casting bones... next team

Ntz
15 posts Member
General question:

I just finished farming Scion and getting my Ships where they need to be and am ready to move on to a new farming challenge. I'd really like to get a "team" up to snuff, and I'm looking to the community wisdom for advice on the best team to spend my time on, both in terms of current usefulness across the game (ex: raid, TW, TB, Arena) and based on where you might think future usefulness might arise (ex: surely they'll be more FO characters).

The teams I'm interested in farming are First Order, Bounty Hunters, or Imperial Troopers. I have at least mid-level f2p versions of them, and I don't need FO to unlock BB8 or better BH for a better level of Credit Heist. What I'm wanting to do is really focus on a team for a few months to get it to a point where it can be used in almost any part of the game that I would need it.

Also curious if they are all just sort of in the same lump of usefulnesss (albeit with different uses) and thus it should just come down to the dreaded... personal liking.

Really open and excited to any input.

Replies

• Options
    Of those 3 factions, bounty hunters have a slight edge in usefulness because there are bounty events. Next most useful would be troopers. Both bounty hunters and troopers are needed in territory battles as well as the rebel roundup event. First order are useful in guild events and raids, but aside from BB-8, they are not needed for anything and the other two are.

In my opinion, the bounty hunter payout concept also makes them more fun to play.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    credit heist should be #1 priority imo. also, posting your swgoh.gg account would help people tell you what you might need. glgl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ntz
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    credit heist should be #1 priority imo. also, posting your swgoh.gg account would help people tell you what you might need. glgl

Sorry if I was unclear, but my point was I have BB8, I have max level credit heist and droid smuggling. Basically, I didn't want a bunch of answers that are totally valid but unnecessary for me. I would post my swgoh.gg account, but the 5 times I've tried to figure that out, I've failed.

plus, it's honestly more of a generic question than based on my account. Let me phrase it his way:

How would you rank Bounty Hunters, First Order, and Imperial troopers as factions in terms of overall usefulness and need assuming: a) a player has all the mid-game needs unlocked (BB8, credits...) and b) the person wants to farm the faction to 7* gear 11-12.

• Shok
    73 posts Member
    Options
    I'm at the exact same crossroad and have resolved to do the following in this order

1. BHs to g10 (waiting on Aurra & Embo to go g12)
    2. Troopers to g10 + zeta (just enough to pull IPD shards)
    3. Horde gear in anticipation of new FO/BH legendary
  • Options
    I would go with BH or FO I think. I've seen some pretty good FO teams around that are fun to play with. But BH could also be really fun since they just got new characters and may be getting more BH's in the future.
  • Options
    If you have no specific projects I would save gear. I think SWGOH is going to be releasing better characters to complete Raid content. So when they come along you'd be ready.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Assuming your troopers can beat IPD, and sticking to FTP (not buying Sing for STR p3)

BH- Versitle PVE use + events
    FO- inevitable that they get more attention with the next movie, currently a good team but not the best
    Imp Troopers- couple events, NS counter, DSTB team, but if they can beat IPD they shouldn't need much more development than that

Now, if you Imp troopers can't get those sweet IPD shards, I'd get them there first. But you did say g11-12, and with the veers zeta it's doable at g9-10

However, I'd also recommend hoarding resources over any of these, unless you have a specific use in mind
  • Options
    If you have no specific projects I would save gear. I think SWGOH is going to be releasing better characters to complete Raid content. So when they come along you'd be ready.

This.

There seems a to be a bit of a lull. Obviously get ready for JTR. But apart from that?

I'm holding fire.

Imperial Troopers are a heck of a lot of fun tho ;)
  • Options
    Boba looks like an answer to Bastilla lead if you dont have Traya. I was sleeping on them until the new drops this week!

I run first Order in arena and can confirm that they destroy pretty much any variation of Bastila teams, whether it be gk, old Ben, nihilus, or thrawn.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    From Carries reddit post there will be multiple legendary events coming up in the back half of cg's fiscal year (ie October to april) thry are likely to require old republic characters for one, prepared characters for another and bounty hunters for a third (possibly in some way requiring new ones).
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    From Carries reddit post there will be multiple legendary events coming up in the back half of cg's fiscal year (ie October to april) thry are likely to require old republic characters for one, prepared characters for another and bounty hunters for a third (possibly in some way requiring new ones).

Link?