Whats the diference from 5* to 7* ?

So while i level up and getting starts in my characters i have noticed the diference in stars are really only stats and not much stronger i think ,so i was thinking if i should stop farming a character at 5* and go to next so i can have more options ,Gear is what matters a lot .....levels / stars is not so much in power grown.Is the 5* / 6* / 7* diference in stats so much that its really important maybe? Isnt 5 * minimun for legendary events ...

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Onoma00 wrote: »
    So while i level up and getting starts in my characters i have noticed the diference in stars are really only stats and not much stronger i think ,so i was thinking if i should stop farming a character at 5* and go to next so i can have more options ,Gear is what matters a lot .....levels / stars is not so much in power grown.Is the 5* / 6* / 7* diference in stats so much that its really important maybe? Isnt 5 * minimun for legendary events ...

Biggest difference is being able to use a character in raids. There are some stats that are important though.
  • Options
    Depending on the character, increasing stars could improve various stats or only one. The main reasons for increasing characters to full 7 stars are raids, mod challenges, and events that limit participation by star count, galactic power, ship power, and getting to gear 12. These areas require higher or max star characters to participate or compete.
  • Options
    When the game first started, it was plenty to only star them up to 6 star and moving on, but as i am a day 1 player, I can tell you without question, it's worth the time and effort getting those guys to 7*
  • Options
    Focus on one very good team,.7* them all, then come back and let's talk......
  • Options
    Your immediate goal used to be to get at least one toon to 7* so you can post a zero in the raids. The new sign up format might have changed that though.

After that, it would be better to build a balanced team for GW and arena. 5* is not even halfway to 7*.
  • Options
    Try attacking a 5* squad with a comparably leveled and geared 7* team and you'll quickly find out.

The power rating is only a rough guide to an individual character's power. With the right combination of characters you can defeat squads with significantly higher power ratings.

• Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Try attacking a 5* squad with a comparably leveled and geared 7* team and you'll quickly find out.

The power rating is only a rough guide to an individual character's power. With the right combination of characters you can defeat squads with significantly higher power ratings.

The problem is that mods are not accurately reflected in a character's power rating. Adding good mods to a character gives a very minor increase to the power rating while significantly increasing the actual power of the character.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

The problem is that mods are not accurately reflected in a character's power rating. Adding good mods to a character gives a very minor increase to the power rating while significantly increasing the actual power of the character.
    The power ratings are certainly flawed, no argument there.

Edit: I do not mean to underrate mods either: a good mod set can make a big difference. My point was simply that all else being equal or at least comparable, those last two stars make a big difference.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • Options
    I came here looking to see if anyone said "two stars" but no one did.
  • Options

2*!

And
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    The main reasons for increasing characters to full 7 stars are raids, mod challenges, and events that limit participation by star count, galactic power, ship power, and getting to gear 12. These areas require higher or max star characters to participate or compete.

• Options
    You can only get to GL 12 with 7* characters. Those last few pieces in gl 11 and the GL12+ gear can make an ENORMOUS difference in a toon’s strength.
  • Options
    Some toons are viable in arena and other non star locked modes at 3* and up. This includes certain leaders(eg Bastilla), toons with OP skills (Thrawn and Nihilous etc), and tanks(GK,Sion, Old Ben). Attackers who rely on pure dmg output tend to be more dependant on stars.

The other big things about reaching 7* is the availability of G12, and the ability to use them in heroic raids and other events needing 7* toons. Oh, lets not forget the "sense of pride and accomplishment"
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    GuanIsHere wrote: »
    Some toons are viable in arena and other non star locked modes at 3* and up. This includes certain leaders(eg Bastilla), toons with OP skills (Thrawn and Nihilous etc), and tanks(GK,Sion, Old Ben). Attackers who rely on pure dmg output tend to be more dependant on stars.

The other big things about reaching 7* is the availability of G12, and the ability to use them in heroic raids and other events needing 7* toons. Oh, lets not forget the "sense of pride and accomplishment"

Bastilla, Traya and Nest are viable at less than 7*. Everyone else being viable at 7*, in a good arena, is questionable.