scavenger Rey, Finn (HM only), and Vet Han/Vet Chewy). With currency, I buy Chirrut shards with fleet (on final stretch to 7 stars) and Ventress with arena currency (just started and currently on hold while I max out the skills on my recently 7-starred Executrix). I'm not even sure I should be farming Ventress - the only reason I'm farming her is because she's used in an Ackbar lead HAAT team.

**1**
My main question for currency farming is what should I farm with Cantina and Galactic War currency? I don't see anything high priority left in those stores.

From the cantina store, I already maxed shards for Chopper, Ahsoka, Boba Fett, FOO, and Poe. What else is there worth getting? Old Daka is a necessity for a Nightsister squad, but what are Nightsisters good for? Hoth Rebel Scout is good only for TB I think, not a priority. Stormtrooper could be used for a Trooper squad, which I do think is a long-term priority, but there are better toons for a trooper squad.

From the squad arena store, I'm currently farming Ventress and Prestige. The only reason I'm farming Ventress is for the Ackbar lead, CLS, BB8, Thrawn, Ventress HAAT team, but supposedly raid Han can be used instead of Ventress, and I already have 7 star Raid Han. Is Han good enough in Ventress's place that I can just forget about Ventress? Besides Ventress, the only toon I see in squad arena worth getting is IG88 as a bounty hunter, and that's not a priority. Anything else in this store worth getting? I already have Kanan, Leia, Tarkin, Ackbar, and ST Han shards maxed.

From the Galactic War store, I don't see anything of value left. I already have all the ships I want, Zeb, Biggs, and Phasma maxed on shards. Eventually I might want the Geonosian ships, but I'd rather have shard store shards right now. Anything in this store I should farm? I've heard the names Teebo and Dathcha tossed around but have no idea what use they are.

**2**
My main question about Zetas is what the next several Zetas I should get are. What Zetas should I get next and in what order? I already have enough mats for 1 Zeta and am about halfway to the next one.

The Zetas I already have are:
Palpatine lead for arena and misc
Vader lead for soloing Heroic Rancor, HAAT p2, and tier 5 STR (not ideal as the debuffs are getting harder to apply but still does more damage than any other team I have)
Sion unique for arena and raids
Thrawn unique for my raids and a slight arena buff
Nihilus' unique for a slight arena buff.

The Zetas I am considering are (not in any particular order):
Finn leadership - I've heard many say this is the best Zeta in the game. Unfortunately, I won't have a real Resistance team for a long time. I believe a real resistance team requires Resistance Trooper, who I won't start farming for another 2-3 months (and another 3-4 months to max out), so 6-7 months at the earliest until I get a viable Resistance Trooper. Of course, if people advise me that he is super important to get and that I should get him ASAP, I could move that timetable up. But unless I do that, the only Resistance team I'll have for the next half a year is Finn, Scavenger Rey, Poe, BB8, and R2D2.
So with that in mind, what priority should I give Finn's zeta?

Palpatine's unique - gives Palp a moderate survival boost which may or may not help in any situation I use Palpatine in (I use him a lot). However, I was advised that it makes no difference to his survival in arena, which is why I haven't gotten it yet.

Vader's unique - probably a low priority, but my Vader actually ocasionally has a hard time surviving and regaining health in raids and occasionally in arena. Also, I would like his ship to be stronger, but I've heard that a second Zeta does not improve ship stats, or at least speed.

CLS unique (It Binds All Things) - The only thing I use CLS for right now is soloing HAAT p1 and for various mediocre raid/TB teams under a Wiggs ead. Until I put together a team that uses CLS I'm not sure this should be a priority, and I'm not even sure if this Zeta is needed for those teams. However, I might be able to put one of these teams together right now - Ackbar lead, CLS, BB8, Raid Han, Thrawn. As I don't have a real HAAT team yet, I would love to put this team together ASAP, but I don't know if this Zeta is needed or useful for that team. Also, I don't know how good a substitute Raid Han is for Ventress.

CLS's other unique (Learn Control) and leader - some people have them, are they good for anything?

Raid Han unique - I've had him at 7 stars for a long time but never bothered to gear him because I had no use for him (also I don't really know what he's used for besides that HAAT team). Now that I have BB8, I can use him in that Ackbar lead HAAT team. However, I'm a bit skeptical that he can really stand in for Ventress. So my questions about raid Han and his zeta are, can he really stand in for Ventress in that Ackbar team, how useful/necessary is his Zeta towards that end, and besides his role in the HAAT team, what is he good for?

