Testing offense stacks for stand alone?

Gannon
1630 posts Member
edited August 2018
Has anyone tested aurra sing or other p3 str teams with some less used toons such as vet chewy, young han, or mission & z?
Would be nice to see how the stacking offense could amp damage during stand alone.
My testing looked promising, but gear was too low to judge accurately.

Replies

• Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    ?
    Post edited by Gannon on
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Do you mean specifically offense that stacks over time? Offense Up seems to pass, so assuming it just passes current effective offense.
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    No, I mean for example.. I tested my Chex Remix squad in p3 (i don't have zeta han so I use Boba lead, greedo in Hans place, pao, chirrut, and dt. It's very similar, if not slightly higher damage.)
    So yesterday I replaced pao with vet chewy, cuz the rng with bad mods kept isolating pao before he could pop offense up. Due to vet chewy unique, stacking offense when enemies move, I did slightly higher damage than I did with offense up. My vet chewy is unmodded and still low level..
    So with this in mind, could this make toons like vet chewy and the others listed useful in raid on a line with aurra sing? (Embo is too good in p1 with a full hunter line to give those up)
    Post edited by Gannon on
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    Does that make sense to anyone?
    Vet Chewy specifically gets +12% offense, stacking, per enemy move. with no speed mods, that's a TON of stacked offense in p3.. and it all boosts the person who stands alone.
    Anyone?
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    No-one has tested yet still?
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sounds like you did test it, if you saw improved numbers.

Can we see the stats on your team?

I'd be willing to try this in place of Pao, but my Vet Chewie is g9.
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    I tested with a garbage vet chewy, he just hit 7*, and is still g7 and lvl55 or so with no mods. I'm curious to see how a well modded one with decent gear would improve it, I'm sure his offense would be significantly higher
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    pi6m8hsa8nk2.png

I was thinking of how to increase the damage output of Sing originally.. So this is what I wanted to test basically. The hunters with sing were just the first I clicked, could be any two tho to get the best output or fastest contract..
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    Vet Chewy specifically gets +12% offense, stacking, per enemy move. with no speed mods, that's a TON of stacked offense in p3.. and it all boosts the person who stands alone.
    Anyone?

Imo, 50% extra offense on 4 toons in kinda bigger than, say, 72%(6×12) offense on one toon lol.
    Meh, could be wrong. Maths isn't my strongest suit. But can't see it working, replacing pao. You *could* replace chirrut, but then its even more rng. I'd pass either way.

Btw, i've tried once with replacing chewie with chirrut once. And yes, it gave slightly higher damage than my previous chex mix teams. But it was more rng, so wouldn't recommend.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    So just crunching numbers for regular Chex Mix, I don't think this is worth it as there are only 4 enemy moves before stand alone. Even if it keeps transferring the stacking during stand alone, with my calculations, it doesn't quite stack up to offense up on a Han squad.

As my Greedo is also undergeared, I'm not familiar with how many enemy moves there are before stand alone. I am doing some rough estimates of a minimum of 9-12 enemy turns on a fully geared and modded team before it breaks even with offense up on everyone...of course, I was using numbers from my CLS instead of Boba, but they look to have similar base offense.
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    Anyone?

Imo, 50% extra offense on 4 toons in kinda bigger than, say, 72%(6×12) offense on one toon lol.
    Meh, could be wrong. Maths isn't my strongest suit. But can't see it working, replacing pao. You *could* replace chirrut, but then its even more rng. I'd pass either way.

Btw, i've tried once with replacing chewie with chirrut once. And yes, it gave slightly higher damage than my previous chex mix teams. But it was more rng, so wouldn't recommend.

You're right, but I'm saying as a separate team from Chex mix or Remix. From the vids I've seen, aurra sing can hit 10% in p3 without compromising the Chex line. I wanted to see if i could increase it by using different scoundrels than whay those vids show.
    I also run embo in p1 with hunters, so I don't have enough left for a second full hunter line, I need some scoundrels. I want to maximize my damage output across the whole raid, that's why I'm asking lol
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Edit: I should preface by stating that my Chex team is super low, and wasn't a priority
    I did go back and test this more btw. Ive haven't changed my chex line at all in about 6 raids. 3 I used pao and offense up, the other 3 I used vet chewy with 0 added speed. pretty consistently, there are 7 enemy moves before my stand alone, giving +84 offense to vet. not sure why, but this balances out to about 10K more damage in my total damage at the end.
    granted, my pao and dt are lower gear, so offense up may make more of a difference later on.
    But imagine using both.. Run chex mix.. run rolo.. then run sing with offense stackers for double that?

My original points stands tho. if vet chewy is even close to on par with the offense up buff during stand alone, then og chewy, mission and z, and anyone else who stack offense constantly would be super beneficial during stand alone, if you can't find other uses for them, especially WITH offense up.
    Look at mcmole's version of this in p2, I just saw it. Same concept. Stack offense by forcing Z to tank, mission will hit for insane damage.
    I been doing this with og chewy and chex since the day he was released, and recently added vet chewy to the line as well to drop rng to almost nothing and still hit 3.5% consistently on my first run.

I still don't have sing tho, and would still like to see someone test her with offense stackers just to see how high you can get that one shot... That was the whole point of all this testing.
    Post edited by Gannon on
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    vifet5w9qgih.jpeg
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    kfweee9b77er.jpeg