From one extreme to another, what's going on?

AssassinoAlexis
134 posts Member
edited August 2018
Word has it in the streets that we're getting flooded with legendary events very soon. I have seen many pictures on discord claiming that we're to expect 2-4 legendary toons soon and you don't have to be a genius to figure out that it's going to have something to do with the scoundrels/bounty Hunters/ sith/ separatists. Of course it could also be some new Jedi, FO or resistance but regardless of what it is it's most likely going to require characters who are on single hard nodes and we've just begun to farm.

I sense that we'll be forced to choose between legendaries since we won't have the resources to work at getting them all at the same time which is to say the least, BRUTAL! Imagine if you had to choose between BB8/Rey or R2/CLS or Palpatine/Thrawn and to know that once you've picked, you can't go back for another 4-6 months unless you pay tons of cash.

We have complained alot about Marquee events not only because of their boring format but also because of the cost of these characters. If you're planning to replace Marquee with some other type of event but keep the price tag at the same of higher, then please don't. I've already made peace with the idea that I will have to postpone using my favorite characters for months after they come into game, but I don't know how long more I can do this. Let's be reasonable, keeping us 2 steps behind to encourage spending is one thing, keeping us 10 steps behind with no chance of catching up for years is a bad recipe which will ultimately fail.

I want to see this game do well, in order for that to happen you will have to satisfy most of your players, not just the 1%.

Replies

• Options
    You're complaining about something that hasn't happened yet, and may never happen, based on rumors and guesses?

Gotta give you credit for being ahead of the game on that one. Personally, I'll wait and see what happens before getting upset.
  • Options
    I mean...that is how it is for new players.

I focused on CLS (and got him last event before I was 85) but knew that I would not be able to be ready for the next JTR event because I would need to work on other things. I chose CLS over JTR, and knew it would be 6 or 9 months before I would be able to get JTR.

So yeah, I'll have to choose who to focus on after I see who all comes out. but that's how this game is for non-Krakens.
  • Options
    TaviRus wrote: »
    I mean...that is how it is for new players.

I focused on CLS (and got him last event before I was 85) but knew that I would not be able to be ready for the next JTR event because I would need to work on other things. I chose CLS over JTR, and knew it would be 6 or 9 months before I would be able to get JTR.

So yeah, I'll have to choose who to focus on after I see who all comes out. but that's how this game is for non-Krakens.

Well you're a new player so that's kind of your fault, many of us are 2+ year veterans at the game and we are in danger of the same situation.
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    You're complaining about something that hasn't happened yet, and may never happen, based on rumors and guesses?

Gotta give you credit for being ahead of the game on that one. Personally, I'll wait and see what happens before getting upset.

Well I'd say warrior is a very reliable source
  • Options
    Once again stirring the imaginary pot i see op . . , you must have something better to do with your time one would think.
  • Options
    Rumor has it that if you put a tooth under your pillow you’ll get Nest shards in the morning.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Rumor has it that if you put a tooth under your pillow you’ll get Nest shards in the morning.

Wrong, you put the tooth under your tinfoil hat
  • Options
    It’s not a rumour CG_Carrie states very clearly that’s exactly what’s happening on Reddit.

Marquees are front loaded to the first half of their fiscal year which started April 1. Second half of the year we have legendary and “journey-like” events coming. Get on those hard farms...
  • Options
    Allocation of scarce resources is what separates one f2p from another f2p.

Predicting the next trend is important if you want to stay ahead of those around you... panic-farming the latest, hottest trend is a sure-fire way to ruin your roster. Pick a toon/team/faction,and STAY FOCUSED, it’s much more rewarding than chasing skirts.

The META changes every 4-8 months, and every dog has his day.

I think it’s great that every single player CAN’T have every single toon, and double-great that legendary toons are as difficult an investment choice as they are.

I’m a December ‘15 player and I think it’s totally fine I don’t have JTR. Probably won’t have the vets farmed in time for her next event, either. Oh well. Also, my Thrawn is “only” g11... and that’s OK.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    nothing of the above actually exists
  • Options
    It’s not a rumour CG_Carrie states very clearly that’s exactly what’s happening on Reddit.

Marquees are front loaded to the first half of their fiscal year which started April 1. Second half of the year we have legendary and “journey-like” events coming. Get on those hard farms...

A half a year is a long window of time in which to schedule 2 to 4 Legendary and/or Heros Journey events. OP seems to be saying that they'll all come the same week.

If you'll recall, Thrawn, CLS, BB-8, and RJT were all introduced in a half a year last year (between June 15 and December 15). There were some scrambles. But it wasn't the situation OP described.
  • Options
    It will Carrie plainly said it on Reddit. To get on the farm because the end of the year was going to be legendary and journey like farms. Those bashing the OP get your facts straight. Their was even a thread made by a mod who screenshots what Carrie said on Reddit to here.