KRU leadership - I was considering this for a long time because I thought it might be needed for BB8. It was not and I now have 7 star BB8. It still looks like it helps a First Order team a lot as their main problem is that their health goes down and never goes up. I thought that if I got this, it would make my First Order team (with Phasma, unfortunately) a more viable general purpose raid/TB/TW team.

R2D2 unique (Number Crunch) - It looks nice, but I don't have a real use for R2D2 right now. I use him for miscellaneous mediocre raid teams (usually with my undergeared Leia who is still a decent dps) with mixed success.

**3**
Raid Teams. RIght now, my only real raid team is my zVader hRancor/HAAT p2 team: zVader lead, Palp, Thrawn, Boba Fett, Tarkin for Rancor/Sion for HAAT. I have a G12 CLS and Biggs that I don't believe I'm using to their max potential. I have 7 star Raid Han, Rex, and soon Chirrut that are ungeared and just sitting there. Phoenix is still one of my "main" raid teams for HAAT p2 and STR p2/3. I use CLS to solo HAAT p1. I use Wiggs+CLS with a couple misc toons for HAAT and STR with mediocre results. I use my KRU lead First Order team that does OK until they die b/c their health never goes up. I use Nihilus/Sion with 3 misc non-ideal characters as a STR team that does decent damage if I can get Pain to stick. And I use some combination of TFP, R2D2, Leia, Old Ben, ST Han, my 6th Phoenix, Ahsoka, and Jedi Consular (whichever I didn't use with Nihilus/Sion) to round things out with a decidedly bad team.

While I am farming for JTR as my primary focus right now, I believe I am capable of simultaneously grabbing a few other toons (I'm already farming shoretrooper/Nihilus every day, Ventress with arena currency, and Chirrut with fleet currency) if they can be combined with my existing toons to make a viable raid team of some sort. Soon I'll basically just be waiting on vet Han/Chewy shards so I'll be able to farm even more more easily. So I would like to know what I can get to make some viable raid teams for HAAT/non-heroic STR at the least cost (by utilizing my existing toons).

The only possibility I'm aware of is the Ackbar lead HAAT team with CLS, Thrawn, BB8, Ventress/Raid Han, and for that I had several questions I posted above and won't repeat here. Besides that, are there any other viable teams I can make easily in combination with what I have for HAAT or STR (currently on tier V)?

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing I can tell you for certain is that you don't need KRU lead zetad. With your current gear you might not even need to move mods (I got BB8 with the same gear levels as you, but with one more gear level on KRU). You'll probably already have BB by time you read this post, seeing as the event is going

The rest of this post is stuff I don't know for sure, as I'm relatively new compared to a lot of other people on here. They'll provide better answer than I can
  • Options
    Dude.... Trim the fat a little bit.
  • Options
    For cantina store Daka or Hoth Scout next. Daka is pretty much essential to any nightsister team. Her heal/revive and stun works great in TW and TB. Hoth Scout is required at five star minimum to be able to enter some of the TB missions, that’s all you’ll ever need him for. You could also get Fives since he has a solid ship and is decent for TW defense. You’ll probably want Pao if you plan to build a Chex mix team for p3 of the STR.

For arena store Asajj is good. If you want to save putting a zeta on her unique for HAAT, you can replace her with young Han. Either zAsajj or young Han is better than Raid Han since his damage doesn’t stack. But he does work. Greedo and IG-88 are good bounty hunters, you could go for them next. It looks like bounty hunters will be good in STR. Cassian is good for his ship.

For GW store Teebo is really only used to beat rancor raid, you don’t need him. Dathcha is really only used with CLS and raid Han to beat p1 HAAT so you don’t need him either. You talk about eventually having a zFinn team, so Resistance Pilot could work in that team. K2SO is good for Cassian’s ship. Most of the GW toons aren’t extremely useful.

For zetas you probably don’t want to put many more on your arena team, since zPalp has been meta for about six months. I expect you’ll find a better team in not too long. So you could save up if you want. But anyways IBAT is probably the best option, then either of R2’s, KRU only if you make a good FO team, raid Han if you think you’ll want to use him a lot, and lastly zFinn because your resistance team isn’t really that good yet. You’ll definitely want RT.

Some good STR teams
    P1: RJT + Resistance, GMY/Bastila + Jedi, BHs
    P2: Same as above, FO, Imp Troopers, Phoenix
    P3: Chex mix, BHs, Nightsisters, Imp Troopers
    P4: Nightsisters, Imp Troopers, FO

Some good HAAT teams
    Solo: zader, Wampa, CLS, Thrawn, BB8
    Ackbar, Wampa, Hoda, CLS, BB8
    Ackbar, Hoda, Thrawn, BB8, CLS
    P2: FO, zFinn + Resistance
    P3-P4: Ackbar, CLS, BB8, Thrawn, zAsajj/yHan

Next time please include a TL;DR in your post.
  • Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    You'll probably already have BB by time you read this post

I did, I said in my OP that I had it already.
    Next time please include a TL;DR in your post.

