My Cassian's u-wing never counters. Does yours?

I realized the other day that I've never seen it counter. So I've since tried to play at 1x speed, keeping an eye out for stealth and daze, and I've found that it truly never counters.

After a bit of googling, I see that it's a common problem. However there are also people who say that their u-wing counters frequently. To complicate matters further, some people claim that their u-wing counters, but much less than the 30%/60% that's stated in the ability description.

Here are a couple of threads:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/97j5dl/can_anyone_confirm_that_cassians_uwing_is_broken/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8uddzv/have_you_ever_seen_cassians_uwing_counterattack/

I also found a bug report, where EA says they've tested it and found that it does counter:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cassian-s-UWing-Does-Not-Counter/m-p/6875359#M14605

Anyway, I only use mine as reinforcement. Perhaps Cassian's u-wing counters when placed in the starting lineup, but doesn't when used as reinforcement

So to anyone who's using Cassian's u-wing, I'm curious to hear whether your ship counters as expected, and whether you're using it in the starting lineup, or as reinforcement.

Replies

• Options
    Mine is always stunned so I don’t know lol. I use mine off the bench as well.
  • Options
    I use him as reinforcement: no counters at all.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I posted that previous bug report. They said they tested it and it works.

I put him in the opening lineup the next day and finally he countered the first time he was shot. So I thought I was just stupid. Ive put him back on my bench, and He has NEVER COUNTERED SINCE THEN. Its literally impossible with how much I use him that he has never countered again. So maybe you have the right of it - it doesnt work off of the bench.

I'm going to edit my bug report and link this thread. Something is not right.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Edited the bug report. If you have the same issue, may help if you post there also, so they know its not just crazy me.
  • Options
    Whoa, I didn't even realise it was meant to!

I use off the bench regularly for the mass dispell and have for months. I have never seen his ship counter. Ever.
  • Options
    Always use him off the bench for mass dispel and he's never countered.

Same here. At least I've certainly never noticed it.
  • Options
    Yup. Never countered off the bench. I'll actively start tracking it now too, so it's not just the 'ole human brain/stats/RNG complaint everyone uses.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies! We've found a bug here for sure. It's a bug that severely reduces the usefulness of the ship, so I really hope we can get EA to look into it again, particularly in the case when the ship is used as reinforcement.

VonZant, kudos for reporting this bug in the first place. :) Btw, the #2 post in the bug report has been marked as an Accepted Solution, and in my browser tab it says "Solved: Cassian's UWing...", so I think they probably won't look at that report again. I don't know whether you can remove your acceptance of their first answer, or perhaps we need to submit a new bug report?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I tried to unaccept it but it may be too old. I will report it again Monday when people are back in the office.
  • Options
    Will keep an eye out for it, thanks! :)
  • Incnerator
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I looked this up because mine never counters and that’s how I found this thread. It’s very important to his survivability with my Ackbar lead. Also use off bench.
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    If I recall correctly this does not only affect Cassian but also other ships' abilites when used as reinforcement. Like ITF TM boost for the capitol ship on dodges is not working when ITF is being reinforced, but works fine when put in the starting line up.