But by all means keep trolling the OP and making yourself look like more of the fool.
  • Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    It will Carrie plainly said it on Reddit. To get on the farm because the end of the year was going to be legendary and journey like farms. Those bashing the OP get your facts straight. Their was even a thread made by a mod who screenshots what Carrie said on Reddit to here.

But by all means keep trolling the OP and making yourself look like more of the fool.

You need to reread things, your the one looking the fool, none of us are trolling the op .
  • Options
    Link to Reddit thread?
  • Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »

She said the second half of their fiscal year. Which begins in April. So October to March. Not the end of the calendar year.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yes, she stated the possibility of legendary/ HJ events on the back end of the stream of marquee events we have had.

No where has anyone suggested we would be flooded with those events.
  • Options
    Ok now I'm going to defend CG on this one. Everyone complained that they wanted revan, jango, or another legendary character for awhile now. They really didn't have a lot of toons that would have made sense that hadn't been used for previous legendary events for many of these wanted legendary events. So they spent part of the year seeding the game with toons to be requirements and then we'll get our legendary characters and the new toons will likely be the requirements for such. So what the op says is probably fairly accurate. The marquee events really started gearing up around April so we probably have a bit uet if it's six months. Two or three legendaries over 6 months is not a bad thing. With the toons released, it will likely be: a bounty hunter legendary, revan or malak, possibly a solo legendary, and as always a possibly jedi luke. The bh one may or may not req specific bhs. If it does it may be awhile for some but if it's generic bhs then most can probably get it if you haven't neglected them. I'm guessing it may be just 5 bh req if it's on the level of gmy or palp quality. So there's one. Then there's revan/malak. Likely won't be until feb since that's ds month. That still falls in the last half of the fiscal year if the op is right. And that gives time for farming if you focus bit early enough that the unfocused panic farm them. A solo legendary may or may not happen. The toons were released as part of the movie hype and may be req for nothing like rogue one. Hard to tell. For jedi luke, the likely req have been around long enough to farm if needed. I farmed all but a few hoda and rolo shards and will finish them soon. But they are likely counting on enough players being distracted by all the new shiny stuff for a panic farm of some of those. If you are unprepared, you will likely have to choose to panic farm one or the other. But that's life. Also it is likely the first ones to be released were put on hard nodes because these take the longest. But there will likely be some spread out for the kotor toons. There are a lot of empty ship nodes after all. But over all I have no problem with this approach is it is how they are doing it. If you plan ahead you still get most of them timely and they make money off those that don't plan. Now of the ones i mentioned, i am going for jedi luke and reven/malak. Though if I can manage I will farm the new bhs since they are pretty good. But the solo toons are likely a distraction like the rogue one toons. As I said this is speculation but I don't see too many more options for legendary toons that have been hinted at. So 3 maybe 4 in six months with one likely to be generic req. That isn't unreasonable.
  • Options
    Once again stirring the imaginary pot i see op . . , you must have something better to do with your time one would think.

You've seen Warrior's post on discord right?
  • Options

You've seen Warrior's post on discord right?

I’ve also seen carries post on reddit, . . Regardless, . . You are carrying on like chicken little.

And frankly until a dev posts info, idle speculation and gossip is just that.
  • Options
    If they aren’t OP, game changing characters I would have no problem having to choose between legendary farms and then knowing what to work on for the next go around. It’s only a problem if you can’t keep up in Game Mode X because you missed out.
  • Options
    Can we cut it out with the ridiculous rumors?

And while we're at it, can we cut it out with the sensationalist click bait YouTubers amplifying the forum/Reddit/Discord echo chamber for these rumors?

Remember when we had that visual glitch that displayed ????? shards with the Territory Wars prizes, and one of the YouTubers was like, "It's Revan! That's totally gonna be Revan! ????? is Revan!"

Ugh.

Don't listen to rumors, people. They're dumb.

Are we gonna get another Legendary or two by year's end? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know. You don't know. Nobody knows. And if it is a thing, fine. Yay, more content. Go for it, or don't. Whatever.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Yup. I hope we get legendaries-hjs simply because its a much more enjoyable model of getting a character than marquees.
    I would love to have Revan, so Im farming whatever I think is related to him.
  • Options
    I really can't see the hostility to marquee events and the associated $10 booster packs which only amount to 4 from 3 stars. Unless your talking about those horrible gambler packs. Even the moderators have admitted this is a business and if you want a new toon 7* right away it's two to three hundred dollars.Do you really think there going to give up their income stream? Personally I like getting a low level copy of the toon. It's not like there going to stop introducing new toons into the game and I heard in the past they even charged for what we now get free in marquee now.