Maybe I should have made 3 or more different threads. I had a ton of questions piling up over the past few months. Should I do that? A moderator might take issue with that if I just post three threads at once or merge them lol. If this thread doesn't work out I might make 3-5 different threads with pretty much the same questions instead.
    Daka is pretty much essential to any nightsister team.

Yes, but what do I need a nighsister team for? What's it good for/used for? As far as I know, it's only good for STR p3/p4 and I only knew that because you told me. It's easier to gear up 1 toon (zVentress for HAAT) than 5 toons. I suppose it's also used for those Nightsister events but since I have so many toons to gear up, it will be a long time before I can build a NS team just for that. Maybe if they were insanely good at STR (more so than any other team) I would start farming them. Is that the case?
    raid Han if you think you’ll want to use him a lot,
    What is he used for besides the Ackbar lead HAAT team in which Ventress is better anyway? Besides Chex mix, I just looked it up when you mentioned it and I'm a little iffy on it since I have to gear up 4 toons. If raid Han is useful for more than just Chex Mix I might go for it though.
    For arena store Asajj is good. If you want to save putting a zeta on her unique for HAAT, you can replace her with young Han. Either zAsajj or young Han is better than Raid Han since his damage doesn’t stack. But he does work. Greedo and IG-88 are good bounty hunters, you could go for them next. It looks like bounty hunters will be good in STR. Cassian is good for his ship.

Thanks, unless I receive more advice otherwise, I think I'll just get Ventress. And I'll get IG-88 after Ventress, I've heard good things about him. People have said Greedo is no good though, interesting. Cassian's ship requires Jyn Erso who is only obtainable from the Guild store and rarely shows up there at that, so I don't think I'll bother with that for a long time.
    For zetas you probably don’t want to put many more on your arena team, since zPalp has been meta for about six months. I expect you’ll find a better team in not too long.
    Maybe, but there are no teams currently out that I would replace my EP team with except maybe Traya but I won't get her for a long time since I don't think my guild will be HSTR ready for another year or so. My EP team can beat Bastila teams just fine and apparently EP is the counter to Traya. EP is also one of my main raid characters, certainly a lot more useful than CLS which has so far been relatively useless. My only doubt about this zeta is how much of a boost to EP it actually is.
    But anyways IBAT is probably the best option, then either of R2’s
    As I just mentioned, CLS has been pretty useless so far. I have him at G12. Maybe when I get Ventress CLS will finally be good for something besides soloing p1 HAAT (which isn't that helpful since my guildmates clear p1 too fast for me to do much damage that way). But by that time I'll probably have 3 Zetas saved up, so I don't know why he should be my next Zeta.

Maybe if you or anyone can explain how I can use CLS for something useful besides soloing HAAT p1 until I get Ventress, I would have a higher opinion of him. RIght now I only use him solo for p1 HAAT or in a team with G8 Wedge lead, G12+ Biggs, CLS, G9 Ackbar, and G8 Kanan or G9 Old Ben. His team does 200-400k where my Vader/EP team does 1-3 million and 500-900k where my Vader/EP team does 2-4 million.

So, what/how can I use CLS that would justify giving him a Zeta (until I get Ventress)? Also, what use is R2 because so far, I've only used him to unlock CLS and usually pair him with Leia in my worst raid team to boost her damage a little and help her survive 1 or 2 turns longer.
    raid Han if you think you’ll want to use him a lot
    The only things that I know raid Han is used for is a role that Ventress does a lot better anyway and Chex mix which I have to farm DT for and that requires cantina energy which won't be available until both my Vets are at 7 stars (so 2-3 months). I've had raid Han at 7 stars for months so it would be great if he's useful for something.
  • Options
    Nightsisters are good in heroic rancor, p2, p3 and p4 of HAAT, p3 STR, p4 STR, TW offense (not defense because Imp Troopers and Sith will crush them), TB, and with a seven star Talzin you can get zetas from Tier 2 of Defense of Dathomir. For p4 STR they are currently the best team.

Han is an all around good character, especially with his zeta. He’s good in heroic rancor, HAAT, Chex mix, TB, TW, and lots of events. I would recommend you level him up at least a bit, he’s fun to use.

