a new arena system needed

Tarah
202 posts Member
edited August 2018
the actual arena system is only for who have time to play at payout and is in a shardchat where the first 10-20-50 position are preassigned every day... I do not think this is the spirit of the arena...

this is an idea for a new arena system:

you cann attack 5 time every day
you can attack also people behind you
you gain point based on the position of the team you attack, but you LOSE the same (or a %) if you attack and lost
when you are attaccked and lose. you lose point based on the position of the attacker, but if you are attacked and win, you GAIN the same (or a %) of the points

every day u recive your loot based on the points u have

every months reset all points, and start with 1/30 (one day) of the points of previous month

shard reset every 3-6 months

what do u think about?

Replies

• Themy
    96 posts Member
    Options
    I’m really glad you aren’t a developer.
  • Vombatidae
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I like it, but it will never fly, because CG can't monetize it - if they sold refreshs for crystals, it would be even more p2w than the current model. I agree with the problems... the cabal on my shard only controls the top 20, but it is a 2015 shard, and payout is in the middle of my long commute, so it's pointless to even try for top 100.
  • Options
    Reading this post gave me cancer.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    Vombatidae wrote: »
    I like it, but it will never fly, because CG can't monetize it - if they sold refreshs for crystals, it would be even more p2w than the current model. I agree with the problems... the cabal on my shard only controls the top 20, but it is a 2015 shard, and payout is in the middle of my long commute, so it's pointless to even try for top 100.

IT'S NOT A CABAL BECAUSE THOSE IN ONE SAY IT ISN'T.

• Zmobie
    54 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Tournaments used a similar model in the early days and they were HORRIBLE. You would routinely have people play the entire time it was open and do fairly well only to place like **** still and get really **** about the time commitment. If there were no refreshes it might be a little better, but that wouldn't fly because then you end up even more at the mercy of RNG in a lot of scenarios (especially in ships...).

Current system isn't the best, but it is very unlikely to change.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Zmobie wrote: »
    Tournaments used a similar model in the early days and they were HORRIBLE. You would routinely have people play the entire time it was open and do fairly well only to place like **** still and get really **** about the time commitment. If there were no refreshes it might be a little better, but that wouldn't fly because then you end up even more at the mercy of RNG in a lot of scenarios (especially in ships...).

Current system isn't the best, but it is very unlikely to change.

i would prefer to be in mercy of RNG than of a shardchat