Greedo is very good after his rework. He can do millions in p3 STR because of his unique. And his payout is great. But he’s not very good without BHs. Speaking of BHs, they are great in the first three phases of STR, ones of the highest damage dealing teams.

Right now Palpatine is still a very commonly used character, and his unique is alright but he’s still pretty squishy even with that zeta. I’m sure we’ll be seeing some more legendary characters and Heroes Journeys soon. I’m thinking that in the next couple months the meta will be different, and you might have a new team that needs zetas. Palpatine (without Traya) is simply starting to phase out in older arena shards, mine only has maybe 5 or so left in the top 50.

CLS can solo the rancor by himself with IBAT zetaed, and he can be used to solo the HAAT which iirc requires the zeta. I’ve never heard anyone say they regret IBAT, and I really only suggested it should be next because it’s a solid zeta that gives him lots of TM, and it looks like you don’t have many other good characters to zeta at the moment.

IMO this game is really fun when you branch out and level up a character or faction that doesn’t have as many uses, but is still solid. Most characters in this game only shine in one or two areas, but they’re not bad over all. For example, I zetaed and brought my Kylo Ren to g12, even though my FO isn’t leveled very much. By himself he’s only really good in TW and p1 HAAT, but it’s fun to play around sometimes. Again that’s just my opinion.
  • Options
    @Letareus, I was going to type out a super-long response, but decided against it. Instead, I just recommend that you check out the following farming video. It isn't absolutely perfect, but it's at least a 9 out of 10, and Warrior does a good job of explaining why you should be farming these characters (i.e. what they're used for in the game, and therefore whey they're important). Once you have a good understanding of the "core" squads to focus on, and then the additional focus squads that you work on after these first ones, I think you'll have a good idea of where to focus your Zetas.

https://youtu.be/a2_J_BwXSOY

• Options
    I now have enough mats for 2 zetas. Like I said, by the time CLS will actually be useful to me, I'll probably have enough mats for a third or even a fourth.

I'm leaning towards making multiple new threads. I really want a large number of people offering opinions, not just 1 or 2. I can make a large thread on CLS alone.

Heroic Rancor is not a plus IMO for any character since I already have a team that solos the entire raid just fine.
    TW/TB utility is also not something that will factor into my decision making for a long time. It's a long term luxury, IMO. Right now, raid and arena performance are the only factors driving my decision making and I pretty much have arena performance locked down though more is always better.
    Nightsisters are good in heroic rancor, p2, p3 and p4 of HAAT, p3 STR, p4 STR, TW offense (not defense because Imp Troopers and Sith will crush them), TB, and with a seven star Talzin you can get zetas from Tier 2 of Defense of Dathomir. For p4 STR they are currently the best team.

Han is an all around good character, especially with his zeta. He’s good in heroic rancor, HAAT, Chex mix, TB, TW, and lots of events. I would recommend you level him up at least a bit, he’s fun to use.

Greedo is very good after his rework. He can do millions in p3 STR because of his unique. And his payout is great. But he’s not very good without BHs. Speaking of BHs, they are great in the first three phases of STR, ones of the highest damage dealing teams.

Wow, you have me sold on Nightsisters then. I had no idea they were that useful/versatile. Nightsisters are going to be a long term goal, however, since I'll basically have to farm and gear 5 full characters. They might be the first team I build after I get JTR, however, perhaps ahead of Troopers which was going to be my first team after JTR. The only short term goal here is Ventress who I will be farming and gearing asap to finish my HAAT team.

I'm not yet sold on raid Han though, it sounds like everything he can do other characters can do as well or better.

A BH team requires Bossk, I believe. I have no plans to farm him anytime soon nor do I have the resources to spare anyway, especially if I'm going for nightsisters after JTR and troopers after them. So Greedo isn't going to be useful anytime soon either.
    Right now Palpatine is still a very commonly used character, and his unique is alright but he’s still pretty squishy even with that zeta. I’m sure we’ll be seeing some more legendary characters and Heroes Journeys soon. I’m thinking that in the next couple months the meta will be different, and you might have a new team that needs zetas. Palpatine (without Traya) is simply starting to phase out in older arena shards, mine only has maybe 5 or so left in the top 50

I'm on a January 2018 shard, so pretty young. My shard is 70-80% EP nightmare meta teams with the rest mostly Bastila teams with a smattering of miscellaneous teams like JTR. There is one 5 star Traya who just showed up one week ago. EP=Bastila, EP>Traya, and EP very easily crushes all those miscellaneous JTR/Rex/CLS teams. And that's all there is right now. I hear other shards have BH teams in the arena but there are none on mine. The only issue is how good the EP unique zeta actually is. zzEP is usually noticeably more annoying to kill when I fight another EP team in arena which is not nothing, but forum advice thus far has been fairly consistent that it doesn't help much.

There was just a major rework of Jedi/GMY and the introduction of a few new Jedi characters. Since the Bastila team is sort of the new "meta" and can be beaten with an EP team, I don't really expect another new meta that soon. I hope to get another ~6 months of utility out of my EP team in arena, if not more. Even if a new meta shows up it'll have to wait till it's F2P farmable (even though I'm not completely F2P) before I'll think about adopting it. Right now, even the new Bastila "meta" isn't technically farmable yet. And I won't be adopting it, probably ever, since it's roughly equivalent to EP nightmare.
    CLS can solo the rancor by himself with IBAT zetaed, and he can be used to solo the HAAT which iirc requires the zeta. I’ve never heard anyone say they regret IBAT, and I really only suggested it should be next because it’s a solid zeta that gives him lots of TM, and it looks like you don’t have many other good characters to zeta at the moment.
    Can CLS solo all 4 phases of HAAT if I zeta him, or just phase 1? I can already solo phase 1 with CLS without zetas. As I said, he does it too slowly for that to be really useful. My guild clears phase 1 in like 10-20 minutes of raid launch.
    @Letareus, I was going to type out a super-long response, but decided against it. Instead, I just recommend that you check out the following farming video.

I watched it, I'd give it a 20% rating. I agree basically with his general farming order of Phoenix, Empire, CLS, FO, JTR (basically the Legendaries), but I disagree with many of his side project choices and even with some of the primary pillar advice.

For example, you don't need Veers, Stormtrooper, or Snowtrooper at the beginning. The only Empire characters you need are Tarkin, TFP, Vader, then EP and Thrawn via Phoenix. That's your arena team until you can replace TFP and Tarkin with Sion/Nihilus (though at this point it may be too late for TFP/Tarkin to be effective - when I got them it was still enough to place first for 1-2 months). If I had gotten sidetracked with Veers/ST/Snowtrooper it would have been a devastating setback to my arena progress and I probably would have missed the arena dominance train that has allowed me to place 1st or 2nd in arena almost every day for the past several months.

It's also completely lacking two of the most important characters - Sion and Nihilus which should be priority #1 after getting EP, Thrawn, and Vader, even more so than CLS/R2/BB8/JTR. Sion/Nihilus allow you to place first in arena every day for your payout. WIthout them I wouldn't have been able to lock down 1st in arena for my payout almost every day which means 500 fewer crystals per day which means drastically slower progression.

For bounty hunters and scoundrels, you don't need all that Cad Bane/IG-88/Lando or whatever garbage. You only need one BH - Boba Fett. Gear him as high as possible with good mods and you can clear all the heists at the highest tier. Boba can solo all the heists, a lot of the events, and even some of the BH-only territory battle battles. I still don't have another viable BH/scoundrel and I don't feel like I really need one anytime soon. I won't be able to afford to farm Bossk for a long time and without Bossk, you don't have a real full BH team, and anything that doesn't require that can be solod by Fett. And his ship is really good too. I actually started to gear/level a few BH's/scoundrels besides Fett and I regret it - they were completely unnecessary - even with the slight/moderate investment they still die in 1-2 hits and do little damage.

Biggs is spot on for a first pillar side project, but TFP and Tarkin should have been there too. Those 3 plus Vader and Phoenix allow you to dominate fleet arena, for another 400 crystals/day. I'm glad I maxed out my Tarkin as soon as I did (when I was still working on Phoenix), on the advice of a friend here on the forums. It allowed me to start dominating fleet arena farily early on.

I don't understand his emphasis on TB so early on when an up and coming player shouldn't worry about that at all. Until you finish your legendary farm IMO, you should worry about squad/fleet arena first, raid performance second, and that's it. If you are effective at those you can make a decent enough contribution to TB/TW. I don't see why you would even consider characters only useful for TB like the Hoth brothers until you have your arena and raid teams completely squared away.

Rogue One characters are completely unnecessary at the stage of the game he's recommending. I still don't have any except Chirrut who I haven't started to gear or use yet. I have a 7 star Rex but I have no use for him yet. I probably should have spent that fleet currency on zetas instead. And there are other completely superfluous/useless side projects he recommends like Bariss/Qui-Gon/Maul/Zam. DT/ST are useful I agree, but their ship is currently useless IMO (used to be great before ships 2.0 though). Scimitar is also useless atm as well.

Worst F2P farming guide ever for 2018. If I followed his guide I would be much less successful than I have been. After watching it I have no better idea how to prioritize my zetas.